• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is that much hate though, at least on GAF, but that's due to there being more educated baseball fans in this thread.

If anyone has "hate", it's Stroman.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/08/stroman-to-pitch-game-2-with-a-lot-of-hate-and-anger

Kidding aside, only fairweather and/or bandwagon fans exhibit hate for teams that have just became competitive in the last few years.

I remember what Royals baseball looked like a decade ago and it wasn't pretty. Mike Sweeney and David DeJesus were the best bats on that team.

As far as Toronto, Alex Rios,Vernon Wells, and Roy Halladay were great, but the rest of those teams floundered. I'm surprised the Blue Jays even rehired Gibbons.

All in all, Kansas City and Toronto should be proud that their organizations are putting up competitive baseball teams now.

It is amazing that this is the first time the Mets and Cubs are meeting in the postseason.

I'm anxious more than excited. This year's Cubs are scary good.

All I can ask is for that Goat curse to kick in.

Fun Fact: The name of the billy goat is Murphy.

MC Safety

Hilarious how TBS almost completely missed the final pitch. This was the first frame when they FINALLY stopped the crowd shots and cut the camera back to Familia:

I don't watch many games on television, but I was surprised how many times they had to cut quickly to a pitch being delivered.

Having to do so for the last at bat of the game is inexcusable.

zroid

Banned
LOL Wikipedia:

FvxTKp6.png

qpwyYCm.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets vs Dodgers - Battle of who has the better city and the classic East vs West.

Mets vs Chicago - Battle of who has the better pizza.

Mets vs Jays - Battle who has the better country.

Mets vs Chicago - Battle of who has the better pizza.

Have the mayors set the pizza bet yet?

Pizza - Everyone wins. There are no losers between NY and CHI pizza.

Baseball - I want the Cubs to win. I think the Mets will win. Either way we'll get to see some great players on the big stage so it's cool.

For Royals-Jays same thing. That's going to be one hell of a feisty series. Like the closest thing to a steel cage match baseball can get.

Meier

Not disappointed yet but if Mattingly isn't fired, I will be. That was my saving grace for this entire season -- it was obvious we had nothing that resembled a team that could win in the playoffs and so I saw this as just a stopgap until he'd be kicked to the curb. Not sure I'll bother following the season next year if he sticks around, because frankly it'll be an exercise in futility. He's an awful manager and is a limiting factor. McGwire should go too.

Missing out on Maddon set the team back years and years.. should have done everything in the management's power to get him. If we lose Greinke, I fear for the pitching staff next season. It's full of trash as is, but you look at teams like the Mets and Blue Jays with legitimate aces throughout and you know that it just isn't good enough and it won't be because the Dodgers always trade away young arms. How good would it have been to have Heaney this year?

I don't get into that WAR stuff very much, but Dee Gordon had a 4.9 and Kendrick had a 1.1 -- everything about that deal ended up being a failure. Sometimes management types get too cute and overthink things and that deal was obviously a poor one right from the very start. The Dodgers have spent so much money and made so many moves in the past few years, but would you look at the roster and think it's actually gotten any better? I don't see anything resembling a tangible improvement outside of one or two players.

Although he struggled in his two AAA starts, I'm hoping Urias has a good offseason and we see him early and often next year. So many other teams this year went with young guns to great effect. I still can't get over the Brandon McCarthy signing.

BFIB

For Cardinals fans - Alex Reyes had his first start of the AFL last night. 3.2 IP, 5K, 2BB. Sat 95-97 on the FB with a 91 mph changeup and a really nasty breaking ball.

I imagine he gets a shutdown bullpen role mid 2016 and works his way into the rotation 2017 (unless accelerated by injury)

I imagine the Cards pursue Price, and Reyes is the centerpiece in the trade for Longoria.

Oh, wait, thats what I did in MLB The Show.

Parch

I don't think there is that much hate though, at least on GAF, but that's due to there being more educated baseball fans in this thread.
Seemed like there was more hate for the Blue Jays back in the 90's wins. It was like... how dare a Canadian franchise try and win America's past time. We were supposed to know our role and be honored to be the Yankee's canon fodder.

Sigma722

I mean the new york pizza looks somewhat tasty, but that chicago pizza, as thick as it is, looks way better. The chi/ny pizza debate is so weird.

You and your battle over deep dish. Imo's thin crust in St. Louis is where its at:

20091111ImosWhole2.jpg

Oh nice, I was going to say, personally I like St Louis style the best (no I'm not from there). I get Imo's once a week though.

In KC we have a great place called waldo pizza that does a great St louis style. I get one with jalapeno and jalapeno-bacon. I'll probably be getting one tomorrow after the Royals game. I'll try to remember to take a picture.

Not disappointed yet but if Mattingly isn't fired, I will be. That was my saving grace for this entire season -- it was obvious we had nothing that resembled a team that could win in the playoffs and so I saw this as just a stopgap until he'd be kicked to the curb. Not sure I'll bother following the season next year if he sticks around, because frankly it'll be an exercise in futility. He's an awful manager and is a limiting factor. McGwire should go too.

Missing out on Maddon set the team back years and years.. should have done everything in the management's power to get him. If we lose Greinke, I fear for the pitching staff next season. It's full of trash as is, but you look at teams like the Mets and Blue Jays with legitimate aces throughout and you know that it just isn't good enough and it won't be because the Dodgers always trade away young arms. How good would it have been to have Heaney this year?

I don't get into that WAR stuff very much, but Dee Gordon had a 4.9 and Kendrick had a 1.1 -- everything about that deal ended up being a failure. Sometimes management types get too cute and overthink things and that deal was obviously a poor one right from the very start. The Dodgers have spent so much money and made so many moves in the past few years, but would you look at the roster and think it's actually gotten any better? I don't see anything resembling a tangible improvement outside of one or two players.

Although he struggled in his two AAA starts, I'm hoping Urias has a good offseason and we see him early and often next year. So many other teams this year went with young guns to great effect. I still can't get over the Brandon McCarthy signing.
I really think Puig would have thrived under Maddon.

Beckx

I'm pretty shocked there are people outside of Stl in this thread that like our pizza. I very rarely meet someone who likes it that wasn't born/grew up there

I don't mind NY style and I love chicago style pizza, but my true love is a super thin crispy pizza crust with a pile of toppings.

Speaking of overrated chain pizza...

I kid. My college had a CPK for one year. It wasn't too terrible, but it was expensive.

CPK has heretical notions of what is appropriate with crust and sauce (or the lack thereof, ugh) and should never be mentioned in polite conversation about pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom