• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

figured this would be good news to read
fox sports 1 mlb numbers up 26% compared to last year at this time.

info aside from fox sports 1
Locally, MLB telecasts on FOX-owned regional sports networks are again dominating primetime in many major markets this month. Game telecasts of five teams – the Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Padres - rank as the No. 1-rated programming in primetime since the start of the season in their respective home markets, beating both broadcast and ad-supported cable competition head-to-head. Three other teams – the Arizona Diamondbacks, Cincinnati Reds and Tampa Bay Rays - rank second best in prime time locally. Additional local highlights follow:

- Royals telecast ratings on FOX Sports Kansas City are up +129% year-to-year (through 4/26), while setting household (HH) ratings records three times this season, including the current record (17.3) on Sunday (4/26) in a game vs. the White Sox.

- Padres ratings on FOX Sports San Diego are up +67% year-to-year (through 4/28), and game telecasts have broken or tied a ratings record seven times this season. The current record (7.2 HH) was set Friday (4/24) night in a loss to the Dodgers.

- Diamondbacks ratings on FOX Sports Arizona are off to their best start in 10 years, averaging a 4.5 HH rating, up +36% season-to-date vs. 2014.

even have some online streaming info
through the season’s first three weeks compared to a year ago, while minutes viewed are up an even more impressive +268%. For the second straight year, all MLB regular season games and jewel events televised by FOX Sports – the All-Star Game, Division Series, League Championship Series and World Series - are streamed live on the FOX Sports GO mobile app and FOXSportsGO.com.

Toughest test of the season starts tonight against the red hot Tigers.

Wait, Danny Duffy is on the mound? Never mind...

Trade for another SP, please!

zulux21

Ventura is dropping his appeal. 7-game suspension starts tonight.

I expect the shark will drop his 5 game today, and that sale will drop his tomorrow. the ability to plan when a starting pitcher ban starts and end is way better than a small reduction in time.

Toughest test of the season starts tonight against the red hot Tigers.

Wait, Danny Duffy is on the mound? Never mind...

Trade for another SP, please!

I am hoping for a series split between tigers and kc.
also john danks is available :p

zulux21

I've heard people (Royals fans) saying he was responding to an insult. I wanna see the receipts.

Eaton did indeed say something, it's unclear what, but even if it was cocksucker it was in response to the pitcher making a nice play on a ball that would have been a sure hit had he not snagged it, from a guy hitting under .200. (think if someone makes a nice headshot in a shooter, some people would respond with you cocksucker more as a term of respect instead of a real insult)

Ventura responded poorly and instead of laughing it off like he should (really it's a complement for a player to be mad that you made a catch) he walked towards him and said fuck you.

when watching the video it seemed like eaton was mad that ventura quick pitched him, but eaton later said he was just frustrated about not hitting the ball better.

I've heard people (Royals fans) saying he was responding to an insult. I wanna see the receipts.

Even the "biased" dudes who run MLB.com said he was responding. It's very obvious if you watch the replay. I don't know what to tell you, Mr. Conspiracy.

Ventura is a hot head and responded poorly. He is serving a suspension. Case closed.

Mets have called up Dilson Herrera. No other move announced yet. Leatherisch most likely to go down.

I had enough of Wilmer Flores on the field. He is horrific out there. Dilson has to be the everyday SS from here on. Mets really need Wright and d'Arnaud back in the worst way.

edit: From Metsblog: 10 of the 17 errors by the Mets this season where committed by Murphy and Flores. LOL Strong defense up the middle!

I had to look at that Jays' box score to figure out why Norris didn't get the win.

I think he needs to go back down. Jays were lucky tonight that they weren't out of it early.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jesus the braves suck.

However maybe some good news. Cahill was slated to start on Friday. Instead, he came out of the pen tonight for 2 horrible innings. Foltynewicz is the scheduled starter for AAA Gwinnett on Friday. Do the math!
our national nightmare is over

zroid

Banned
I had to look at that Jays' box score to figure out why Norris didn't get the win.

I think he needs to go back down. Jays were lucky tonight that they weren't out of it early.

He was pretty good in his previous outing iirc. Might be better to send him down but it's not like we really have options here. Sanchez is probably a more pressing matter... he's still walking batters at an alarming rate.

see5harp

Even the "biased" dudes who run MLB.com said he was responding. It's very obvious if you watch the replay. I don't know what to tell you, Mr. Conspiracy.

Ventura is a hot head and responded poorly. He is serving a suspension. Case closed.

Mr. Conspiracy? You the one saying there's a double standard in regards to the media reaction, not me.

Commissioner Rob Manfred informed all MLB teams today that current-year draft picks are now able to be traded as soon as the World Series ends and teams do not have to have the player for a full year before trading them now.

Top Bottom