• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Why is the Dome closed?

Why can't Rogers (owner of the Skydome + the Jays + the Canadian radio and television channels broadcasting the Jays, multi-billion-dollar organization with huge financial and political power) just keep the skydome open?

Why is the Dome closed?

Why can't Rogers (owner of the Skydome + the Jays + the Canadian radio and television channels broadcasting the Jays, multi-billion-dollar organization with huge financial and political power) just keep the skydome open?

MLB has the final decision in the playoffs.

Also, I think it's going to be below 15 celsius so Skydome would have to be closed anyway since they can't open/close the dome below that temperature.

1473514097026886182.gif

Was going to say Rangers/Royals today. But now that DoctorWho is going to the game, the Blue Jays are going to ride that good karma to victory. Blue Jays/Royals.

I was on Seat Geek. My credit card suddenly came out of my wallet and now my order is pending...

What have I done?

Awesome! Have a blast.

The sky is falling in St. Louis today. Everyone on radio blasting our performance.

For what the Cards had to deal with this year, I give Matheny a lot of credit. Cards need to shore up offense though, but power outages are everywhere.

Everyone was hurt and the Cubs were a 97 win team. Shake yourselves, St Louis. No shame in losing that series.

1473514097026886182.gif

Was going to say Rangers/Royals today. But now that DoctorWho is going to the game, the Blue Jays are going to ride that good karma to victory. Blue Jays/Royals.

Awesome! Have a blast.

Still waiting for this thing to go through. How long does Seat Geek take to confirm? It's 100 level outfield for $160 USD. A bit more than I would have liked but a lot cheaper than anything else in that section.

billeh

Come on Mets, I'm sick of playing Southern California teams in my championship series (in hockey .. but whatever). It'll be fun.

15 - ANA
14 - LAK
13 - LAK

Less than 8 hours for things to be decided, Jays fans. It'll all be over, one way or another, soon. You can make it through this very trying time.

Don't like the lines today and have yet to decide if I'm going to bet. It would be nice to make up for yesterdays loss but I might just play it safe and wait for the AL/NLCS to start.

Might take -105 under 8 for Rangers vs Jays. Might take KC for +165 on the run line.

Price might face one or two left-handed bats late since they have no other lefty in the bullpen. I can't imagine Gibby would not use Price in situations where he needs a lefty, it would be very uncharacteristic of him. That said I think they will try to get Stroman to go as long as they can.

Line_HTX

Congratulations, Cubs, you knocked off the dreaded Cardinals and stopped them in their tracks! 100 wins? PFFT they suck. I'm so happy the Cardinals got ousted. Now I'm hoping for Cubs/Dodgers in the NLCS.

I sit here, two days later, still dumbfounded and embarrassed and ashamed. I'm almost absolutely sure ConfusingJazz is watching my every move in this postseason. Damnit, A.J. Hinch was saying that Will Harris had a great year and that he would go to bat for him every time. Yeah, well, he was the one who loaded the bases to begin with. Should've brought in Sipp at the star to at least minimize the damage.

This just proves that the real culprit was Valbuena for having a terrible AB to end the 7th when there were runners at 2nd and 3rd. A 4-run lead is never safe in the postseason, you just never know.

Carlos Correa continues to tear it up in the postseason, being the 2nd youngest to have multiple HR's, but SHAME ON HIM for committing that error in the 8th that kept the snowball going. Regardless, ultimately the bullpen needs to wake the fuck up, especially at middle-relief.

Let's go, Astros, please win Game 5 and shut those critics up with the STUPIDEST stat on the record for series-clinching games. Fuck that stat, that is SHIIIT!

Dodgers/Colts here.

A Colts game was the first NFL game I remember watching. I liked their logo and color scheme, and they actually won the game. Of course, little did I know that they were a shitty perennial 4-12 type of team at the time.

That love was solidified in the highs and lows of the Captain Comeback season. Such joy, such heartbreak in that postseason.

Dodgers, Lakers and when the Rams come back them too. All NorCal teams can get bent.

Line_HTX

I believe in Toronto. So what if the Rangers won 11 straight games with Hamels on the mound including postseason? It's this game that counts.

kris.

Banned
I am nervous as fuck for tonight's game. Hopefully our hitters ride that momentum from game 4 and put up some runs early and Cueto doesn't completely shit the bed.

Something like Canada is not used to catch Foul balls. Or some stupid comment.

Wish he would be fired for not only this, but all the other dumb shit he's said.

Canada has a long baseball tradition. Baseball was being played in Canada at the same time it was in Cooperstown. And in the early 1900's there were like two dozen minor league teams there.

The Montreal Royals alone have one of the best baseball traditions of the sport.

Canada deserves a lot of bile and insults, but its baseball tradition is not a reason why.

I swear I am thinking of burying my head under a pillow with headphones on and emerging four hours later just to see what happens.

Good thing my friend is dragging me over to his place for it.

JoseDFrog

Banned
right! the best is when you win 14 straight division championships!

/sings we are the champions

right guys?!?!?!?

****crickets**

I'm so happy the best team won't make it to the World Series. They can congratulate themselves on their accomplishment and relax during their well earned extended vacation.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Congratulations, Cubs, you knocked off the dreaded Cardinals and stopped them in their tracks! 100 wins? PFFT they suck. I'm so happy the Cardinals got ousted. Now I'm hoping for Cubs/Dodgers in the NLCS.

I sit here, two days later, still dumbfounded and embarrassed and ashamed. I'm almost absolutely sure ConfusingJazz is watching my every move in this postseason. Damnit, A.J. Hinch was saying that Will Harris had a great year and that he would go to bat for him every time. Yeah, well, he was the one who loaded the bases to begin with. Should've brought in Sipp at the star to at least minimize the damage.

This just proves that the real culprit was Valbuena for having a terrible AB to end the 7th when there were runners at 2nd and 3rd. A 4-run lead is never safe in the postseason, you just never know.

Carlos Correa continues to tear it up in the postseason, being the 2nd youngest to have multiple HR's, but SHAME ON HIM for committing that error in the 8th that kept the snowball going. Regardless, ultimately the bullpen needs to wake the fuck up, especially at middle-relief.

Let's go, Astros, please win Game 5 and shut those critics up with the STUPIDEST stat on the record for series-clinching games. Fuck that stat, that is SHIIIT!

dude, really at the bolded? That ball was anything but routine. It had wicked spin on it, I think Sipp's glove touched the ball as well.

There's a part of me hoping for a Jays-Mets world series just because of all the angst that will flow through the thread.

Line, the Astros are a year or two ahead of schedule in even reaching the postseason. Just getting as far as they have is a hell of an achievement for the Astros.

wbsmcs

I really hope the Jays win...not only because I obviously want them to win the World Series, but because I don't think I would be able to watch any other games if they lose. And it's looking like a great postseason so far. Mets-Cubs would be a great series, but if they Jays lose a heartbreaker, I just won't be up for baseball for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom