• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
$(KGrHqNHJE!FH,q28N(IBR9BSkf4v!~~60_35.JPG

Get a nice hot pizza from Pizza Pizza and join the 11-11 Club. Tell 'em Joey Bats sent you.

BFIB

So Mo on local radio today said that trading and eventually signing Heyward "Has always been priority." He even stated that had Oscar not died tragically, Heyward was still their number one target last offseason. Said they are going to be aggressive with him on the market, but understands that he wants to gauge what his value is at. He was aked if they ever sat down with Heyward on a contract, and Mo said they told him the door was always open, but he was honest in his assessment that he wanted to test FA.

He also envisions Piscotty taking a large step forward, and that he has been in their plans "all along". So that tells me that the Cards were likely planning on using Taveras as a big trade chip, my guess to land Hamels or Tulo, which the Cards had been clamoring for a long time.

So Mo on local radio today said that trading and eventually signing Heyward "Has always been priority." He even stated that had Oscar not died tragically, Heyward was still their number one target last offseason. Said they are going to be aggressive with him on the market, but understands that he wants to gauge what his value is at. He was aked if they ever sat down with Heyward on a contract, and Mo said they told him the door was always open, but he was honest in his assessment that he wanted to test FA.

He also envisions Piscotty taking a large step forward, and that he has been in their plans "all along". So that tells me that the Cards were likely planning on using Taveras as a big trade chip, my guess to land Hamels or Tulo, which the Cards had been clamoring for a long time.

Everything I've heard says the the Cardinals view/value two free agents very differently than the rest. Jason Heyward and David Price.

I don't expect them to sign Price because I suspect he'll quickly go outside their price range, but man would a Wainwright/Price/Martinez rotation with maybe the best RHP in all of baseball on the way be awesome.

I'm hopeful they'll be able to sign Heyward, but maybe the Yankees/Cubs/Dodgers dump a pile of money in front of his house.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Corran, when you making the off season thread? I'm assuming it will have an Even Year reference and/or Giants Win gif reference in the title.

According to Jon Heyman, the Twins are willing to do "whatever it takes" to bring Torii Hunter back in 2016 as long as he is willing to accept a "reduced role".

Terry Collins spoke to the media today and said he's waiting until tomorrow to decide if Syndergaard is pitching game 2. Apparently he has had a little soreness after 2 days between some starts. If Noah can't go, it would be Matz in game 2.

Can't root for fans who throw garbage on the field.

Well that's true, but I really think everyone feels pretty disgraced about that. Inexcusable, but doubtful it reflects their fan base writ large.

no you're doing it wrong. and who the hell told you you couldn't post, post away! it's dumb and trite but post to your heart's content. I'm just going to call out obnoxious fan behavior when I see it.

I don't care where you live for the record, but going by your post you're the type of fan who'd rather play the persecution complex up rather than just root for their team.
and plenty of Jays fans seem to think your team is full of punks (though ironically I disagree and ironically I'm rooting for the Royals!)
anyways I'm done responding about this, I find the whole "evil is defeated" dumb and I think it shits up the thread and I'm just voicing my opinion about it, if you don't like it you're welcome to put me on ignore.

You write an awful lot and manage to say nothing. Persecution complex? Where did you imagine that in anything I wrote? Good stuff.

Evil is vanquished. Goodnight, Satan.

ShaneB

Home from work and the gym, groceries picked up, time to cook some bacon and eggs for dinner and enjoy baseball.

GO BLUE JAYS!!!!! CRUSH THE ROYALS!
GO CHIEFS THOUGH.

Parch

What I want to see is errorless baseball from the Jays. Speed instead of power from the Royals so don't be giving them extra bases with errors.
Plus Estrada means Navarro. Without Martin in there they won't hesitate to run. Give 'em the SB if necessary but not additional bases.
Go Jays.

Just realized I can watch sportsnet with my Rogers login online. HD and no delay either. Don't have a TV in my room here and like watching in bed versus in the living room so this is pretty nice.

Edit: there is a 30 second delay actually

so apparently i cant get my ps4 to stream the jays game with mlb.tv, but it did the mets/dodgers game

i can watch the game on pc, but would like to watch on my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom