• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Link

The Autumn Wind
What the hell? Why did I think the Mets were off today? Figures I'd miss a 9th inning comeback.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cockroaches

oxqZgIEl.jpg

Meier

McCarthy. :| Andrew Heaney sure would be good to have right about now. Some absolutely crazy moves this offseason that are looking a little sketchy right now.

At least we're playing Joc. I say fuck it, call up Urias!

McCarthy. :| Andrew Heaney sure would be good to have right about now. Some absolutely crazy moves this offseason that are looking a little sketchy right now.

At least we're playing Joc. I say fuck it, call up Urias!

Heaney was a piece to get Hendricks.

It'll be Zach Lee. He's been filthy in AAA so far.

Meier

I hope Zach pans out. Would be a huge waste of money if he ultimately amounted to nothing. He's certainly due to play in the majors after so many years.

I hope Zach pans out. Would be a huge waste of money if he ultimately amounted to nothing. He's certainly due to play in the majors after so many years.

He's 23 years old, he's younger than me.

First round picks get bonuses, most of them amount to nothing. It's not a waste of money to have one reach the bigs.

eznark

Banned
Was going to link the story but Calcaterra bullied SBN into taking down the blog post where I saw it.

Really don't get why could possibly be likable about Josh Hamilton. Josh Hamilton 5 years ago when he was a cool story of redemption? Sure. Josh Hamilton today? Taunting a team for giving him a chance? Nah.

Orioles John Angelus on the riots.

Personally he's regurgitating the same tired shit every politician trying to win votes says about China and India.

Was going to link the story but Calcaterra bullied SBN into taking down the blog post where I saw it.

Really don't get why could possibly be likable about Josh Hamilton. Josh Hamilton 5 years ago when he was a cool story of redemption? Sure. Josh Hamilton today? Taunting a team for giving him a chance? Nah.

Why does he have to keep earning chances? Hasn't he proven he has the talent to play in the MLB and stay there?

I'm glad Texas took him back and he doesn't have to compromise with making his wife happy to play in Cali.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/04/27/josh-hamilton-rangers-angels/26489677/

Hamilton blamed the Angels for firing his accountability partner, Shayne Kelley, after the 2012 season. Yet, the Angels say, it was Hamilton and his wife, who fired Kelly.

Kelley now is back with Hamilton, along with the rest of his support team.

Hamilton's wife, Katie, is gone from his life.

He's hopefully in a better place where he'll just play baseball.

The deleted story. Come on, this is a pure character assassination piece, and it deserved to be deleted.

The very first sentence, man. WTF???

In a telling show that he is as infantile as the day he first shoved blow up his nose at the local tit bar, Josh Hamilton used the cover of an enabling Joint Drug Agreement between MLB and the Players Union to deny any culpability in his relapse. This coddled hillbilly had no shame in explaining that his relapse into drug and alcohol use (abuse?) was not his problem. As transcribed by Alden Gonzalez for MLB.com, Josh mocked Arte's naivete in believing Josh would put baseball first over booze, cocaine and the social nexus where these products are consumed away from society's basic strictures.

Josh, when you finally die of a drug related matter it won't be Arte Moreno's fault. It won't be the fault of the good fans in Anaheim who figured out your little game. They might have Donnie Moore's karma on them but they won't have yours. As much as I would like to say the blame for your future fate lies with the enabling national media and coddling players union, I think of Steve Howe's face crushed against his truck's windshield on a lonely interstate highway with crystal meth in his bloodstream and I know that all the blame will be on you, all of it, as it was with Howe. I can only hope that when you do yourself in, which you will, that, mercifully like Howe, you take nobody else with you.

Good bye Josh, today is the first day of the rest of your life and you used it to announce to the world that nothing will ever be your fault. Happy snorting.

BFIB

Waino out for the year.
McCarthy out for the year
Homer Bailey now potentitally out for the year
Reyes likely out for 6 weeks
Lucroy out for 6 weeks
Sure I'm missing some.

Goddamn, the injury bug is no joke this year.

Syrinx

Waino out for the year.
McCarthy out for the year
Homer Bailey now potentitally out for the year
Reyes likely out for 6 weeks
Lucroy out for 6 weeks
Sure I'm missing some.

Goddamn, the injury bug is no joke this year.
Reyes has a chronic case of the injury bug.

eznark

Banned
The deleted story. Come on, this is a pure character assassination piece, and it deserved to be deleted.

The very first sentence, man. WTF???

It was certainly an ass holeish story, but I disagree it deserved to be deleted. If I were the author I'd probably be glad it is deleted though.

That said, the sentiment is accurate. Hamilton is refusing to take any responsibility for his actions and is taunting the Angles for signing him. Guy is an asshole.

It was certainly an ass holeish story, but I disagree it deserved to be deleted. If I were the author I'd probably be glad it is deleted though.

That said, the sentiment is accurate. Hamilton is refusing to take any responsibility for his actions and is taunting the Angles for signing him. Guy is an asshole.

He may be, he may be a complete loser. BUT...that article is fan fiction, right down to imagining Hamilton killing himself on the highway full of coke or meth or whatever. WTF? The person who wrote that piece is a bigger asshole than Hamilton, no question asked.

Happy snorting?!? Really?!?

eznark

Banned
He may be, he may be a complete loser. BUT...that article is fan fiction, right down to imagining Hamilton killing himself on the highway full of coke or meth or whatever. WTF? The person who wrote that piece is a bigger asshole than Hamilton, no question asked.

Happy snorting?!? Really?!?

Actually I think all the things in there are accurate, including the first snort in a tittie bar thing. So while the guy is a total asshole, he at least did his research!

If he had left out the Howe part I think it would've been ok.

Dude... I may not like Jon Jones but I wish nobody dies via ODing or drug abuse.

That blogger is an asshole.

Josh Hamilton has problems that go beyond his salary. What's upsetting is that he has the ability to go to rehab if he wanted to.

Actually I think all the things in there are accurate, including the first snort in a tittie bar thing. So while the guy is a total asshole, he at least did his research!

He's the sole source of this. I'm not sure how accurate he really is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The worst part of that piece to me was the notion that Hamilton is somehow wrong by "hiding behind" the JDA.

The same JDA that Arte and the rest of the Angels said fuck you to when they decided to leak this to the media. And the league office shamefully turning their head the other way pretending like the Angels didn't do that.

It's a disgusting post. He sounds like a butthurt fan who is wishing ill on a dude struggling with addiction.

Dude... I may not like Jon Jones but I wish nobody dies via ODing or drug abuse.

That blogger is an asshole.

Josh Hamilton has problems that go beyond his salary. What's upsetting is that he has the ability to go to rehab if he wanted to.

tcDNMwg.jpg

The dude on the left is the author of this piece. On top of the post itself being absolute garbage, I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and question the credibility of anyone that age dying his hair that color. Get outta here!

The worst part of that piece to me was the notion that Hamilton is somehow wrong by "hiding behind" the JDA.

Exactly. A binding agreement is just that...binding. The Angels totally leaked all this crap and are smearing Hamilton. The dude has plenty of issues going on and needs to be held accountable for his actions, but not like this.

eznark

Banned

I think he wrote about the first time he did coke in Beyond Belief.

It's a disgusting post. He sounds like a butthurt fan who is wishing ill on a dude struggling with addiction.

Only at the end (well, most of it at least somewhat gross). And it doesn't sound like Hamilton is struggling with addiction anymore, it sounds like he has accepted he is an addict and blames everyone else for it. Not sure which step that is.

Exactly. A binding agreement is just that...binding. The Angels totally leaked all this crap and are smearing Hamilton. The dude has plenty of issues going on and needs to be held accountable for his actions, but not like this.

Yet all of baseball shit on Braun for months because he didn't talk during his appeal process. Guess Braun should've rode the dragon instead of roids.

Malo

Banned
Holy shit what a brutal article.

I agree that Josh is being an asshole for not taking any responsibility in his relapse, but the blogger took it too far.

Fox318

Holy shit what a brutal article.

I agree that Josh is being an asshole for not taking any responsibility in his relapse, but the blogger took it too far.

A tad bit but that is the path he is on.

I mean should he really be playing ball now? Wouldn't a year of rehab be the best thing for him?

I think he wrote about the first time he did coke in Beyond Belief.

Only at the end (well, most of it at least somewhat gross). And it doesn't sound like Hamilton is struggling with addiction anymore, it sounds like he has accepted he is an addict and blames everyone else for it. Not sure which step that is.

Yet all of baseball shit on Braun for months because he didn't talk during his appeal process. Guess Braun should've rode the dragon instead of roids.

It's baseball that does this. It's baseball and the owners that pulls the whole "for America" bullshit when it comes to the integrity of the sport.

Please. The owners give a shit about paying players less than they earned and being pious when shit hits the fan.

The only reason why the MLB should not approve of PEDs is because it is violation of the CSA.

Top Bottom