• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR5FlbPUcAE-Nki.jpg

Bruh

OK Mets, I'm 30 years old. I was 2 when you guys won in 1986. The rest of my teams aren't winning crap for a long time (Jets, Knicks, Islanders).

Please win the World Series

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm actually on the exact opposite side, I think the bats of either AL team will destroy the met's pitching :p (and that is taking into account how much talent the met's have with their pitching, I just feel that whichever AL team comes will just be on fire)

I heard that one before (like, four games ago).

Good pitching beats good defense.

BokehKing

Banned
Bring on the Jim Bruer videos

I'm a Yankee fan but I'm so happy for my friends that root for the mets that they could finally maybe win it, it's nice to see them happy in October for the first time in 15 years

zychi

Banned
Well done.

Samantha Ryan should ask more questions other than, "What was it like?" or "How does it feel?"
Thats how cnn, tbs and turner sports coach them. Rachel Nichols said it in an interview the other day. Make the players talk instead of yea or no answers

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Every NL team needs to find a player named Murphy in case they have to face the Cubs in the playoffs. We've found their kryptonite.

something I've been thinking about today. the Cubs, Astros, Royals, Mets all teams that are winning with mostly farm hands and not a lot free agents.

will this change how front offices hand out contracts now? will GMs go "I'm not giving this guy a 5 or 7 year deal when I can produce three MLB level players with the money I would spend on this free agent?"

prag16

Banned
David Wright like a kid in a candy store. Love it. Well deserved.

Exorcising the demons of the past decade (and more depending on how you look at it.

It still hasn't sunk in that they made it to the NLCS. I need to catch up. World series here we come!!

zulux21

I heard that one before (like, four games ago).

Good pitching beats good defense.

I believe you mean offence :p

and I don't feel like the cubs have a good offence. They have a lot of players with power, but overall low average high strike out, both KC and the Jays have much better averages and strike out a lot less.

mostly though... the days of murphy have to be numbered, and once he is gone so will the met's steam be gone.

3N16MA

Banned
something I've been thinking about today. the Cubs, Astros, Royals, Mets all teams that are winning with mostly farm hands and not a lot free agents.

will this change how front offices hand out contracts now? will GMs go "I'm not giving this guy a 5 or 7 year deal when I can produce three MLB level players with the money I would spend on this free agent?"

Those teams went through some rough years and a lot of last place finishes to get where they are.

zulux21

I think the Cubs are too homer happy and the Royals have more dimensions to their offense. it should be a good series. anyone have ratings for this post-season?

indeed. Mets have the better starters, KC has the better bullpen (both have good pitching in general). KC has the edge in offence (mets have Murphy right now lol). I am not sure how the met's defense compares but KC has a lot of good fielders due to overall good speed on their team.

Choomp

Banned
Lolol, wait WHAT? If anything 2016-2020 are more likely for this group. What are you basing your comment on??

Yeah. They should capitalize off this year but as long as this staff is locked in they'll be competitors, assuming they get a sufficient enough offense to support it.

I think the Cubs are too homer happy and the Royals have more dimensions to their offense. it should be a good series. anyone have ratings for this post-season?

For Mets cubs series

"Freed from football competition, the big market National League Championship Series scored one of the biggest baseball audiences in cable history.

mlbpostseason2015Game 3 of the Mets/Cubs NLCS drew a 5.8 rating and 9.2 million viewers on TBS Tuesday night, per Nielsen fast-nationals — up 53% in ratings and viewership from Royals/Orioles last year (3.8, 6.0M) and up 87% and 91%, respectively, from Cardinals/Dodgers in 2013 (3.1, 4.8M), both of which aired on a Monday night.

Compared to Game 3 of Giants/Cardinals on Fox Sports 1 last year, which aired on a Tuesday afternoon, ratings and viewership soared by 205% and 232%, respectively, from a 1.9 and 2.8 million.

Tuesday’s game, which peaked with 10.7 million viewers from 10:15-10:30 PM ET, ranks as the highest rated and most-watched MLB telecast outside of the World Series and All-Star Game in four years — since Game 5 of the 2011 Tigers/Yankees ALDS on TBS (6.2, 9.7M). It also ranks as the top League Championship Series telecast since Giants/Phillies Game 6 on FOX in 2010 (6.7, 11.6M).

Overall, the game scored the seventh-largest MLB audience in cable TV history, with TBS having aired eleven of the top twelve.

For the night, Mets/Cubs tied NBC’s The Voice as the top program on television among adults 18-49 (2.7). FOX, which has largely abandoned airing baseball in primetime, finished well behind the game in ratings (5.8 to 1.8), viewership (9.2M to 2.8M) and the demo (2.7 to 1.0) with its line-up of Grandfathered, The Grinder and Scream Queens.

The NLCS has now averaged 7.9 million viewers on TBS, up 48% from Royals/Orioles last year (5.3M), up 67% from Cardinals/Dodgers in 2013 (4.7M), and highest average ever for an LCS on TBS through three games. Turner Sports did not disclose the average rating. The full MLB Postseason has averaged a 3.8 and 6.1 million, up 41% in ratings and 44% in viewership from last year, and the highest marks since TBS began airing playoff games in 2007."

zulux21

I would ask where that GM is going to get three MLB level players for money from.

you get most MLB level players with good scouting and sucking so you can draft well. I mean you have to be yankees/dodgers rich in order to buy prospects by signing big name players and then trading them with money for prospects.

The Giants have some strange even year voodoo, the won the World Series in 2010, 2012, and 2014

yeah, but all bad things have to eventually end :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom