• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

There's the Mets I'm used to.

I mean we didn't get blown out. We lost a two run game late. It happens. That's a normal thing. We competed, we hit their pitching, neither team hit the others BP.

I think we make some changes (Matz replaces Niese, Montero takes Gee's spot, Murphy etc etc) and we're competing for the division in September.

BigAT

I mean we didn't get blown out. We lost a two run game late. It happens. That's a normal thing. We competed, we hit their pitching, neither team hit the others BP.

I think we make some changes (Matz replaces Niese, Montero takes Gee's spot, Murphy etc etc) and we're competing for the division in September.

It's not just a two-run loss, you're ignoring how it happened. Four errors and going hitless over the last five innings isn't a good look.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Mets played sloppy baseball. I don't care if they lost if it was a beautifully played game but it wasn't. Sloppy baseball drives me nuts.

Mets are never going to win with that middle infield. Dilson Herrera and Matt Reynolds are ready. BRING THEM UP. Matz is ready as well. Montero will hopefully get his command in check and is stretched out. His stuff is really good but he's a bit wild. We'll see how long Mets management can take the Murphy/Flores combo but I can't take it too much longer myself.

Mets played sloppy baseball. I don't care if they lost if it was a beautifully played game but it wasn't. Sloppy baseball drives me nuts.

Mets are never going to win with that middle infield. Dilson Herrera and Matt Reynolds are ready. BRING THEM UP. Matz is ready as well. Montero will hopefully get his command in check and is stretched out. His stuff is really good but he's a bit wild. We'll see how long Mets management can take the Murphy/Flores combo but I can't take it too much longer myself.
Montero will start tomorrow and might stay in the rotation.

Happy Sultan of Swat day

national-babe-ruth-day.jpg

national-babe-ruth-day.jpg

What a hero. It's funny to look back and imagine Ralph Cramden here as one of the greats.

inb4 he did it on beer and hot dogs, not steroids.

No idea. Just surprised the Marlins would eat $15 million of salary over the next 2 years because of 30 crappy plate appearances.

I'm not very surprised, he wasn't performing at all this season. He wasn't all that great last season either. JT Realmuto is a much better player, both offensively and defensively. Plus we could use the extra roster spot for Justin Bour, so we can give Michael Morse time off.

Realmuto was going to be called up to be the starting catcher next year anyway.

rando14

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Rangers’ obligation to Hamilton less than $7M over three years, as was previously reported. Hamilton can opt out after two years…

‏@Ken_Rosenthal 3m3 minutes ago
…#Angels obligated to pay entire buyout if Hamilton opts out. Exact dollar figure of buyout not yet known.

...Wow.

zulux21

Orioles should cancel the game for the time being.

Shit's crazy in Baltimore. Let it settle down.

it's unlikely they will unless they absolutely have to. Most likely will just have a lot of police there as there isn't a good day for the white sox to make up this game until sept 28th (which bal doesn't have off) as that is the only time they have an off day before or after a series on the east cost (that I saw)

may 14th might work as both teams have an off day, but it would be a pain for the white sox to have a game in min, travel to bal to play a single game, and then go to oak for their next game.

I mean I suppose you could aim for a double header, but what if it's not any better tomorrow, then what a triple header on weds? there hasn't been one since 1920 from what I am seeing.

edit: reading "Baltimore Sun: Game WILL be played."

I wonder if they will let fans in, or if fans will even show up.

edit: CNN saying Orioles game "postponed".

it's unlikely they will unless they absolutely have to. Most likely will just have a lot of police there as there isn't a good day for the white sox to make up this game until sept 28th (which bal doesn't have off) as that is the only time they have an off day before or after a series on the east cost (that I saw)

may 14th might work as both teams have an off day, but it would be a pain for the white sox to have a game in min, travel to bal to play a single game, and then go to oak for their next game.

I mean I suppose you could aim for a double header, but what if it's not any better tomorrow, then what a triple header on weds? there hasn't been one since 1920 from what I am seeing.

edit: reading "Baltimore Sun: Game WILL be played."

I wonder if they will let fans in, or if fans will even show up.

edit: CNN saying Orioles game "postponed".

I'm glad they did it. Shit is getting rough, since the National Guard is called out.

zroid

Banned
When will Travis slow down?

I know he will, because it's the Blue Jays, so a 2 month long slump is inevitable. But the question is when....

Top Bottom