• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.

Maybe he didn't want to deal with upper mgmt?

Supposedly, it had a lot to do with that. He's already been through 2 ownership regimes and 2 GMs. He remembers almost being fired mid-season twice (he was literally days away from getting fired in 2013 until Puig's arrival saved him). Friedman is also an analytics guy where Mattingly is not. They never had any conflicts, but never were on the same page either.

Cubs-Mets alliance was in full force this postseason. We took out the two best teams for them and then let them sweep us lol. Can you guys return the favor and not sign Yo and also lend us Bartolo for a season.

Cubs-Mets alliance was in full force this postseason. We took out the two best teams for them and then let them sweep us lol. Can you guys return the favor and not sign Yo and also lend us Bartolo for a season.

Word is the Cubs are interested in Heyward

Though I suspect that leaked in order to drive the price up for the Cardinals during their exclusive negotiating window

(He's a good fit for the Cubs' needs though, even if I think they won't sign him)

zroid

Banned
Baseball is dead doe

Canadian viewers don't count for the US networks but the Jays/Rangers Game 5 drew an average of 4.85 million viewers in Canada with a peak of 8.1 million at one point. Pretty nuts.

Largest audience for anything in the network's history apparently -- including hockey.

zychi

Banned
Word is the Cubs are interested in Heyward

Though I suspect that leaked in order to drive the price up for the Cardinals during their exclusive negotiating window

(He's a good fit for the Cubs' needs though, even if I think they won't sign him)
I dont want hayward as a cub for his price, but he def hits well at wrigley. How is he in the cold?

Man the series ended way too quickly.

I am without baseball...

So... Who's eating a slice of pizza and playing them video games tonight?

Choomp

Banned
So guys, remember when we all wanted Murphy off the Mets because he was so terrible? Good times.

To be fair he was actually not that good. After all these years with the guy I'd never thought he'd be the one to break out when the Mets finally got somewhere in the playoffs.

Beckx

Kazuto Yamazaki describes today's NPB draft for Baseball America. He explains the first round lottery system but doesn't mention that two managers both thought they had won the rights to one player. The Swallows new manager looked at the card he drew and thought it had the winning stamp on it - much to the surprise of the Tigers' manager, who had the actual winning card. Awk-ward.

Parch

Canadian viewers don't count for the US networks but the Jays/Rangers Game 5 drew an average of 4.85 million viewers in Canada with a peak of 8.1 million at one point. Pretty nuts.

Largest audience for anything in the network's history apparently -- including hockey.
Damn. I knew it was huge, but that's nuts. That would explain why Sportsnet fills the day with Blue Jay replays and whatever else they can get their hands on. Blue Jay mania took off at the trade deadline and never slowed down.

Really hoping MLB institutes the "Schwarber rule" aka the NL DH in the next few seasons.

Or is it too much to ask that he can play 90 or so games behind the plate and the rest in LF?

If we end up trading him it should be to the Indians.

zroid

Banned
Well, they have been facing rather weak pitchers...

eh, you can't really explain it that way. KC and TOR have about the same OBP in the series -- .335 and .330 respectively. so it's unsustainable for sure.

that said, I think a large reason why it's so high is because of the 7th inning in game 2 and that inning when the Astros collapsed in game 4. the Royals pretty much inflated their RISP BA to a ridiculous level in those innings alone.

Beckx

Help me find a stat that's driving me crazy: what was David Cone's velocity during his prime, both fastball and slider?

cashman

Banned
Only have to go back a few years to get the 2011 Phillies. Halladay and Lee both produced better seasons than deGrom did this season.

Matz needs to prove himself over a full season and Wheeler has to do the same after missing a year.

They do have the most potential of any rotation in the league.

I wasn't talking about what they've done this season, just purely in terms of potential for next year. The 2011 Phillies were good in that they had 3 TORPS, but Oswalt was declining by that year. If Wheeler comes back healthy, then the Mets have 5 guys who you could consider TORPs, that insane and I don't think it has ever happened before.

3N16MA

Banned
I wasn't talking about what they've done this season, just purely in terms of potential for next year. The 2011 Phillies were good in that they had 3 TORPS, but Oswalt was declining by that year. If Wheeler comes back healthy, then the Mets have 5 guys who you could consider TORPs, that insane and I don't think it has ever happened before.

Oswalt was good but pitched limited innings. Even Vance Worley was very good over his 125 innings (just as good as Wheeler). They had three starters pitch at least 213 innings (two over 230).

Philies 2011 SP: 2.86 ERA, 2.98 FIP, 26 fWAR

I agree that the potential is there but I'm not sure if that group hits their peak next season and can top the 2011 Phillies. Matz is getting his first shot at pitching every 5 days and Wheeler has work to do. Maybe 2017.

Josh5890

Really hoping MLB institutes the "Schwarber rule" aka the NL DH in the next few seasons.

Or is it too much to ask that he can play 90 or so games behind the plate and the rest in LF?

If we end up trading him it should be to the Indians.

Call me old school but I hate that the DH takes strategy away from the managerial game.

zroid

Banned
OK, this is pretty funny :lol

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...ving-fun-is-not-when-youve-got-a-library-card

KC and TO libraries going at it

eD7eNDm.png
fBmMEg0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom