• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I looked away for a sec and missed it.
What happened?

Castro fouled it straight back and the ball beaned a lady in the first row right in the back of the head. I guess she was too close to the net or it broke.

RBH

7507764_G.jpg

CC_LxbgWMAAjjVB.jpg

No matter what baseball game fans attending, grabbing a hot dog usually makes the experience more enjoyable. But that wasn't the case for some Royals fans Friday.

The quality of food they say they got at the concession stands on Buck Night was unacceptable. This comes just a month after a food safety manager was fired for allegedly speaking out against health violations at Kauffman Stadium.

Fans sent KCTV5 News dozens of pictures from Friday night's game. One shows a normal stadium hot dog beside one of the dollar dogs. Fans weren't happy with the blackened franks on soggy, discolored and squashed up buns. One photo even showed mold on the bun.

Neal Ross and his son were disgusted when they unwrapped the dollar dogs.

"You just couldn't eat it," Ross said.

Ross has been to other Buck Nights, and he says this has never happened before.

"It wasn't the best presentation the Royals could have put forward in my opinion," he said.

They wanted to exchange them for better ones at the tent that sold the discounted hot dogs.

"They kind of told us, 'well they're a dollar, so you get what you get,'" Ross said.

A company called Aramark manages the Royals concessions. A spokesperson says there was nothing wrong with the hot dogs.

They said they sold more than 63,000 dollar dogs on Friday night, but the pictures KCTV5 showed fans at Sunday night's game didn't impress.

"They should be a lot better quality than that," Micah Loyd said.

Ross says the catastrophic coneys weren't worth a buck. He says he wouldn't eat one even if they were free.

"Aramark or whoever represents them can do a better job. It's just not what you'd expect going out and trying to enjoy that," he said.

Aramark also says a health inspector was there Friday night and found nothing wrong with the hot dogs or the tents they where they were served.

KCTV5 reached out to Aramark, and they sent us the following statement:

"Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we take all guest concerns seriously. During Friday night's game, where we served 63,000 hot dogs, the Kansas City Health Department was onsite to inspect our buck night hot dog operations and found no violations. We are aware of the images posted to social media and are in the process of investigating and contacting those guests to get more information. As previously stated, we strive to ensure the food served at Kauffman Stadium is great tasting, of the highest quality and safe to eat."

All of this comes weeks after Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead Stadium's food safety manager, Jon Costa, was fired.

Last fall, Costa went public to share his concerns about unhealthy conditions in the concessions at both stadiums, including dirty water in the dog steamer, cockroaches and even a cat caught in a kitchen cage.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/28845493...ut-subpar-hot-dogs-served-at-kauffman-stadium

Askani

Aramark is terrible. We went to a buck night a few years ago after they took over and it was awful. My ex wanted to go with her family and we took a huge group. It was their first buck night and they ran out of food and the lines were just idiotic. Like she missed the 3rd through the 6th inning waiting in lines. They comped us a bunch of tickets when she complained, which was nice, but she missed seeing the game with her family which she wanted. I flat out refuse to buy food inside the stadium anymore. Too long of lines and too much money. I take in Jimmie John's or Taco Bell, a small bag of candy, and a bottle of water. Fuck 'em.

Why the fuck would they put sugary ketchup on a hot dog?

I had a Fenway Frank last week. It was delicious.

So far, out of 6-7 ballparks visited, only the Yankees do ballpark food justice.

Yankee Stadium is legit with their garlic fries.

PNC Park is second with the Prmanti Bros. Sandwich.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So much for that hot Rockies start. De la Rosa getting completely lit up by Padres hitters. Even Jerko has a hit.

Sanjuro

*shrugs*

There's only so many times you can eat hot dogs and burgers before it gets old.

Sucks to be you!

Get the basics right, then have the sideshow items. I've never been to the shitty new ballpark, but getting rid of the bowling alley and all the vendors seems like a dumb move.

Hard Rock Cafe...seriously? Citi Field does more with less.

zulux21

heh I have been watching the whitesox for a mere 5 minutes...
it's been a good 5 minutes.

edit:
great 10 minutes, this could be the trigger of a nice hot streak.

and it was nice of the indians outfielders to give melky a single instead of a sac fly.

Top Bottom