• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
I think the Mets to win it all no matter who makes it out of the AL. Their rotation is going to get it done and they have enough offense.

minx

Unbelievable. Cubs on the verge of getting swept. I know the Mets are good, but did anyone at all expect this?

Considering Cubs were WS favorites... I doubt it. Cubs stopped smashing HRs and the rookies started to show that they are rookies. Arrieta not being the same guy he was for months didn't help.

Beckx

yiWKqka.jpg

lol so good

Unbelievable. Cubs on the verge of getting swept. I know the Mets are good, but did anyone at all expect this?

There were signs the pitching was in trouble in the last series. Arrieta was iffy on location. Even in the WC his control wasn't great and the CG didn't help. Pirates bailed him out of that game by swinging at everything + BABIP luck on his side (and Cole's fastball being MIA sealed that as a loss).

Considering Cubs were WS favorites... I doubt it. Cubs stopped smashing HRs and the rookies started to show that they are rookies. Arrieta not being the same guy he was for months didn't help.

Favorites to whom?

I felt like this is a Playoff where any team was good enough to go all the way.

zychi

Banned
Man, you live in a weird world. Cubs were a wild card team that had to get through 2 better teams with rookies starting at 3 or 4 positions depending on the lineup.

What are you drinking that a team whos most tenured player is Castro was a WS favorite?

billeh

Man, you live in a weird world. Cubs were a wild card team that had to get through 2 better teams with rookies starting at 3 or 4 positions depending on the lineup.

What are you drinking that a team whos most tenured player is Castro was a WS favorite?
Lol, they were projected to be an ~80-ish win team. The Vegas line might have said favorites (maybe that's what he saw?), but that's indicative of nothing.

zulux21

So if the Mets sweep and the ALCS goes 7, do the Mets have to worry about too much of a layoff?

Well in that case.

if they come out and play well it will be the rest was good for them
if they come out and play bad it will be that the long rest hurt their momentum.

really the rest will be good for them so they can line up their pitching staff correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom