• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another pair of douche bags on the same team that can rival the level of douche-baggery of Batista and Donaldson?

That little bat flip that Batista did when he hit that home run was very diva-esque

794564046.gif

squall211

Alright enough of these lame ass birds.

National League Baseball is up tonight and the Mets have Herbal Essense model Jacob deGrom on the mound.

jacob-degrom.jpg

Be afraid.

The only pitchers that should think about picking up a baseball in that bullpen tonight are Harvey, Syndergaard, and Familia.

Edit: Maybe a Dodger fan can answer this...but do you think Kershaw would be able to come out of the pen for an inning or two tonight?

Beckx

Oh, people might be interested to know there's a new 3DS baseball game out in Japan - Famista Returns. It's pretty old-school (Famista became the original RBI Baseball).

Only just started but I've got my favorite rookie pitcher from this year's Fighters team going up against...aliens and some team of Namco weirdos. It's glorious.

Gotta have a JP or unlocked 3DS, though.

ShaneB

Still in awe what a crazy game that was last night.

Watching the highlights post game and again hearing the roar of the crowd with that Bautista homer was incredible. Hope the momentum continues against the Royals.

acksman

Congrats Jays fans.

Sad for my Rangers that was a rough one last night. Just too many mistakes last night. Looking forward to next year. Hopefully we get a healthy Yu back and Beltre. Need to make a few minor adjustments. Don't know what the hell to do with Hamilton.

Oh, people might be interested to know there's a new 3DS baseball game out in Japan - Famista Returns. It's pretty old-school (Famista became the original RBI Baseball).

Only just started but I've got my favorite rookie pitcher from this year's Fighters team going up against...aliens and some team of Namco weirdos. It's glorious.

Please don't remind me of the state of affairs RE:Baseball games.

I still haven't jumped into current gen (unless you count the WiiU) and I don't need to be reminded that I can't get a handheld baseball game for my US 3DS and pretty soon The Show will be relegated to just the PS4. It sucks.

Beckx

Please don't remind me of the state of affairs RE:Baseball games.

I still haven't jumped into current gen (unless you count the WiiU) and I don't need to be reminded that I can't get a handheld baseball game for my US 3DS and pretty soon The Show will be relegated to just the PS4. It sucks.

I'm desperately clinging to the remaining years of Japanese baseball games before they go all mobile.

AHHHHH. I would literally buy a new 3DS just for a sweet mobile baseball game. If my home purchase goes through, I'm going to have a lot of time on Busses for the next couple of years.

No offense but as a father of a 3 month old, it's beer spray, not beer can, a little beer on the face isn't going to hurt anyone, you can't charge anyone for that shit, it's like drunk uncle spraying baby with champagne, no harm no foul.

Yeah, it was just beer spray and not a huge deal.

But the can did fly over their heads, it says, so I can understand the anger and the mother's fear. If someone just sprayed a bit and it hit the baby, it'd be a different story.

As I said, though: Toronto fans are normally docile and well behaved. This would've happened anywhere else. It just happened here with a select amount of drunks like every city has. US media acts like we're heathens when it's happened before in their country. I've never thrown anything onto a field or rink, nor do I think it's a good thing to do -- especially cans -- but yeah.

Beckx

AHHHHH. I would literally buy a new 3DS just for a sweet mobile baseball game. If my home purchase goes through, I'm going to have a lot of time on Busses for the next couple of years.

There's some really good Japanese stuff to get. TBH Vita has the best baseball games & is easier b/c it's region free w/o hacks (if you have a Vita the Power Pro and Pro Yakyuu Spirits games are incredible, Pro Yakyuu Spirits is (IMO) better than the Show). Potential downsides are: no MLB teams and obviously the games are all in Japanese. There are guides (spiritstranslation.com) to get through the language barrier but tbh you have more fun with them if you can learn a little Japanese baseball lingo (like which characters are for first base, shortstop, etc. etc.).

mdubs

Banned
I love how all these media types, Ken Rosenthal especially, are up on their pulpit lecturing the city of Toronto right now for the trash throwing. Keep crying, nobody cares what you think.

Throwing stuff after the home run was dumb, but I have no problems with the field being littered after that ridiculous call

CRW2rvyVEAQjQxU.png

Oh canada!

Ha love it!

Yeah, it was just beer spray and not a huge deal.

But the can did fly over their heads, it says, so I can understand the anger and the mother's fear. If someone just sprayed a bit and it hit the baby, it'd be a different story.

As I said, though: Toronto fans are normally docile and well behaved. This would've happened anywhere else. It just happened here with a select amount of drunks like every city has. US media acts like we're heathens when it's happened before in their country. I've never thrown anything onto a field or rink, nor do I think it's a good thing to do -- especially cans -- but yeah.

I've watched enough hockey to know that this doesn't hold true in Canada.

Anywhere else? I've never seen beer cans fly at playoff games in Arizona, San Diego, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Texas or Oakland. Weird.

Even Yankees bleacher creatures(notorious for hounding opposing teams fans) are not people to litter the field. Red Sox and Phillies games I've never experienced that either.

Anywhere else? I've never seen beer cans fly at playoff games in Arizona, San Diego, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Texas or Oakland. Weird.

I've watched enough hockey to know that this doesn't hold true in Canada.

Even Yankees bleacher creatures(notorious for hounding opposing teams fans) are not people to litter the field. Red Sox and Phillies games I've never experienced that either.

Articles mentioned it having happened before in Atlanta. Also Boston, I believe.

I'm not aware of those incidents. But it still doesn't justify the behavior yesterday or make it okay, does it?

Ken Rosenthal mentioned them in his article. LINK

There's also been talk about Yankee Stadium in years passed, and stories about Yankees fans littering the opposing teams' bullpen.

Alas, no: It does not make it okay or justify it. I'm not defending the actions of the drunken idiots; I'm just saying that Toronto isn't the only place where it's happened so we're not the MLB's heathens. Most fans are like me, classy and respectful, but people have too much to drink and this happens. I hardly ever talk during games, let alone bother opposing teams or throw shit on the field.

Uh, okay...

2015 Volquez
2.6 WAR
4.26 xFIP

2015 Estrada
1.8 WAR
4.93 xFIP

That's great.

You do realize the Jays are on fire right now, and the last time these 2 teams faced off, the Jays went on to beat them, and went on a 11 game win streak.

And to top it all off, Volquez pissed off the Jays. So please get prepared to lose the series. It's not gonna be pretty.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
nazem kadri says he almost caught the bautista homer

i need top quality footage to see if this claim is an exaggeration

What's with Canadians and the bizarre inferiority complex towards America? It was on full display last night and it's still going on this morning?

"It's not beer bottles, it's beer cans! Quit making it sound so severe!"

"We're not the only people who do it, it's happened in other cities as well!"

No, you don't in anyway try to justify the situation, even though you can post disclaimers saying you do not condone the behaviour. What you should be doing is quit trying to even remotely justify the actions at the Dome last night, and drop the talk about it.

Born and raised in Toronto, for anyone who thinks I'm some sort of patriot doing a round of chest bumping. Just a fed up Canadian who is embarrassed from yesterday.

That's great.

You do realize the Jays are on fire right now, and the last time these 2 teams faced off, the Jays went on to beat them, and went on a 11 game win streak.

And to top it all off, Volquez pissed off the Jays. So please get prepared to lose the series. It's not gonna be pretty.

Okay, that will definitely all happen again. Surely. 100% chance.

P.S. I love how your example of "on fire right now" is a team that barely beat the Rangers in a 5 game series. En fuego, indeed...

Okay, that will definitely all happen again. Surely. 100% chance.

P.S. I love how your example of "on fire right now" is a team that barely beat the Rangers in a 5 game series. En fuego, indeed...

And the Royals barely beat the Astros.

Yeah I guess going down 0-2 and then going on the road for 2, then taking the series isn't on fire. OK.

Just for reference: In the post you quoted, I meant to say, "This could've happened anywhere else," not "would've."

It could have, sure.

But it still doesn't make it okay. I know you don't think it's okay either.

It just doesn't need to be justified.

It was a smear on an otherwise great and crazy game.

3N16MA

Banned
What's with Canadians and the bizarre inferiority complex towards America? It was on full display last night and it's still going on this morning?

"It's not beer bottles, it's beer cans! Quit making it sound so severe!"

"We're not the only people who do it, it's happened in other cities as well!"

No, you don't in anyway try to justify the situation, even though you can post disclaimers saying you do not condone the behaviour. What you should be doing is quit trying to even remotely justify the actions at the Dome last night, and drop the talk about it.

Born and raised in Toronto, for anyone who thinks I'm some sort of patriot doing a round of chest bumping. Just a fed up Canadian who is embarrassed from yesterday.

There should be no defense for the idiots and I don't see why anyone would want to defend them. Must be some fans that went to their first game.

That being said the mass majority of fans threw nothing on the field.

MC Safety

Why?

Because Terry Collins is awful and needs to go.

I'm glad he's satisfied with having made it to the playoffs and thinks a win would be a nice extra. But that's a crappy attitude to have.

I don't give a crap if the Mets are outgunned in game 5. If I'm the manager, I want to win all the time, every time, and I'm not satisfied just showing up.

Haven't seen this posted, but this is fairly epic scale trolling by Cub fan:

Cubs fan trolls St. Louis bars from office in Phoenix

AMI BarLink is a mobile app that allows users to purchase and play songs at bar jukeboxes straight from their phones.

And one Phoenix-based Cubs fan took advantage of this technology to pull off some next-level trolling from 1,500 miles away.

Using the app, Cubs fan @ClueHeywood played "Go Cubs Go" at every bar jukebox in the St. Louis area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom