• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Aw man, both channels I get that usually show Jays games are playing the Habs and Sabres. Who gives a fuck about game 8 of an NHL season when you've got the only Canadian team in an entire league fighting for a place in a championship series?

Josh5890

He's not just fucking over Montreal from ever owning another team again, he royally fucked over Florida taxpayers for subsidizing the costs to build that tacky ass stadium over in Miami.

Went by there over the summer and there's no nearby business development AND the area surrounding the park is residential! Imagine having to live in an area where ballgames are being played 3/4s of the year and drunk people are stumbling through the neighborhood.

Overall, Loria is a scumbag and I'm frankly surprised he's still breathing. He is universally loathed.

It's called Wrigleyville. Property values are really good and I would kill to live there one day.

anyone got a secret recording proving Loria is racist?

Or a racist e-mail. That got the Atlanta Hawks owner to sell his team.

Soler for Teheran seems like something that could happen.

Atlanta is supposedly really high on him. Cubs also really like Lonnie Chisenhall.

That sounds interesting. That would leave potentially two outfield holes depending on Fowler but Teheran is signed through 2019 with a 2020 option.

As for Loria, we Chicagoans know your pain. We once had a man who owned the Blackhawks named Bill "Dollar" Wirtz. The man kept home games off TV, traded away so many good players so he didn't have to pay them but kept the ticket prices high, and drove fans away. Attendance reached record lows and the one proud franchise was ranked dead last by ESPN in the annual franchise rankings.

I hate to say it but it was a blessing for the franchise when he passed away. There were boos for Old man Wirtz for the moment of silence before the first Hawks game. The man's body wasn't cold before Rocky started making changes like firing Bob Pulford and bringing back home TV games. The franchise is now again one of the strongest and proudest franchises in sports. Marlins fans, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long time away but it will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom