• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
I know its a big stretch given Sale's injury history but how about trading Schwarber for him? The kid would be perfect as a DH since his defense is suspect. I would hate to lose him but getting Sale would be insane.
I dont do that. Schwarb is our Manny without the dumbness.

Manny is our Manny technically now

Josh5890

I dont do that. Schwarb is our Manny without the dumbness.

Manny is our Manny technically now

At first I thought bringing Manny into the organization was dumb but it is clear this guy loves baseball and wants to help the young players excel in the game today. I would imagine he gets a bigger coaching gig down the road. Probably never manager but at least hitting coach

zulux21

I don't think the White Sox would even consider that.

no, there is no way in hell the white sox even think about touching that horrid trade.

ccejYhU.png

that is the rest of chris sale's contract.

he is an absolute steal for the numbers he puts up.

as for his injury history, well yes he has been on the DL for random things for week here or there but nothing serious, and he has been in the top 6 for cy young 3 soon to be 4 years in a row (though he might slide just below 6th this year I don't think he will)

he is at worse a small injury risk with a great contract, there is no way the white sox trade him for someone who looks to be a good DH.

I am not even sure the white sox would trade Quinatana for him (easily one of the most underated left handers right now)

that all being said if you throw in another decent prospect and are willing to eat adam loroche and john dank's contracts we could maybe talk :p

Is Sale's arm still okay after this year? Wood wasn't too hot as a starter.

Sale's arm is perfectly fine right now.
If i recall right sale was on the DL for hurting himself while getting out of his truck (not related to his arm at all) before the season started this year lol.

zychi

Banned
At first I thought bringing Manny into the organization was dumb but it is clear this guy loves baseball and wants to help the young players excel in the game today. I would imagine he gets a bigger coaching gig down the road. Probably never manager but at least hitting coach
He and Theo are buddies. Same for Maddon with both of them. Manny will be with the Cubs as long as Theo wants him

zulux21

pee-cup.png

peds in sports are fine to me. just giving you shit

still say they should experiment with baseball X'treme.

all players in the league have to use PED, tinkered with bats, allowed to put stuff on the ball/ file the ball, ect. basically make it a slug fest and see how it does lol.

Had this conversation the other day... And for real: 1-5, I can't think of any better. Am I just being a blind homer here?

the potential is there. But I would wait for next year to see how they all come out.

I wouldn't expect a drop off from the 4 already there but who knows how Wheeler will come back. But they would be up there.

the 96-98 Barves would like to have a word as would the 2011 Phillies.

But I wouldn't say you are being super homerish since it very well could be.

cashman

Banned
Had this conversation the other day... And for real: 1-5, I can't think of any better. Am I just being a blind homer here?

I can't think of another rotation that had 5 potential TORP's. Maybe the early 90s braves came close when they still had good Steve Avery.

Is this real life?

Am I dead? I'v been drinking for 8 hours I think I might be dead.

The Mets. The FUCKING METS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES.

Sorry I didn't post I was too busy crying/drinking/being happy beyond words.

3N16MA

Banned
So once Wheeler gets back, will the Mets have the greatest rotation of all time or what

Only have to go back a few years to get the 2011 Phillies. Halladay and Lee both produced better seasons than deGrom did this season.

Matz needs to prove himself over a full season and Wheeler has to do the same after missing a year.

They do have the most potential of any rotation in the league.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Just you guys wait until 2020 when the Braves are using a rotation of Max Fried, Touki Toussaint, Lucas Sims, Kolby Allard, and Jason Groome. Then you'll see something special.

Won't make it to the majors; reliever; traded; #3 starter; drafted by the Reds

Mets/Royals World Series would be batshit insane. The Mets have incredible pitching, but the Royals are exactly the type of contact lineup that disrupts good pitching.

Beckx

Edit: Oh, cool. This will be the first world series ever between expansion teams.

Still think this was the weirdest series. Long layoff sucks though.

In other news, my favorite high school player from this year's spring/summer Japanese nationals (Shota Hiranuma) was drafted by my favorite NPB team so yay! Unfortunately because of the kooky first round lottery system the best team in the league got the best fastball pitcher on the board (Junpei Takahashi).

Leave it to the eternal losers the Cubs to botch Back to the Future Day by getting eliminated on Oct 21, 2015. What a joke.

It's like there's a conspiracy to create lore of failure.

Leave it to the eternal losers the Cubs to botch Back to the Future Day by getting eliminated on Oct 21, 2015. What a joke.

God really does have a sense of humor.

You cant write this shit.

Reminder that Bartolo is going to pitch in the WS while Felix Hernandez never made it to the postseason.

King Felix should consider going to a team that isn't the Mariners. I hear the Bankees are looking for a pitcher.

Once they blew their load on him and Cano, what did they really have?

God really does have a sense of humor.

You cant write this shit.

King Felix should consider going to a team that isn't the Mariners. I hear the Bankees are looking for a pitcher.

Once they blew their load on him and Cano, what did they really have?

A young pitching staff but that's about it, their offense is a tire fire sans Nelson Cruz

At this point, Hernandez should look else where for the betterment of his career but I doubt many teams want to take on that mammoth contract he has.

Edit: Money is guaranteed and has a NTC too so its even harder

A young pitching staff but that's about it, their offense is a tire fire sans Nelson Cruz

At this point, Hernandez should look else where for the betterment of his career but I doubt many teams want to take on that mammoth contract he has.

Edit: Money is guaranteed and has a NTC too so its even harder

Does Felix really care about winning a ring? That doesn't sound like a player that's willing to be flexible.

He would have to opt out and sign a much less contract to be able to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom