• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop242

CQvCbpTUAAAznQS.jpg

Cubs starting lineup is out

Most suprising thing is Arrieta in 9th spot.

Beckx

Anyone here going to the game tonight?

I am, and I can't wait! My first postseason game ever.

Let's Go Bucs!

so so jealous

But it's work night for me, school for my kids, otherwise i'd love to travel up and be there. that park is going to be rocking.

-----------

Bucs lineup:

JDobAxE.jpg

Shocked, really. Hurdle not going with Alvarez, going Rodriguez for defense.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Google Dempster's quote about when someone hit a grand slam off him in the 4th. The place went dead. A real fanbase doesnt do that to their team.

That happened for a bit after Crawford's GS against the Pirates in last year's wildcard game. The crowd at least tried to get back into it later though.

Beckx

That happened for a bit after Crawford's GS against the Pirates in last year's wildcard game. The crowd at least tried to get back into it later though.

There are very few US crowds that don't get silenced by things like that. Traditions of cheering in the US are mostly yelling to disrupt opponent and yelling because something good happen. And the wave.

Rodriguez starting at 1st is really surprising.

I'm guessing that since Arrieta hasn't given up a HR to the Pirates (he and Cole have combined for 60+ innings running into tonight without HRs in Cubs/Pirates matchups), Hurdle decided to go with defense.

zychi

Banned
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=281001116

Could not find your quote, but according to this recap, Dempster walked the base loaded and gave up the bomb. Article even says there was loud cheering for Dempster to get out of the jam.

Having a two run lead, walking the bases loaded and giving up a granny to start a playoff series a year from getting swept (especially given the Cubs history) would quiet any crowd.

I however am not arguing the fact that if there is playoff baseball this year at Wrigley, it will indeed be filled with the corporate and rich.

Still will be electric there tho.

I was in the LF bleachers. It was dead.

I personally tried to get some chants going, no one was having it. Outside of the United Center, my fellow Chicago sports fans are some of the worst in the world. Don't even get me started on Bears fans.

bebop242

I'm guessing that since Arrieta hasn't given up a HR to the Pirates (he and Cole have combined for 60+ innings running into tonight without HRs in Cubs/Pirates matchups), Hurdle decided to go with defense.

And Maddon decided to go with offense.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...r-is-sexy-choice-but-bud-black-is-more-likely

Frankly, so would Dusty Baker fit; he has the experience and demeanor to succeed there and remains interested in the job, according to sources. Baker called Washington with interest two years ago (there's no evidence he was interviewed then), but his son is now enrolled at Berkeley, and he might have even stronger West Coast ties now than Black. Black has been rumored to prefer staying West, too; however a friend of Black's said he believed the Nats' situation would interest him.

Oh man, Dusty Baker at Washington could be spectacular. Especially for the pitching staff.

If the Mets tire of Harvey's act, they can always trade him to baseball purgatory aka Denver and take Arenado. No way in hell Arenado stays with this garbage organization.

Beckx

More great stuff from Player's Tribune: Cervelli on learning to win:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/francisco-cervelli-pittsburgh-pirates/

The second pitch comes in. It’s out of the zone again. And my guy’s mechanics still seem off. Like I said, it’s nothing huge — but it’s enough that I notice.

I think about saying something. I almost say something.

But I don’t.

I should, but I don’t.

I think to myself, You know what, he probably knows best.

After all, he’s the greatest closer of all time. And I’m just the backup catcher.

I crouch back down.

Mariano Rivera stares at me, winds up, and pitches again.

The ball never gets to me.

It gets crushed. Home run.

Later that night, in the clubhouse, Mariano comes over to my locker. He looks at me, calmly, with his kind, intense eyes.

“Francisco,” he says. “Why didn’t you tell me my mechanics were off?”

I look back at him, speechless. I try to explain … but the words won’t come out. My face says it all. I’m just the backup catcher.

“That’s not how we do things around here,” Mariano says. “There is no ego on this team. If you notice something, you say.”

He pats me on the shoulder and turns to leave. After a few paces, he turns to me again.

“Francisco,” he says. “All we want is to win.”

Choomp

Banned
She does drive me nuts but Michael and his radio show are awesome. He's not afraid to actually speak the truth about the team.

My experience of Kay has been much worse, he's always been really annoying and heavily favored the Yankees. I heard him call the Jays fanbase the other day obnoxious, which coming from someone who likes the Yankees is ridiculous, and also they really haven't been at all, imo after a playoff drought of that long with a team now that's outstanding I'm fine with them being braggy.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It's giving me diarrhea hoping for a Cubs victory tonight

Cubs Cards NLDS is all I fucking want 😭😭😭😭

If it wasn't Bartman's fault, then why did the city of Chicago rage that guy out of town? Or are you saying that common Cubs fans are crazy people?

I'm saying mob mentality is absurd and they ganged up on a guy because he was an easy target. They can't form a lynch mob for Mark Prior giving up 8 runs in one inning or Moises Alou for flipping the fuck out like a child or Dusty Baker for not going to the pen until it was too late or any of the thousands of other things they could have. No instead they targeted a guy who just wanted to catch a foul ball because Alou threw a hissy fit and RUINED A MANS ENTIRE LIFE because of a fucking foul ball.

Bartman had literally nothing to do with the Cubs losing and in no way deserved a fucking lynch mob attacking him like they did. It clearly wasn't his fault. Everybody can see that now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets roster:

Travis d'Arnaud, Kevin Plawecki, Lucas Duda, Daniel Murphy, David Wright, Ruben Tejada, Wilmer Flores, Kelly Johnson, Michael Cuddyer, Michael Conforto, Yoenis Cespedes, Curtis Granderson, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Matt Harvey, Jeurys Familia, Tyler Clippard, Addison Reed, Bartolo Colon, Jonathon Niese, Erik Goeddel, Hansel Robles

Last spot is either Matz or Gilmartin.

Mets roster:

Travis d'Arnaud, Kevin Plawecki, Lucas Duda, Daniel Murphy, David Wright, Ruben Tejada, Wilmer Flores, Kelly Johnson, Michael Cuddyer, Michael Conforto, Yoenis Cespedes, Curtis Granderson, Juan Lagares, Kirk Nieuwenhuis

Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Matt Harvey, Jeurys Familia, Tyler Clippard, Addison Reed, Bartolo Colon, Jonathon Niese, Erik Goeddel, Hansel Robles

Last spot is either Matz or Gilmartin.

Both are going on the trip to LA and it'll basically be decided on the plane. My money is on Matz.

thefro

I'm saying mob mentality is absurd and they ganged up on a guy because he was an easy target. They can't form a lynch mob for Mark Prior giving up 8 runs in one inning or Moises Alou for flipping the fuck out like a child or Dusty Baker for not going to the pen until it was too late or any of the thousands of other things they could have. No instead they targeted a guy who just wanted to catch a foul ball because Alou threw a hissy fit and RUINED A MANS ENTIRE LIFE because of a fucking foul ball.

Bartman had literally nothing to do with the Cubs losing and in no way deserved a fucking lynch mob attacking him like they did. It clearly wasn't his fault. Everybody can see that now.

Fox obsessing over Bartman on TV after the Cubs lost the lead is responsible for that. They were constantly showing him and the replay of that catch. Joe Buck basically says "wow if it wasn't for this kid the Cubs may have been in the World Series".

If you actually watch the video of the game, the crowd had moved on and is back in the game until Prior gets shelled and Alex Gonzalez boots the grounder.

Fox obsessing over Bartman on TV after the Cubs lost the lead is responsible for that. They were constantly showing him and the replay of that catch. Joe Buck basically says "wow if it wasn't for this kid the Cubs may have been in the World Series".

If you actually watch the video of the game, the crowd had moved on and is back in the game until Prior gets shelled and Alex Gonzalez boots the grounder.

Further proof Joe Buck is the worst commentary in sports.

Can baseball hurry up already? I want to grab a beer and watch... I can't wait until Friday though with games all day long.

It's gonna be great

Joe Buck didn't do commentary for that game - he had the ALCS with McCarver.

Futureman

I have a class until 9 PM tonight :(

and my GF is sick so she said she doesn't want to go to a bar after to watch :(

and I don't have cable :(

Go Bucs :)

I have :)

but I am taking it slow. Come friday though, I have no class I will be going hard watching all the games from 11am onward.

I will also cry to myself about how the Phillies are so far away..

You're finally doing it the right way though. You guys (RAJ) put it off and put it off and put it off and weakened the farm and everything along the way and now you didn't recoup nearly as much for a bunch of over the hill old dudes and Hamels.

But you got it going and in 3 years or so you'll actually be good again, probably, unless the new FO fucks it up.

That said it's gonna be a ROUGH three years.

You may be the only Cards fan in the world who wants that matchup.

I think the Cubs are a better matchup for the Cards than the Pirates (specifically the bullpen), but I don't want the Cubs to ever win anything. On the other hand a Cubs defeat by the Cards would be great. High risk/high reward there

With the Pirates, I like them a lot and wouldn't feel bad at all if they beat the Cards. I think they're harder to beat, mostly because their bullpen is really good.

You're finally doing it the right way though. You guys (RAJ) put it off and put it off and put it off and weakened the farm and everything along the way and now you didn't recoup nearly as much for a bunch of over the hill old dudes and Hamels.

But you got it going and in 3 years or so you'll actually be good again, probably, unless the new FO fucks it up.

That said it's gonna be a ROUGH three years.

Yeah it will be rough but we have an exciting farm system. I really hope we see Crawford at some point next year even though I think he is still a 2017 player, he is just so good already.

But yeah getting Amaro out was a big step. Next big thing is to get the right long term manager after next year.

We still need to get rid of Howard. Maybe we can get something for him at the trade deadline if he plays well next year. Good to see Lee come off the books, 25 mil he made this year... We need to get rid of Ruiz as well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom