• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
Haven't watched too much baseball this year, and I know they're trying to speed up the games, but they got that game done in just over two hours with 10 runs scored. Is that the new normal, or do fans really slow down the pace that much?

the runs were frontloaded and Smarja didn't have many long ABs in the rough first inning.

not the way most 10 run games are played

after that half inning the game pretty much sailed along

Mike Matheny is such a bad manager

Why would you take Matt Carpenter out of the leadoff spot when he's been one of the best leadoff hitters the past 2 years? Especially by replacing him with low-OBP players

see5harp

So it should be based on the recipient's reaction?

So his behavior doesn't matter, just how the other team responds to it? Good to know, Machiavelli!

Consequentialism makes Bumgarner a hero, and Ventura a villain.

I could have gone with the slow walk to the bag, eye contact, and then clear "fuck you" along with 2 other incidents this year but carry on with the double standard argument. Mad bum is a competitive guy (some might say fiery, which has also been used to describe Ventura), but as far as I know he's had issues with a single player on a single team.

Blame Donnieball and the strange all-righty line-ups he keeps sending out against Madbum. This accounts for two of Kershaws starts this season.

donnie is always trying to get too cute with match ups

happens with the bullpen too

Yup. The shift has killed at least one game for Kershaw as well.

I'm hoping Donny will notice that the lineup isn't producing when he messes with it like that, but he'll probably just look at it and say, "Well we can't score runs when Kershaw is pitching, so I guess I'll just not start Kershaw."

see5harp

Ventura only threw at someone in response to a teammate being hit. That's...baseball. The two "fights" he started (and there was only one, but okay) were the result of doing the exact same thing Bumgarner did.

Facts, how do they work?

There's really no reason to feel like you should defend the guy. He's a baseball player, not your family member. It's already established that he's the pitcher of the future for the franchise. He's apologized, gotten fined, and taken his suspension.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Padres sure did a good job of redirecting the entire city's attention to being being depressed as fuck about the Chargers.

Bullpen is surprisingly shit and honestly, they still aren't great shakes at offense either.

I could have gone with the slow walk to the bag, eye contact, and then clear "fuck you" along with 2 other incidents this year but carry on with the double standard argument. Mad bum is a competitive guy (some might say fiery, which has also been used to describe Ventura), but as far as I know he's had issues with a single player on a single team.

You mean when he was responding to the guy who called him a cocksucker immediately prior? Just checking because your sequence of events is imaginary.

JDHarbs

Everyone in my house just went "Oh!" at the same time. Scary stuff, Esky.

Edit: Someone should probably give Ventura a quick talk before he goes back out onto the field right after that one.

Top Bottom