• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree with me!

Would rather spend a few bucks on Little Ceasers if I had to choose between the two.

I agree with you. This Giants-Mets alliance will remain strong.

qDvEtaz.jpg

Ugh, Little Caesar's... Do not want.

CPK has heretical notions of what is appropriate with crust and sauce (or the lack thereof, ugh) and should never be mentioned in polite conversation about pizza.

The one I went to had a pie that was kale, chicken, and onion with cheese, very little sauce, and all on flatbread.

Never was I more disappointed after having one slice of that pie.

jman2050

Pizza is hard to screw up and chances are there's at least one local joint that does it well where you live.

That said NY style is the best and always will be.

specdot

I kinda want to think about how Syndergaard would handle a closer/late innings role after his outing last night
He'd just throw fastballs. Let's not crown him as the next John Smoltz please. I like him in the rotation. Plus Familia has some nasty stuff.
Next year will be interesting though. Will we keep Bartolo in the roster in case Wheeler gets hurt again?
Are we gonna sign Cespedes? Will Murphy stay here?? (He better).
Oh, and yeah NY has the best pizza around hands down. From Brooklyn to Long Island and all the way up to the Bronx. It's no contest.

zychi

Banned
ANY place that makes thin and crispy crust like that is in my good graces.

Aurelio's doesn't do it very well. It's a little too thick and the sauce is weirdly salty and sweet IMO. Few of the regional chains do. Nick and Vito's is the only place with multiple locations in the suburbs that I think gets that thin tavern style right. Otherwise, unsurprisingly, you need to go to your local bar to get it.
Auerilos is def an acquired taste. The saltiness usually turns people away.

Nick and vitos is okay, like you said most bars have their own style of thin crust thats pretty good. I was just trying to compare the stl style to a chicago brand thats easy to find on google

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Spot is in Flushing, called Lucia's.

I take a bus and a train exclusively just to have a slice there. It's that good.

But I'm the guy that like a sweeter sauce so YMMV.

Huh, it's in Downtown Flushing, one stop from Citi Field. I've walked past that place all the time too!

I'm gonna have to check it out.

JDeluis

So Doyers GAF, whats the word on the local radio regarding Mattingly?

I think he's gone.

I think everybody knows that he is gone. It's just a matter of time before it's officially announced.

It's going to hurt when he gets the job in Miami and goes further than he did with the Dodgers

Line_HTX

I forgot that a place called Blaze Pizza opened up near my house.

Guess I'll get some of that make my own pizza and have it fired up tonight.

This pizza is good stuff, I gotta say.

Go Mets! Stop Back to the Future from becoming real!!

J2 Cool

You and your battle over deep dish. Imo's thin crust in St. Louis is where its at:

20091111ImosWhole2.jpg

F02UfrY.jpg

Reminds me of Chicago thin crust I grew up on. I didn't start eating deep dish until early 20s, and it's always been an alternative, which is the case for most people who I grew up with.

zroid

Banned
Cecil believes he will be good to go in time for the WS if we make it that far. Would be the third miraculously fast recovery from injury for Toronto this season.

bebop242

Where is Jays/Royals GAF? I'm surprised its *EDIT* mostly been pizza talk this last page with their series starting in a few hours.

BFIB

Where is Jays/Royals GAF? I'm surprised its *EDIT* mostly been pizza talk this last page with their series starting in a few hours.

While we talk pizza, Jays GAF is stuffing their face with maple syrup, and Royals GAF is stuffing their face with BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom