• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

A shame it ended this way but again, I am not shocked at all. Just glad it ended here instead of being dragged on.

Ragnaros

Banned
Hoped it wouldn't end like this but honestly didn't see tonight's outcome happening any other way. Dallas has worked us this year and our games against Houston have been among our worst.

Congrats Astros fans. Good things to come for you all.

Malo

Banned
Maybe, but the next guy is screwed for years.

Might as well give him a chance to actually build a team with prospects he can keep. Now that he doesn't have infinite funds, maybe he'll actually prove that he is a competent GM. Honestly, no one thought the Yankees could even get this far.
I'm not seeing the doom and gloom. Yankees actually have a decent farm now as evidenced by Severino and Bird coming up and playing well. All the bad contracts other than Ellsbury comes off the books after '16 and '17 (Beltran, Tex, CC, A-Rod). They'll have plenty of money to spend.

I'm not seeing the doom and gloom. Yankees actually have a decent farm now as evidenced by Severino and Bird coming up and playing well. All the bad contracts other than Ellsbury comes off the books after '16 and '17 (Beltran, Tex, CC, A-Rod). They'll have plenty of money to spend.

Bird is going to be a superstar. Looking forward to a post-Arod Yankees.

honestly this team over achieved this year. I mean they got my hopes up for a good long while and actually had me believing for sure but reality set in after the trade deadline.
I'm not completely heart broken. the future is looking a bit brighter. hopefully next year Eovaldi and Severino grow into their roles more, Bird and Refsnyder get more playing time and we can start getting rid of the terrible contracts (not bloody likely)

overall a pretty shitty year but don't hang your head in shame Council! A-Rod the god gave us some fun moments at least.
now to root for Pittsburgh and KC!

Toth

Plus, they didn't go for broke like the Blue Jays and decimate that farm system for once. I am hopeful Bird and Severino are the start of good things to come.

Line_HTX

FaST3Q4.gif

Pardon me, I need to steal this one time.

sangreal

I'd love for the Astros to knock Kansas down a peg, but I hope the Jays take it all. I really think what is going on up in Canada is good for the sport

Well... I'd have rather faced the Yankees than these great Stros, but I feel confident we'll figure it out.

In other news... Yes me from a few years ago, I DID just type that sentence.

Plus, they didn't go for broke like the Blue Jays and decimate that farm system for once. I am hopeful Bird and Severino are the start of good things to come.

This is also true. I'll hate the Yankees alot less once the bloated contracts are gone and their young talent takes center stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom