• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

aFIGurANT

Who needs an Adam Wainwright when you're putting up 8.5 runs a game? I would say we need to get a better X or Y but besides the lack of a KC/NYY bully we're set imo.

Opiate

Don't tell me the Astros winning streak was a misleading streak of luck :(

They're clearly better than last season, whatever happens from here on out. If all you care about is the postseason, don't get your hopes too high (although it's certainly possible). If you're excited to see the Astros not suck anymore, I think that time has come, and will only get better with time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At least in vogeys defense he is pitching well tonight.

Padres vaunted pitching has mostly looked kinda shitty this year, especially the pen.

We have the most runs scored, but you can't make up for total pitching meltdowns.

tumblr_nnww3zUh0E1rs467vo1_400.gif

no respect for the game, this guy

kcxiv

Yup. As I said before, it was a terrible decision.

Gordon was tearing up the basepaths and hitting better than Rollins is now. Having a guy who can put defenses on edge simply by being on base due to his speed was crucially undervalued by too many people, including the Dodgers themselves.

Typically your stop gaps should be improvements, not a step down in pretty much every conceivable way. They also shouldn't cost you $10 million more at the same time. I'm fine with prepping for Seager but they didn't have to get rid of Gordon to do that.

Rollins is in Dee's spot at second. and at least used to be the leadoff batter. He's the end replacement for Gordon.

of course, but we did update our defense big time. Rollins bat is terible right now, Im all for just calling it a day and replacing his ass, but they (the Front office guy) thought, he had one more good year in him. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. As of right now, his offense is not working. I been bitching about this shit on the Dodgers Reddit page for a little while now. I would rather just roll the dice with the youngster with a HUGE HUGE HUGE upside.

Hope Lynn can go deep into the game today.

At least we have a lot of arms at Memphis we've been using so our bullpen doesn't get that overworked (but still too much these past five games)

Bohoo dude. go take the butt hurt attitude back to the nfl thread. No fucking shit he tore a ligament. He also has some of the best doctors in the world treating him and he'll come back healthy and rich as fuck.

I was saddened to hear that someone's real world injury impacted your fictional fantasy team that nobody in the world gives a damn about. I'm glad to hear you will somehow carry on! The fact that the person in question is rich means it's fine to bitch about his injury. You are a classy dude.

I haven't posted in the NFL thread for at least a year, I believe. Maybe longer? I kind of grew tired of the general attitude in there and caught myself getting drawn into it as well. So while I do appreciate the advice, drop the tough guy act and don't go telling people to leave this thread. Terms of service and all that. Deal?

tumblr_nnww3zUh0E1rs467vo1_400.gif

no respect for the game, this guy

Greinke going all in. The more bat flipping, the better. If we're going to have to deal with the eyesore of pitchers at bat, let's at least agree they should all flip their bats when they get solid contact.

Meier

The Dodgers pen has a new guy I've never heard of pitching every night, I swear. Yimi Garcia is certainly having an amazing start to his career... he and Paco are going to bolster our bullpen for a long time I think.

Padres vaunted pitching has mostly looked kinda shitty this year, especially the pen.

We have the most runs scored, but you can't make up for total pitching meltdowns.

True but I still think you give that team some more time. They added a lot of pieces this offseason. I think the Padres are putting themselves into good position for the next few years. Much better than the D-backs.

I was saddened to hear that someone's real world injury impacted your fictional fantasy team that nobody in the world gives a damn about. I'm glad to hear you will somehow carry on! The fact that the person in question is rich means it's fine to bitch about his injury. You are a classy dude.

I haven't posted in the NFL thread for at least a year, I believe. Maybe longer? I kind of grew tired of the general attitude in there and caught myself getting drawn into it as well. So while I do appreciate the advice, drop the tough guy act and don't go telling people to leave this thread. Terms of service and all that. Deal?

Once again your username affirms your posts. There is no tough guy act, you are just annoying. It might be time to finally put the block user feature to use. My post wasn't even a big deal until you had to open your mouth. You obviously gave a big enough damn to respond though. Irony.

Ugh, Fox Sports Florida isn't carrying the Marlins Nats game today, so I am having to watch the Nats feed. The announcers are two are of the whiniest broadcasters I have ever heard, their voices are absolutely grating.

Edit: And they are talking shit about Marlins players. Wow, absolutely no class.

Once again your username affirms your posts. There is no tough guy act, you are just annoying. It might be time to finally put the block user feature to use. My post wasn't even a big deal until you had to open your mouth. You obviously gave a big enough damn to respond though. Irony.

"Affirm." "Irony." I do not think those words mean what you think they mean. Are you Alanis Morissette?

I realize you also confuse the label "annoying" to describe someone who disagrees with your post and found it to be pretty vile. You were complaining about your fictional fantasy team when a real person was injured. I stand by my response. That's what we do around these parts. We make posts, people respond to them, we discuss things, life goes on. I don't get to control who responds to my posts any more than you do.

Let me give you a real example of irony: you accuse me of being annoying and making a big deal out of your post, when it's actually you driving that train. "Hi, Kettle, it's me Duff. You're black!"

BFIB

Guys, lets not turn this into that kind of thread.

We haven't really tested Opiate's temper, I don't want to start now.

Guys, lets not turn this into that kind of thread.

We haven't really tested Opiate's temper, I don't want to start now.

Opiate told me to close it down like Fernando Rodney in the 9th. Errrrr...

Eznark told me this was the thread where everyone got along. Why did he lie to me?

This is by far the most chill sports thread I've frequented on GAF. Way more inviting than the NFL side, way more relaxed than the NBA side, and still in existence unlike the soccer side. I don't follow the NHL thread so they might be good people, too.

To put it into perspective, I didn't really start posting in here until the playoffs last season and have been here since opening day this season. The NFL guys go all out assault on "lifelongs." Outside of one or two people, most everyone here is above that an pretty inviting to new folks.

Tragicomedy said:
To put it into perspective, I didn't really start posting in here until the playoffs last season and have been here since opening day this season. The NFL guys go all out assault on "lifelongs." Outside of one or two people, most everyone here is above that an pretty inviting to new folks.

Royals got good so tragicomedy showed up. What can ya do?

You literally cannot make this shit up. Kudos!

Wow Bryce Harper has hit 3 home runs today. I really hate seeing that douche have a good game.

Tom Koehler has been such a disappointment for me so far this season, he has no control today.

I said the exact same thing you said...kudos?

I think you missed the entire point of the post. I was pointing out how NFL GAF calls out "lifelongs" for getting excited and posting about their team when they have a good season. I said that people in this thread are generally above such childish behavior, with one or two exceptions.

You are clearly one of those exceptions.

I've followed the Royals since 1986, probably before you were born. It's been a love/hate relationship, and I never felt compelled to discuss another crappy season on GAF. If that makes me less of a fan than anyone else in here, so be it.

eznark

Banned
You're clearly very touchy about this.

I didn't say Royals got good so you became a fan, I said Royals got good so you showed up in this thread.

And you are currently the most acerbic, combative poster in this thread, which is why I mentioned it in response to AT asking where the kumbaya went.

You're clearly very touchy about this.

I didn't say Royals got good so you became a fan, I said Royals got good so you showed up in this thread.

And you are currently the most acerbic, combative poster in this thread, which is why I mentioned it in response to AT asking where the kumbaya went.

A simple search through my post history in this thread proves otherwise, but you can run with that narrative if you like. I'm all about spreading the love, and have complimented the opposing team and fans after each series.

BFIB

I'm just glad to see the other side of Missouri get in on the fun.

#BFIB looking better today. Yoda, aFIGurANT, I think we finally found a way to be accepted!

Malo

Banned
This is probably the most hostile this thread has been since I started posting here over 4 years ago and it's not even that hostile.

MLB-Gaf is the most chill and least insular out of all sports gaf. The most heated this place gets is during the condiment wars.

So, to continue the newfound hostility: mets suck, red sox sucks, all your teams suck, mustard is the worst, ketchup is king, and viva los yanquis.

Come at me bros.

Top Bottom