• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

So tired of Mattingly putting the "no run support" squad out there when going against Bumgarner. Typical micromanaging from Donny.

Kershaw is getting the full Matt Harvey in 2013 treatment right now.

Bum and Kershaw have the same exact era after tonight's game.

Kershaw has a much lower FIP and xFIP though. He's got a .383 BABIP avg, that's just insane amounts of bad luck right there. Bums is bad (.316) but Kershaw just can't catch a break from his fielders.

Kershaw has a much lower FIP and xFIP though. He's got a .383 BABIP avg, that's just insane amounts of bad luck right there. Bums is bad (.316) but Kershaw just can't catch a break from his fielders.
The 28% line drive rate (before tonight) might have something to do with that high BABIP.

That 21% HR/FB rate looks unlucky though.

The 28% line drive rate (before tonight) might have something to do with that high BABIP.

Even if you factor in the high LD% that's still an unnaturally high BABIP. It's not going to be sustained. It'll balance out and he'll go right back to being Kershaw.

I'd be terrified of Bums arm exploding if I were a Giants fan. Dude is getting worked to death, much like Timmy and Cain.

JDeluis

So tired of Mattingly putting the "no run support" squad out there when going against Bumgarner. Typical micromanaging from Donny.

But, but, but casual Dodger fans on Twitter said that Guerrero was are winning meal tonight and for the past weeks.

Maybe Guerrero should start for Jimmy Rollins since he seems to be having trouble hitting.

Kike Hernandez did pretty good job today.

Even if you factor in the high LD% that's still an unnaturally high BABIP. It's not going to be sustained. It'll balance out and he'll go right back to being Kershaw.

fEEvYY4.gif

I still can't believe how poorly MLB has handled the situation in Baltimore. The White Sox are getting screwed. They should have played a doubleheader in Washington and made the Orioles the home team in a game in Chicago.

It's gonna be weird watching the game. It'll feel like watching the old HR derby battle shows where it was only the sound of the bats and umps.

I still can't believe how poorly MLB has handled the situation in Baltimore. The White Sox are getting screwed. They should have played a doubleheader in Washington and made the Orioles the home team in a game in Chicago.

Commissioner Manfred filling Bud's shoes very well. Is this game going to be on TV anywhere?

EDIT: It's the MLB.TV free game of the day!

eznark

Banned
I'm loving the new pace of play! I only had to spent 2:11 watching the Brewers lose last night! Usually, my kids (2 and 4) get bored and melt down around the 7th inning. Last night they were angels the entire game! And I was home by 10:15! Baseball is the speediest sport around now!

Thanks, Rob!

I'm loving the new pace of play! I only had to spent 2:11 watching the Brewers lose last night! Usually, my kids (2 and 4) get bored and melt down around the 7th inning. Last night they were angels the entire game! And I was home by 10:15! Baseball is the speediest sport around now!

Thanks, Rob!

I can't wait to play the Brewers this season. I'm curious to see if the Marlins are going to do anything to Mike Friers to retaliate for last season.

DRA is consistently superior to FIP at all sample sizes. By accounting for the context in which the pitcher is throwing, DRA allows us to determine which runs are most fairly blamed on the pitcher. DRA is particularly effective with smaller samples. Even for pitchers with only a few batters faced, DRA is already separating the good pitchers from the bad with superior accuracy.
So long, FIP!

BFIB

I have the O's game being recorded at home, this is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Hopefully Mick Foley wins the title.

Oh wow the Orioles games is the free game of the day. I wonder how big the numbers will be.

I set this to record but I guess I will stream a bit of it at work.

I am assuming they may fill some seats with friends and family.

Keeping the opposing team from hearing your mound visit should be interesting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cubs are 12-7!

I think they better get Fowler locked up pretty soon, he's gonna have a big season.

4 years, 50 mill seems good for both sides.

The Cubs have been operating under a pretty strict self-imposed budget for a couple of years; why does everyone think they have all this money now?

zulux21

indeed, it's going to suck going from canada to a double header in bal before going to play the astros :/

at the very least today should have been a double header. but either way we get to see something never seen before, a new record low attendance of 0

edit: man this is weird to look at.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Watching this Baltimore game is so strange. The cheering seems to be just from the dugouts.

Nvm. Seems like people are watching from outside the stadium.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They have plenty of $$$. They will likely sign Zimmerman or Cueto this offseason.

I was more asking for some kind of evidence of this rather than just a statement that "they have money." If they have so much money why were they middle of the pack for years?

Afrikan

using the PS4 to stream the Baltimore game.... it looks and runs smooth.

also I turned off commentary. It's just the sound on the field.

you can hear the players cheer each other on, the ball hitting the mitt...other wise. silence.

Commissioner Manfred filling Bud's shoes very well. Is this game going to be on TV anywhere?

EDIT: It's the MLB.TV free game of the day!

This wouldn't have happened under Selig's watch.
Reinsdorf is one of Bud's closest friends and the series would have been played in Chicago

using the PS4 to stream the Baltimore game.... it looks and runs smooth.

also I turned off commentary. It's just the sound on the field.

you can hear the players cheer each other on, the ball hitting the mitt...other wise. silence.

How do you turn off audio commentary on the PS4?

Top Bottom