• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

Here we go again. Jays needed to win 3 straight to beat Texas, so they can do it again.

Yesterday was embarrassing. There's valid criticism for the Jay's playoff roster choices. Tepera is basically a minor leaguer that they didn't want to use, so why is he on the playoff roster? If Hawkins isn't healthy, why is he on the playoff roster?
I know they lost confidence in Hutchison, but man, they needed him yesterday. Even if Buehrle isn't a good bullpen guy, he could have helped. Is there something wrong with Bo Schultz?

Oh well, forget yesterday's mess and look forward to the next miraculous comeback by the Jays.

thefro

The heart of the Cubs lineup is scary good, and the Mets shut them down. Great (power) pitching wins rings.

(Obviously, if the Mets starters falter under the load, then it looks better for the Royals.)

Rizzo/Bryant have been cold all playoffs... if they're clicking it's a totally different series.

Also any time the ump has a big or inconsistent zone it hurts the Cubs disproportionately because they rely so much on walks and laying off of bad pitches.

Mostly from Mets fans.

I recall most of the media saying the Mets were going to beat the Cubs and slobbering all over their pitching.

Edit: Cubs lineup

CR3T_CvUwAAygJC.jpg

Cubs/Jays fans looking on like I can't believe you guys are already comparing the matchup.

That said, which team has better defensive metrics, Mets or Royals?

You are correct. I don't believe the series is over with the Blue Jays, and could see them taking it today. Not good to get ahead of myself.

The Royals are among the best defensive teams of all time in terms of defensive runs saved with 52. That's an astronomically high number, and even factors in Alex Rios and his subpar defense at right field. If we put Dyson in center and Cain in right, that number goes up. The next closest American League team was Houston with 38.

The Mets are dead center in baseball with 4 defensive runs saved all season. There's really no comparison there.

Saying DeGrom is predominantly a fastball pitcher is beyond short changing him. Yes his best pitch is his fastball but he murdered the Cubs when he knew they were looking fastball with nothing but breaking balls. Good luck to KC in hitting him. You haven't even mentioned Syndergaard or Harvey good luck hitting those guys as well. It's going to be a great series and of course I believe my Metsies can take it.

DeGrom didn't murder the Cubs. What game did you watch? 7 innings pitched, 2 earned runs, 2 home runs. That's a quality start.

I wasn't downplaying his skill. I said our team is uniquely good at combating his best skill, which is his fastball arsenal. We hit for contact. Nothing DeGrom can do this postseason could compare to MadBum giving up one run on 21 FREAKING INNINGS of last World Series. I'm not worried. If we face him twice and lose those games, we regroup and go after the next guy.

Nobody is ignoring the other Mets pitchers. I already said they are better than the Royals starters. Harvey and Syndergaard are good. They are also hittable.

:edit: Pete Rose is a mess. Is he drunk? What's with those shoes? That singing at the end?

All we heard though the regular season, the NLDS, and the NLCS is how the Mets have zero chance. Look at where they are now.

I don't recall hearing this at all. All I heard against the Mets not standing a chance was before the trade deadline. Once they caught fire and took the NL East a lot of people considered them to be a legitimate World Series threat.

Beckx

"If you're a pitcher, and you live around your spot, the umpire is eventually going to give in and call it a strike"

Oh Harold

I mean there's option B, he's going to start squeezing you because you aren't throwing strikes.

I think it's a hot gun more than Volquez legitimately touching 98.

As for Royals WS talk, I've seen enough games where the Royals bats start and stay dormant to be too confident. They need to win this series first.

Great strikeout by Marco on Gordon, but give Navarro some love on the nice sequence he called. Curve, change up, Gordon thinks he's getting pitched backwards and gears up for fastball, throws another change and has him way out in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom