• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

eznark

Banned
Why until 2018? or is that just an arbitrary rebuilding window?

It's the earliest realistic year for Arcia, Taylor, Medeiros (stretch) and Lara (bigger stretch). I assume they'll be rebuilding to that year, when their thin system might start finally producing.

aFIGurANT

Speaking of catchers this came across my twitter today: Yadi Forgot How to Frame.

Apparently he's like 60th in the category this year and given how large the sample is (like 6000 pitches caught I think) it's relevant at this point supposedly. Kind of sucks if true but just another thing to watch for.

How did Sony actually gain a monopoly on the MLB License?

Because the potential market is too small to allow for profitable competition. It's a monopoly only in no one else thinking the market is desirable enough to compete for.

Honestly though the lack of competition in modern baseball games is pathetic.

It's the market for baseball games on consoles that is pathetic.

On iOS, lots of weird baseball stuff appears to be doing pretty well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wondering why the Padres are going to call up Hedges if all he is going to be is a backup C. Seems like he could use the AB's.
We need a backup becuase Norris is on pace to catch like 152 games.

Norris is under team control through 2018 and has really improved his defensive skills. I think its a lot more likely Hedges gets shipped out than displaces Norris.

Blue Jays hitting coach being suspended 14 games for post-game conduct towards an umpire on April 29th?

The team is apparently appealing.

I have no idea what happened. 14 games seems harsh.

Dodgers move Ryu to 60-day DL and acquire Matt West from Blue Jays for Cash.

Second day in a row the Jays moved someone for cash.

aFIGurANT

Wonder if he gets moved to 1st eventually if it continues.

Right? At this point Adams is looking pretty good versus the righties after a tough start, but still atrocious (.167/.231/.167) against lefties. Yadi isn't miles ahead of that himself though, is the thing.

If he lets fucking Anthony Rizzo take bags against him, though, then we'll know the end is nigh.

zroid

Banned
most frustrating thing about our dog shit team ERA might be the fact that the defence is actually rather good this year

most frustrating thing about our dog shit team ERA might be the fact that the defence is actually rather good this year

Is it actually good, or just better than last year? Because last year was pretty terrible, so improving over that isn't a massive accomplishment.

zroid

Banned
Is it actually good, or just better than last year? Because last year was pretty terrible, so improving over that isn't a massive accomplishment.

well, it seems good at least. haven't looked at the numbers...

but from what I can tell there are good defensive players in every position except 1B (and SS when Reyes is in the lineup).

I'm glad Craig Counsell got the Brewer's gig.

One of the best sports moments ever for me:

XvZGkBet.jpg

That should have been a solo shot. Zimmerman definitely should have struck out, but he had a really favorable strike zone...

I definitely think we will be losing this game.

Edit: What really pisses me off is that Hech "struck out" with the bases loaded, when he should have walked in another run.

:lol there goes our shitty bullpen, I was wondering when it was going to show up again.

What the hell was Redmond thinking, leaving a pitcher who gave up a two run home run, and then two hits in a row...

Oh well, I had a feeling we were going to lose this game tonight, hopefully we can bounce back tomorrow.

Edit: Lol, I think I heard some fans chanting overrated when Stanton was batting in the 9th. Stanton>>>>>>>Harper

Silkworm

Hmmm, will Kershaw make it through the 8th? Better not walk Lind here.

edit: Although a walk would have been better than the double Lind got :p Time for shaky bullpen or let Kershaw try to get out of this inning? Hmmm.

Hmmm, will Kershaw make it through the 8th? Better not walk Lind here.

edit: Although a walk would have been better than the double Lind got :p Time for shaky bullpen or let Kershaw try to get out of this inning? Hmmm.

bullpens been anything but shaky lately.. hope they can get out of it

Silkworm

Woo! Time to see if Dodgers bullpen will implode :p Hatcher to the rescue (or not).

bullpens been anything but shaky lately.. hope they can get out of it

Oh? Admittedly I'm probably living in the past, I guess. It's hard to shake those thoughts :-D Let's go Dodger bullpen! :)

Edit: Too quick! Nevermind. Game tied. Bah!

Top Bottom