• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a difference between GRD and fan interference in terms of the umps having more discretion? If that's the case the Ivy should be changed to be treated more like fan interference.

Yes, there is. Ground rules are defined by the stadium. Fan interference isn't a ground rule, so the umpires can place everyone where they want.

Malo

Banned
I get that it's the playoffs but I hate seeing complaints about ballpark stuff like the ivy. I love that about baseball. Weird dimensions, short porches, ivy, its part of whats so great.
I have no problem with the ivy. My problem is with the ground rule double.

minx

Lol at people wanting to tear the Ivy down. Never going to happen get over it. Bryant has been terrible during the playoffs.

J2 Cool

Just noticed the Mets have 10 hits to cubs 4. Cubs really just holding them.

Bryant has been terrible during the playoffs.

He hasn't been lights out hitter, but he's had some stretches where he battled. Fielding though another story. I miss Addison Russell in our infield.

iu

Choomp

Banned
The ivy doesn't need to be torn down, at least make it so things like that don't happen again, I just thought it was an umpires judgement of a sort there.

Cubs doesn't deserve to win this. If they tie this game in the next 3 innings I'll be surprised. Not because they would've scored 3 times but because they would've managed NOT to get scored on for two innings. Their defense is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom