• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

aFIGurANT

OMG that STL win % is giving me a half-chub. A Cardinals-Astro WS would be epic, I have fond memories of the early '00 series with them and now we could meet them again in October although I don't think they're honestly ready right now. Would still be a lot of fun to watch so many of the young guns on both sides of that showdown imo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Standing in line at Petco and some dude gives me and my friends 50 dollar seats for free.

Does that make up for Time Warner refusing to let me see the fight last night? No, but at least it came around.

OMG that STL win % is giving me a half-chub. A Cardinals-Astro WS would be epic, I have fond memories of the early '00 series with them and now we could meet them again in October although I don't think they're honestly ready right now. Would still be a lot of fun to watch so many of the young guns on both sides of that showdown imo.
The April schedule was fairly light on tough series compared to May so it's nice to start off with a sweep. The Cards have a chance to expand their lead in the next several games but I imagine it'll be pretty rough at times.

Our pitchers can't keep up their crazy strand rates for too long.

aFIGurANT

The April schedule was fairly light on tough series compared to May so it's nice to start off with a sweep. The Cards have a chance to expand their lead in the next several games but I imagine it'll be pretty rough at times.

Our pitchers can't keep up their crazy strand rates for too long.

Yeah that's for sure - the series against the AL Central's current top dogs seems ripe for drama, as does the showdown in the big apple. And you called it on the strand rate; I haven't checked but I'm sure guys like Lynn and Wacha's FIPs are way out of proportion from their low ERAs. Wacha's start today is the perfect example with him only striking out 2 and allowing a >1.0 WHIP, yet holding his opposition to a doughnut on the big board.

Either way I like the fact that we could play .500 ball from here on out and still probably take the division.

Yeah that's for sure - the series against the AL Central's current top dogs seems ripe for drama, as does the showdown in the big apple. And you called it on the strand rate; I haven't checked but I'm sure guys like Lynn and Wacha's FIPs are way out of proportion from their low ERAs. Wacha's start today is the perfect example with him only striking out 2 and allowing a >1.0 WHIP, yet holding his opposition to a doughnut on the big board.

Either way I like the fact that we could play .500 ball from here on out and still probably take the division.

Lynn's FIP is actually a full run lower than his ERA I think, he's been very good this year. Wacha is probably not sustainable. Neither is CarMart, but I expect his hr% and lob% to both normalize so his regression won't be that bad.

Wildcard is definitely Jaime or Marco taking over Wainwright's spot. But pitching will still be good, just not April good

oh good, Craig Counsell, franchise saved

He's a gritty guy who played the game the right way and was great in the clutch. He'll be a player's manager who has a real good feel for the game. He'll follow his gut, and not be swayed by the so-called experts.

Blargh.

But hey, it's worked for Ned Yost so far in Kansas City. If that clown can get to the World Series, anyone can.

BFIB

Wow, not unexpected that Roenicke is out. Unreal how terrible the Brewers are this year.

Bigger surprise:

Brewers terrible start
Astros incredible start

eznark

Banned
I bet Bob the Brewers would have a better record than the Cubs from May 1 on. I'M WINNING

The Brewers start is only a little surprising. Tough schedule, bad team, brutal injuries. They were only ever a .500 team at best.

Please don't get destroyed in STL Cubs.

The season seems to have a weird flow to it.

First our offense sucked and Lester sucked, then our offense was great and Lester still sucked, now our offense sucks and Lester is pitching well.

thefro

Please don't get destroyed in STL Cubs.

The season seems to have a weird flow to it.

First our offense sucked and Lester sucked, then our offense was great and Lester still sucked, now our offense sucks and Lester is pitching well.

It's supposed to be pretty warm so I imagine we'll finally start hitting HRs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's a gritty guy who played the game the right way and was great in the clutch. He'll be a player's manager who has a real good feel for the game. He'll follow his gut, and not be swayed by the so-called experts.

Blargh.

But hey, it's worked for Ned Yost so far in Kansas City. If that clown can get to the World Series, anyone can.

The one memory of Craig Counsell as a player I have rattling around in my long term memory is him hitting an infield fly and shouting very audibly into the mics "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!"

Fun fact: Petco Park is somehow second in Major League Baseball in homers. Nobody on the team is raking a ton of HR either.

Sephzilla

I actually like Craig Counsell managing the Brewers. I don't think he's going to set the managing world on fire, but I think he could do a decent job. I just worry that in a couple of years he's going to become Doug Melvin scapegoat #4.

Older games like Power Pro Baseball on Wii (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019C6KBG/?tag=neogaf0e-20) which will play on Wii U.

Or, if you want to be a boss about it, get Baseball Stars from the Virtual Console.

Honestly though the lack of competition in modern baseball games is pathetic.

2K gave up.

How did Sony actually gain a monopoly on the MLB License?

I can't buy 2K12, because rosters and because of no online, so that's a problem.

eznark

Banned
I actually like Craig Counsell managing the Brewers. I don't think he's going to set the managing world on fire, but I think he could do a decent job. I just worry that in a couple of years he's going to become Doug Melvin scapegoat #4.

Kind of doesn't matter til 2018 anyway, Brewers are a shit-show until at least then.

Top Bottom