• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

who's going to collect all the foul balls?!

they seem to have the ball boys there. I would guess you send them around the park at the end of the game :p

anyways I am gonna keep watching until at least Jimenez isn't perfect anymore.... which is likely going to be a while lol.

edit: whoot cursing it works.... now to chip away :p

billeh

Watching it on MLB.tv with the park audio option (available with the home video feed), this is awesome.

Should play more games like this.

I was more asking for some kind of evidence of this rather than just a statement that "they have money." If they have so much money why were they middle of the pack for years?
There's no reason to spend lots of money if you're tanking for draft picks and flipping short term deals for prospects. The Cubs are the more popular baseball team in a large media market - they aren't poor by any means. If you're saying the Ricketts are just cheapskates, I think the jury is still out on that one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no reason to spend lots of money if you're tanking for draft picks and flipping short term deals for prospects. The Cubs are the more popular baseball team in a large media market - they aren't poor by any means. If you're saying the Ricketts are just cheapskates, I think the jury is still out on that one.

In terms of revenues, there's no reason why the Cubs shouldn't have a huge payroll, its just that it never seems to happen beyond those couple years before they got sold.

bumgarners got it in for these cubans!

1230313509430331495.gif

Worse than Ventura...hot head...asshole...suspend this douche...I hope someone puts this "boy" in his place!

Am I missing anything, Yordano Ventura haters?

He owned my Royals. I have mad respect for him. But this is exactly the kind of thing that Ventura did and was vilified over.

That double standard. If only Ventura was an awww shucks white dude who owned cows.

im not defending bum, he's a prick

but wasn't ventura involved in like 3 separate instances with 3 different teams this season already? its only april

im not defending bum, he's a prick

but wasn't ventura involved in like 3 separate instances with 3 different teams this season already? its only april

Yes, he was. I'm not defending Ventura. I'm saying that is exactly what he did to get suspended seven games. Exactly. Only in Ventura's case, he was responding to what the other dude said. Bum isn't.

Enron

Banned
He owned my Royals. I have mad respect for him. But this is exactly the kind of thing that Ventura did and was vilified over.

That double standard. If only Ventura was an awww shucks white dude who owned cows.

What the fuck? Did Bumgarner throw at guys and try to start fights on 3 seperate occassions in the span of a week? This is a RACE thing now?

What the fuck? Did Bumgarner throw at guys and try to start fights on 3 seperate occassions in the span of a week? This is a RACE thing now?

Ventura only threw at someone in response to a teammate being hit. That's...baseball. The two "fights" he started (and there was only one, but okay) were the result of doing the exact same thing Bumgarner did.

Facts, how do they work?

ag-my001

Haven't watched too much baseball this year, and I know they're trying to speed up the games, but they got that game done in just over two hours with 10 runs scored. Is that the new normal, or do fans really slow down the pace that much?

iclash

Madbum can go kick rocks.

I still can't believe we can't produce runs for Kershaw. He needs to yell at everybody.

Blame Donnieball and the strange all-righty line-ups he keeps sending out against Madbum. This accounts for two of Kershaws starts this season.

Top Bottom