• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Safety

Thats how cnn, tbs and turner sports coach them. Rachel Nichols said it in an interview the other day. Make the players talk instead of yea or no answers

Yeah, I understand the mentality. It's just a bad way to get people talking. And, of course, you can ask other questions as well.

Those teams went through some rough years and a lot of last place finishes to get where they are.

but through the international draft surely you can make up for not having a good draft position?

I would ask where that GM is going to get three MLB level players for money from.

you get most MLB level players with good scouting and sucking so you can draft well. I mean you have to be yankees/dodgers rich in order to buy prospects by signing big name players and then trading them with money for prospects.

yeah, but all bad things have to eventually end :p

I should clarify and say instead of spending on a big ticket free agent that they would instead spend on farm development and produce more players that might be MLB ready.

Malo

Banned
From beyond the grave in another universe.

[quote author="The Frankman" url="/thread/167559/page/3/#p457855"]MOTHERF*CKING WORLD SERIES BABY!!!

https%25253A%25252F%25252F38.media.tumblr.com%25252Fb670a62c617e934bb883651a423302f9%25252Ftumblr_ntk7srcTfT1u1ljrzo2_500.gif
[/quote]

3N16MA

Banned
Mets are the offspring of the Giants. If they win they will screw up the streak which will forever prevent the Giants from winning again.

Hard J

Banned
I'm a Brewers fan and honestly... If it were my team in the NL championship, I'd want the Cubs to win it. It's just so depressing at this point. I want it to happen just so I can say I saw it happen.

zulux21

I should clarify and say instead of spending on a big ticket free agent that they would instead spend on farm development and produce more players that might be MLB ready.

to be fair there is only so much you can spend with that and have meaningful results.
It won't stop the big teams from spending money as it's easier to just spend a bunch on a mostly sure thing that you can use right now as compared to spending a bunch on players that may or may not be usable in a couple years.

At least the Mets will finally get Wright a shot at a ring, so he can retire fulfilled.

For a while, I thought he'd be like Gehrig and be the face of Spinal Stenosis.

minx

Apparently the Cubs' .164 was the worst ever team BA in an NLCS

Cubs didn't come to play this series. Congrats Mets. You clearly were the better team this series and deserve the rest before the World Series in which I hope you win.

Josh5890

After everything settles down, I'm excited about the Cubs next year. Lot's of question marks

Is Fowler gone? Probably.
If Fowler is gone who is hitting leadoff? Probably a free agent.
Where does Schwarber go? I hope catcher but we will see.
Do the Cubs have 3 "catchers" next year? Probably unless Ross retires.
Who do they sign for a 3rd starter? I doubt it will be {Price, Zimmerman, or Cueto.
What do they do with Russel, Baez, and Castro? One of them is traded and it isn't Russel. Probably Baez.

Gotta figure there will be atl east one, maybe two new players in the rotation. Outside of one or tow position players, next year should include the usual suspects. Bullpen should stay solid though. The off-season should be interesting. I imagine there will be a few trades. Hopefully Fowler will take a Chicago discount to stay but I'm sure someone will overpay.

zulux21

Isn't that exactly what he means? The Mets rest period is longer, could be a lot longer if the Jays get another win.

the met's rest period is going to be the same either way.

it's going to be longer either way.

the jays winning today already set them on that.

at this point if the jays push it to 7 or not doesn't matter much as there won't be much difference in one more day of rest. jays/kc play again in two days mets get to rest until next tuesday. Murphy gets to go cool down.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
uh,,,
the first game of the world series is already set, it doesn't change depending on how many games each side plays.

they are waiting until next Tuesday either way.

That's not what I meant. If the ALCS goes the full 7, the AL team will only get 2 days off while the Mets get the full 5. In recent history, the team that has a lot more time waiting tends to do worse in the WS...particularly in cases where one team sweeps and the other went the full series.

Granted you can argue SSS, but it's been an observation many have made.

zulux21

That's not what I meant. If the ALCS goes the full 7, the AL team will only get 2 days off while the Mets get the full 5. In recent history, the team that has a lot more time waiting tends to do worse in the WS...particularly in cases where one team sweeps and the other went the full series.

Granted you can argue SSS, but it's been an observation many have made.

it won't matter much, the met's are going to get destroyed in the WS. They might win one but i expect them to get swept lol.

source: my gut, but you can come back here and quote me when they are indeed swept :p

zychi

Banned
After everything settles down, I'm excited about the Cubs next year. Lot's of question marks

Is Fowler gone? Probably.
If Fowler is gone who is hitting leadoff? Probably a free agent.
Where does Schwarber go? I hope catcher but we will see. Stays in LF. KB or Baez goes to CF, other goes to 3rd.
Do the Cubs have 3 "catchers" next year? Probably unless Ross retires. No. Ross may stay, but its Miggy's job.
Who do they sign for a 3rd starter? I doubt it will be {Price, Zimmerman, or Cueto. TWood to 4th spot. Word around the league is that Theo/Jed don't want to pay Price, or Grienke and Zimm's velocity went down this year
What do they do with Russel, Baez, and Castro? One of them is traded and it isn't Russel. Probably Baez. SS, 3b/CF 2b. All 3 stay. Castro earned his spot on the team after he was benched. You dont trade away a guy who can hit like Castro.

Gotta figure there will be atl east one, maybe two new players in the rotation. Outside of one or tow position players, next year should include the usual suspects. Bullpen should stay solid though. The off-season should be interesting. I imagine there will be a few trades. Hopefully Fowler will take a Chicago discount to stay but I'm sure someone will overpay.
I just did it in your quote. Also, still have Herreria, and some other young guys who need some playing time. The future is bright.

Josh5890

I just did it in your quote. Also, still have Herreria, and some other young guys who need some playing time. The future is bright.

See I don't think Travis Wood is the answer. It was clear in the playoffs we needed stronger pitchers after Lester and Arrieta. Hammel is signed next year already. I could see Travis and Kyle fighting for the 5th spot at Mesa but they need another starter. I just hope they don't pay Lester bucks again. Arrieta is going to need to get paid sooner than later.

zychi

Banned
See I don't think Travis Wood is the answer. It was clear in the playoffs we needed stronger pitchers after Lester and Arrieta. Hammel is signed next year already. I could see Travis and Kyle fighting for the 5th spot at Mesa but they need another starter. I just hope they don't pay Lester bucks again. Arrieta is going to need to get paid sooner than later.
i was at the game when wada got hurt and he came in. Hes a solid 4th starter. I like him in the bullpen in the playoffs, but i dont want to sign these declining pitchers to a big contract.

Rumor is that Sale may be on the market. Id like to see what Theo could swing there

billeh

Greinke, Price, Heyward .. Props to making it this far keeping the prospects intact too.

Now ...
_1371483187.gif

i was at the game when wada got hurt and he came in. Hes a solid 4th starter. I like him in the bullpen in the playoffs, but i dont want to sign these declining pitchers to a big contract.

Rumor is that Sale may be on the market. Id like to see what Theo could swing there

Is Sale's arm still okay after this year? Wood wasn't too hot as a starter.

Josh5890

I know its a big stretch given Sale's injury history but how about trading Schwarber for him? The kid would be perfect as a DH since his defense is suspect. I would hate to lose him but getting Sale would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom