• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was just beer spray and not a huge deal.

But the can did fly over their heads, it says, so I can understand the anger and the mother's fear. If someone just sprayed a bit and it hit the baby, it'd be a different story.

As I said, though: Toronto fans are normally docile and well behaved. This would've happened anywhere else. It just happened here with a select amount of drunks like every city has. US media acts like we're heathens when it's happened before in their country. I've never thrown anything onto a field or rink, nor do I think it's a good thing to do -- especially cans -- but yeah.
I heard on the news that they're going to ban beer cans, ridiculous. What's next? Ban beer?

American media is just looking for an excuse to jump on the Jays, what do you expect.

I can't wait to see all the crying if the upcoming series has as much bad blood as the last time we faced KC

Yeah, that must be it. When the Braves fans did the same thing in 2012 there was a lot of sports media criticizing the fans (rightfully so).

In other news, Ken Rosenthal thinks the Blue Jays should have to forfeit future games if this happens again. Such outrage.

As for Rosenthal's article, his suggestion of having the home team forfeit it's games because of fan behaviour is an obviously stupid idea from an otherwise usually reasonable man. What would stop fans of the opposing team from going to games and throwing garbage?

But if that's the only thing you took away from the article, you should probably read it again.

American media is just looking for an excuse to jump on the Jays, what do you expect.

Is there any more to the story about the Mets fan that was physically attacked by Dodger fans?

No, because the American media is too busy scolding Canadians for tossing a beer can.

Such persecution. Much complex.

Yeah, just a few articles. From, you know, everywhere.

LA Times Dodger Stadium fight: 'You heard his skull hitting the concrete,' witness says

NY Daily News Authorities searching for mother, son in connection to brutal beating of Mets fan outside Dodger Stadium

Sporting News Mother, son sought in Dodger Stadium fight that left Mets fan critically injured

I must've missed something, because I remember people getting on Atlanta fans for dumping shit on the field during the infield fly rule thing a few years back. In fact, whenever it happens, it's always immediately condemned as being a stupid act that slows down the game and makes the crowd look terrible.

I don't know where the sudden stupid persecution complex is coming from, but I wish it would stop.

I must've missed something, because I remember people getting on Atlanta fans for dumping shit on the field during the infield fly rule thing a few years back. In fact, whenever it happens, it's always immediately condemned as being a stupid act that slows down the game and makes the crowd look terrible.

I don't know where the sudden stupid persecution complex is coming from, but I wish it would stop.

Canadians think there is some bizarre American conspiracy where all they do is sit around, talk about how much they hate us and do everything within their power to make our lives miserable. In all actuality, America doesn't give a shit about Canada.

Also, understand that most of the people who think Toronto is being demonized currently have been paying attention to the sport for less than 2 months. They can deny it all they want, but if they did watch baseball they would be able to remember the first wild card game in Atlanta 3 years ago.

He EASILY meets the minimum requirements. You only need to have played 70 games lol.

So yes, Gordon wins.

Not only that, but reputation > all when it comes to the Gold Glove. This is why Molina won it last year despite missing a couple months and why he will win it this year despite not being the best defensive catcher in the NL.

BFIB

Mo: I think we have great internal options to shore up offense.

z7hPR2u.gif

Yeah, but in a cup said beer cannot become a projectile. Imagine the lawsuit the Jays would have had that baby been smacked in the head with that bottle and suffered brain damage.

A baby's head is pretty hard especially when he's swinging his head around, I don't think an empty can is that dangerous and you've got to be a complete idiot to waste a full can of perfectly good beer, but the point is that the baby in question got sprayed and did not get hit by a can, let's not overreact and start banning everything due to an isolated incident.

That said if my baby gets hit I'll probably hunt the idiot down and open a can of ass-whopping.

A baby's head is pretty hard especially when he's swinging his head around, I don't think an empty can is that dangerous and you've got to be a complete idiot to waste a full can of perfectly good beer, but the point is that the baby in question got sprayed and did not get hit by a can, let's not overreact and start banning everything due to an isolated incident.

Tell that to the Jays' risk management lawyers.

Mo: I think we have great internal options to shore up offense.

z7hPR2u.gif

The only place where there's a conceivable replacement worth the money would be 1st base. And since Chris Davis is the only one on the market, not a great option.

I'd love to see what Votto would cost. It'll never happen, but can you imagine Marp and him as the 1-2 in a lineup?

zroid

Banned
He EASILY meets the minimum requirements. You only need to have played 70 games lol.

So yes, Gordon wins.

I know voting for the gold glove can be pretty dumb, but if Pillar had played the entire season in LF, he would likely be so far ahead of the other LFs in the AL this year by DRS that it would be as much of a runaway win as Kiermaier will be in CF this year.

If the gold glove were still given to the three best outfielders, the winners would likely be Kiermaier, Pillar, and Cain.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
NLDS Game 5 Mets lineup:
Granderson, RF
Wright, 3B
Murphy, 2B
Cespedes, CF
Duda, 1B
d’Arnaud, C
Conforto, LF
Flores, SS
deGrom, RHP

There's a petition on Change.org by Royals fans to get Joe Buck off the ALCS, on account of how much he sucks.

Hard to believe the Cubs are more likely to win the world series before we get decent announcers for the MLB post season.

Anyway, I got faith in the Mets to finish the Dodgers off tonight. Taking them for +135 on the moneyline.

Choomp

Banned
I hope the Mets can somehow pull it off, but I'm not going to lose my shit over a possible loss tonight if they simply get outplayed. Regardless of the outcome tonight, it's been a lot of fun rooting for this team in 2015.

This is my thinking. I really want them to advance and give the Cubs a good series, but this has still been one of the most fun Mets teams to watch in my lifetime, so I won't be crushed if it ends tonight. The near future might be looking shakier than before on the offensive side, but I still like what the Mets have in young talent for the next few years.

Really wish Oscar Tavares hadn't passed.

Hate your team with a fiery passion, but would have loved to watch his bat develop.

I really would've liked to see the Cards win it all this year for Oscar.

The baseball gods are too cruel though, taking Carlos Martinez away in late September. Kid had an incredible season, especially since Oscar was his best friend and I can't imagine how he felt

mdubs

Banned
Canadians think there is some bizarre American conspiracy where all they do is sit around, talk about how much they hate us and do everything within their power to make our lives miserable. In all actuality, America doesn't give a shit about Canada.

Also, understand that most of the people who think Toronto is being demonized currently have been paying attention to the sport for less than 2 months. They can deny it all they want, but if they did watch baseball they would be able to remember the first wild card game in Atlanta 3 years ago.

Putting words in my mouth, nowhere did I say that. I don't think America cares about Canada at all and it really doesn't matter what they think, but for some reason at this moment they do care right now when people do something that some people perceive as wrong. I'm sure Ken Rosenthal was jumping out of his chair to call for forfeiting games in Atlanta after that game, right?

Edit: For clarity, there is no conspiracy, that would be ridiculous. I'm just saying that there seems to be a quickness to jump on the pulpit at the moment.

Watching baseball =! following baseball and watching the playoffs every year. Many people here only follow the Jays and have been watching the majority of their games each season, and after they miss the playoffs go back to watching hockey. Despite watching the majority of the Jays' regular season games for the past number of years, I commit the sin of not watching playoff baseball when they aren't in it, because that's the time to carry on the miserable experience of watching the start of another disastrous Leafs season. Therefore, I am discredited as an actual baseball fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom