• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's nip something in the bud real quick... Referring to let's say, the Braves as their state name "Georgia" rather than "Atlanta" would be pretty dumb. But you know what it would be even dumber to call them? South Carolina (a neighboring state)!

But when you call the Kansas City Royals "Kansas", that's exactly what you're doing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's no Giants Win gif.

Which one, you have like, 2 or 3. :p

Okay, let's nip something in the bud real quick... Referring to let's say, the Braves as their state name "Georgia" rather than "Atlanta" would be pretty dumb. But you know what it would be even dumber to call them? South Carolina (a neighboring state)!

But when you call the Kansas City Royals "Kansas", that's exactly what you're doing.

He's drunk.

BigAT

What if they played in Georgia, but went by the South Carolina City Braves? Because that's what the Royals do.

I'd love for the Astros to knock Kansas down a peg, but I hope the Jays take it all. I really think what is going on up in Canada is good for the sport

actually I agree. anything that knocks down Football a notch is fine in my book.

pvcjlDA.gif

I like the way you think. You'll do well in the Council.

5 in and going home to single malt whiaky

that's it? weak sauce.

actually I agree. anything that knocks down Football a notch is fine in my book.

I like the way you think. You'll do well in the Council.

that's it? weak sauce.

dont' worry brotuha, my bro works for Gallot Winery and I got all kinds of fun stuf for topnighht. My boss might be interested by my morning mental state, though.

JDHarbs

To be fair, they're basically a cross-state team making "Kansas" technically right, but Missouri should be included as well. It's always easier to just say Kansas City.

The Rockies have announced Walt Weiss is returning as manager in 2016.
Well deserved. But it seems almost impossible to solve their pitching issues. Butler is broken and Johnathan Gray cannot get hitters out

I'd love for the Astros to knock Kansas down a peg, but I hope the Jays take it all. I really think what is going on up in Canada is good for the sport
Bringing the Expos would be great for the sport.

Malo

Banned
Funny thing is most of the moves cash made in the off-season we're good (the Didi trade, Eovaldi trade, letting Robertson go and signing Miller). Only questionable move was Headley. He needs to have another off-season like that and we'll be back in business by 2017 (giants already won '16 so it doesn't matter).

tbh I like our chances against the Royals. Astros won 4 out of 6 against them in the regular season. They will most likely have to face Keuchel twice if they want to beat us.

He's fine, why are you always spewing nonsense?

Strasburg is done.

Verlander is done.

Etc.

Do you understand statistical trends?

I never said Stras was done I said he'd peaked. Big difference. Verlander is done, a ridiculous stupid good 1 1/2 month end to the season doesn't magically remove those years and years and years of abuse on his arm.

A power pitcher throwing a ridiculously hard to throw curve on top of his motion being hell on his arm (inverted W FTW) being used almost every single day is not going to keep his arm healthy. That's how guys get hurt.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do you understand statistical trends?

I never said Stras was done I said he'd peaked. Big difference. Verlander is done, a ridiculous stupid good 1 1/2 month end to the season doesn't magically remove those years and years and years of abuse on his arm.

A power pitcher throwing a ridiculously hard to throw curve on top of his motion being hell on his arm (inverted W FTW) being used almost every single day is not going to keep his arm healthy. That's how guys get hurt.

Pfft, you're not a pitcher who made it to the big leagues, what do you know? ;)

the Expos had horrible attendance their last few years. why this hard-on to bring them back?

Why bother showing to the games if MLB is just going to cancel your best season and your owner (Jeffrey Loria, lol) is just going to shake down the city for a stadium and then trade away all the good players for nothing? It comes off as "we're moving as soon as we can".

Yeah my constant shoulder aches and damaged elbow totally didn't happen from overthrowing. Nope. :p

what year were you drafted?

Why bother showing to the games if MLB is just going to cancel your best season and your owner (Jeffrey Loria, lol) is just going to shake down the city for a stadium and then trade away all the good players for nothing? It comes off as "we're moving as soon as we can".

I remember all that but were is the evidence that the demand is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom