• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might need to stick to radio tomorrow. I thought I could tolerate Reynolds but it's so much worse when he's calling your own team's game.

Yeah, it's that bad.

My takeaways from the game today:

- 11 days rest in the modern era might really be too much. These guys are so fucking conditioned to play that taking them out of that situation for too long never really works.

- Jays looked a bit jumpy at the plate the first time through but I thought they looked fine after. Smoak is a fucking dead end after Tulo. I am not sure how you work around that though. Cola is not a quality defender at first. He's a bad apple in a great lineup.

Honestly, that's about it. With Jose and JD most likely back in tomorrow the lineup should be set. Hamels is going to be fucking tough though. We really needed Game 1. I think Stroman shows up though.

Who do you guys got for HOU vs KC? I haven't watched the Royals a lot this year so I don't know what to expect out of them. I think I'll go with Houston though

Pete Rose calling out Donaldson

CQ1KH4GUEAALP0Z.jpg
Yeah and I think you played one too many times while concussed there guy. Shows obvious signs of being challenged. He is a mental case.

- 11 days rest in the modern era might really be too much. These guys are so fucking conditioned to play that taking them out of that situation for too long never really works.

It's definitely too much. Small sample size, but the wild card game winner is 3-3 in the divisional series, 2-1 in the LCS, and 1-1 in the world series. With a worse record and short rest the wild card game team is beating everyone else more often than not.

Also, in the last decade 4 teams have swept their LCS (which probably gave them a layoff). All 4 then lost in the world series.

Correa!

I always love closeups on McHue. His face has a natural resting ennui. It's amazing.

Good play by zobrist. That could have been bad.

AND GATTIS

The Cubs have reached agreement with Cuban outfield prospect Eddy Julio Martinez, MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez reports on Twitter. He’ll receive the $3MM bonus that he was reportedly seeking.

The rich get richer.

He's the #1 International spec and has drawn comparisons to Andruw Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom