• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6Li5COO.gif

This got me good.

J2 Cool

Cubs should only talk about making contact and putting baserunners on for the next 24hrs. They've lost semblance of a working offense.

chris121580

These games have just been brutal to watch. Bryant hasn't struggled at the plate like this all year long...same with RIzzo. Those 2 have to contribute in order for us to win. I don't think it would've changed any outcomes but I really miss the defense of Addison Russel.

That sucked.

What really pissed me off at the game is at how shitty some of the fans were towards Schwarber when he dropped the ball.

Fucking idiots.

Also Cubs should sign Jordan Zimmerman as a #3.

zychi

Banned
That sucked.

What really pissed me off at the game is at how shitty some of the fans were towards Schwarber when he dropped the ball.

Fucking idiots.

Also Cubs should sign Jordan Zimmerman as a #3.
Worst city of fans in sports. Warned ya bud

Dont want price, dont want zimmerman and his aging velocitt.
Problem isnt pitching, its the offense and that the mets pitching is so much better this week

ROY looks scared, riz is chasing, castro is back to hitting shitty grounders, schwarber either ks or hits a hr. No one else gets on base.

zroid

Banned
the better, more complete teams are dominating these series'. Shouldn't be too surprising.

Shrug, call it sour grapes if you want, but the ALCS has been weirdly evenly matched in a way. The results just haven't shown it, for various reasons.

Game 1 = Royals pitching shut down Blue Jays
Game 2 = Blue Jays pitching shut down the Royals
Game 3 = Blue Jays blew out the Royals
Game 4 = Royals blew out the Blue Jays

Game 2 was a classic example of "baseball happens", where an elite defensive middle infielder made a freak misplay, and then David Price inexplicably imploded after being about as dominant as any pitcher can be for 6 innings.

Game 3 was only close because the garbage time relief pitcher couldn't do his job.

I'm not complaining, I just don't think either team has outplayed the other by a significant margin.

Shrug, call it sour grapes if you want, but the ALCS has been weirdly evenly matched in a way. The results just haven't shown it, for various reasons.

Game 1 = Royals pitching shut down Blue Jays
Game 2 = Blue Jays pitching shut down the Royals
Game 3 = Blue Jays blew out the Royals
Game 4 = Royals blew out the Blue Jays

Game 2 was a classic example of "baseball happens", where an elite defensive middle infielder made a freak misplay, and then David Price inexplicably imploded after being about as dominant as any pitcher can be for 6 innings.

Game 3 was only close because the garbage time relief pitcher couldn't do his job.

I'm not complaining, I just don't think either team has outplayed the other by a significant margin.

Royals are up 3 games to 1 and have outscored the Blue Jays 33-16. Their major strengths (bullpen and hitting) are wearing Toronto out over a long series. It might not be utter domination, but I still think the Royals are the better and more complete team.

Josh5890

Royals are up 3 games to 1 and have outscored the Blue Jays 33-16. Their major strengths (bullpen and hitting) are wearing Toronto out over a long series. It might not be utter domination, but I still think the Royals are the better and more complete team.

Not to mention they are just unconscious right now. They want the championship and they are taking it no matter what.

bebop242

So Wright should have been out in the 7th inning

Cubs didn't deserve to win this game, but if you flip that call (saves 2 runs) and give them a couple of the walks they got screwed over on they would have pulled it out.

I'm still boiling about the bottom of the first. Pretty much changed the whole game right there.

Doesn't matter though, Mets are a better team in this series, they deserve it. The only thing that bothers me is Murphy killing us. I didn't want any aspect of "the curse" BS to take any form in this series.

Yeah, the 33-16 difference really shuts down any narrative about evenly matched teams. I think the Blue Jays are a lot better than they are playing right now, but this series has been very one-sided. Even the game three loss ended up being close.

Saying Price shut down the Royals is hardly a fair read of what happened. He shut them down for 6 innings, then got shelled for 5 earned runs in the seventh. The one freakish error doesn't account for the hit parade Price gave up.

Having said all that, the series isn't over. The Jays can put up a crazy amount of runs next game and force the series back to KC. I just don't see them stringing three straight wins, but you never know.

zroid

Banned
They might be, but like I said I don't think it's been as dominant as it may seem based on the run differential.

There's a lot of variance involved in run scoring in a small sample size.

Saying Price shut down the Royals is hardly a fair read of what happened. He shut them down for 6 innings, then got shelled for 5 earned runs in the seventh. The one freakish error doesn't account for the hit parade Price gave up.

it's absolutely on Price, but what if he's removed there? these are the weird things that happen in baseball. Just because he gave up a couple hits doesn't mean he's going to continue to do so but that shit just happens sometimes. It was the right managerial call to give him a long leash because it's David Price, but that's just strangeness of baseball in a nutshell. almost any other pitcher would have been replaced more quickly, despite only throwing 70 some pitches.

edit: just in case this post and my last one are coming across as whining or something, that's really not my intention, I'm a big fan of these Royals! it's really cool how they've taken an unconventional approach to roster building and been wildly successful with it. it's a great team that deserves to win everything it can.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Out of all the prospects, Puk, Hansen, Pint, etc etc. Groome is the one that will be the best. His stuff is incredible and he's not even done filling out yet. Kid is gonna be a stud.

I like Buddy Reed a lot too. Hansen's elbow probably isn't going to hold up over the winter.

it's absolutely on Price, but what if he's removed there? these are the weird things that happen in baseball. Just because he gave up a couple hits doesn't mean he's going to continue to do so but that shit just happens sometimes. It was the right managerial call to give him a long leash because it's David Price, but that's just strangeness of baseball in a nutshell. almost any other pitcher would have been replaced more quickly, despite only throwing 70 some pitches.

edit: just in case this post and my last one are coming across as whining or something, that's really not my intention, I'm a big fan of these Royals! it's really cool how they've taken an unconventional approach to roster building and been wildly successful with it. it's a great team that deserves to win everything it can.

Let's put it this way...who are you going to replace him with? He went from cruising to getting whacked in a matter of minutes. I think the team was a bit shell shocked and still scrambling to get a reliever warm. As we witnessed today, I am not sure that game would have gone down any different with an earlier call to the bullpen. The Aussie Hendriks was great today, but are there any other reliable guys right now?

The Royals also left Cueto in about three batters too long in game 3, but that comes with the ace territory. You let your superstars try and get out of jams, or risk ruining their confidence moving forward. There's also rarely a guarantee that whoever you bring in will stop runners from scoring, and then you're burning through arms. Look at today, for example. Hendriks won't be available for tomorrow. Hawkins is done for the series (and the rest of the postseason if the Jays advance). Tepera is done. Lowe looked bad.

If Estrada isn't on tomorrow, who do the Blue Jays turn to? Loup? They have to keep Osuna in reserve for late game. I'm guessing they'll warm up a second starter as it's do or die time.

The Royals starters aren't the most reliable bunch, but we have a ton of depth to go to in bad situations. Danny Duffy and Kris Medlen can come in and dominate 2-3 innings. Hochevar and Morales can get you some solid innings. Once we make it to the 7th, we've got Madson, Herrera, and Davis ready to go. It's a good problem to have so many guys ready to fire away.

giphy.gif

Sal ripping their hearts out.

Harold Reynolds' crappy Yogi Berra impersonation from this postseason:
1) [On Chris Young] "It was easier to hit Randy Johnson than this guy because you were expecting him to throw it in the high 90s."
2) "We talked about foul balls into the stands... they don't play a lot of baseball in Canada, a lot of people aren't used to catching them."
3) "The big line for me is not necessarily the hits, it's the runs."
4) "Since Tulo has come to Toronto, he has hit more foul balls for homers."
5) "That was a big out, now they only need two more."
6) "Your second baseman almost has to have a middle infielder's arm."

And some other random stupidity from Facebook and Reddit I've encountered tonight:
- "I’m not that impressed. 14 to 2 in Canada is only like...11 to 1.5 in America."
- "Cliff Pennington has officially pitched in more playoff games than Felix Hernandez."
- "So much for not chucking garbage on the field."

It would be hilarious if they pulled a Red Sox over NY 0-3 comeback. Only to lose in the WS.

iu

No omens Game 4 please. Also, no Dave Roberts to steal 2nd and No Big Papi to be afraid of.

Basically, I'm not afraid of the Cubbies. They're young and talented. Assuming Epstein and Co. Keep the core unit together, that team can win a ring.

They need to figure out the back end of the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom