• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

This is probably the most hostile this thread has been since I started posting here over 4 years ago and it's not even that hostile.

MLB-Gaf is the most chill and least insular out of all sports gaf. The most heated this place gets is during the condiment wars.

So, to continue the newfound hostility: mets suck, red sox sucks, all your teams suck, mustard is the worst, ketchup is king, and viva los yanquis.

Come at me bros.
We need a CC pic around all them tacos.. :)

BFIB

This is probably the most hostile this thread has been since I started posting here over 4 years ago and it's not even that hostile.

MLB-Gaf is the most chill and least insular out of all sports gaf. The most heated this place gets is during the condiment wars.

So, to continue the newfound hostility: mets suck, red sox sucks, all your teams suck, mustard is the worst, ketchup is king, and viva los yanquis.

Come at me bros.

Red Sox suck! Yeah, you go Malo! Wait....what?

"mustard is the worst, ketchup is king"

Get Out.

Come at me bros.

Milwaukee Stadium Sauce trumps all.

You're not playing it right.

It's selective, out of context quoting. There is no "playing it right," that's the point.

Come at me bros.

There is a lot of truth to this post, but...

mustard is the worst, ketchup is king

What in the actual fuck?!? Mustard is the one true condiment. And the Yankees suck!

mustard is the worst, ketchup is king,
it33o.jpg

jman2050

Mustard is awful and ketchup is only good on fries and burgers, nothing else.

Nationals are graciously trying to give Harper another shot at #4.

Sucks to lose the series, but at least we didn't give up after being down 7-2. Thankfully, I don't have to listen to the whiny broadcasters any time soon.

Good news is I think Yelich is coming off the DL tomorrow, it's going to be interesting to see if they put him at 1st, since Ichiro has been playing really well lately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there a baseball player name that screams "utility infielder" more than "Cory Spangenberg?"

Edit: Padres trying to make up for scoring 0 runs in the first two of the series.

BFIB

Cards going for #9 tonight.

And apparently Mark Fucking Reynolds is being looked to as a clubhouse leader!?

WTF? eznark, was he billed the same in Milwaukee? I just don't see it.

aFIGurANT

Cards going for #9 tonight.

And apparently Mark Fucking Reynolds is being looked to as a clubhouse leader!?

WTF? eznark, was he billed the same in Milwaukee? I just don't see it.

He's pretty much Pence in terms of jerky-ass swing and hair factor. I could see it.

So is it too soon to say that maybe finally the one-year vet signing has paid off for Mo?

of course, but we did update our defense big time. Rollins bat is terible right now, Im all for just calling it a day and replacing his ass, but they (the Front office guy) thought, he had one more good year in him. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. As of right now, his offense is not working. I been bitching about this shit on the Dodgers Reddit page for a little while now. I would rather just roll the dice with the youngster with a HUGE HUGE HUGE upside.

Meh. Rollins has been pretty awful on defense too.
Gordon has 1 error and a 0.6 DWAR. Rollins has 5 (!) errors and a 0.5 DWAR. I'm not seeing the improvement here at all.

BFIB

He's pretty much Pence in terms of jerky-ass swing and hair factor. I could see it.

So is it too soon to say that maybe finally the one-year vet signing has paid off for Mo?

I still have the nasty taste of Ty Wigginton in my mouth.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

The only example I can think of was the dogpile on Kaeptin in the 2010 playoff thread back when he was still CaptYamato when he was whining about the suffering he endured being a Yankees fan in California.

Malo

Banned
The only example I can think of was the dogpile on Kaeptin in the 2010 playoff thread back when he was still CaptYamato when he was whining about the suffering he endured being a Yankees fan in California.
I remember that. Didn't he have to wear a final fantasy avatar of a dude crying because the Yankees lost? I wonder why he doesn't post here anymore?!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gee, Red Sox, thanks for giving us Will Middlebrooks. His 570 OPS is just working so well.

Angry Grimace

How the fuck is Yonder Alonso hitting 345/429/452?

It's steroids right? It's gotta be steroids.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ugh, Fox Sports Florida isn't carrying the Marlins Nats game today, so I am having to watch the Nats feed. The announcers are two are of the whiniest broadcasters I have ever heard, their voices are absolutely grating.

Edit: And they are talking shit about Marlins players. Wow, absolutely no class.

Wut.

F.P. Santangelo is a national treasure.

aFIGurANT

Wut.

F.P. Santangelo is a national treasure.

I don't know if this is /sarcasm or not but I would say the Nats version of MASN is real nice to tune in to once in a while. I mean I get batty about the FSMW guys pretty regularly despite thinking they're good so maybe it's just a weird over-expsosure effect that everyone goes through when they say their broadcasters suck?

An actual quote from Rick Horton last night that made me cringe: "Yee-haw! Because (quoting Danny) "cowboy up!"... [awkward silence] right guys?!" Danny: "...You bet."

Made me lol. I like Hair-bosky way more than Horton though that's for sure. And anyone besides Scully is fighting a losing battle.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't know if this is /sarcasm or not but I would say the Nats version of MASN is real nice to tune in to once in a while. I mean I get batty about the FSMW guys pretty regularly despite thinking they're good so maybe it's just a weird over-expsosure effect that everyone goes through when they say their broadcasters suck?

It's not sarcasm. He a massive goofball who cracks me up multiple times every game, yet also gives really interesting analyses when he wants to. Honestly, he's a big part of why I got into baseball these past few years. Him and Bob Carpenter have great chemistry. They are massive homers, but that's to be expected. I don't hear them trash talk other players much at all though, but they definitely give props on great plays by opposing teams.

It's not sarcasm. He a massive goofball who cracks me up multiple times every game, yet also gives really interesting analyses when he wants to. Honestly, he's a big part of why I got into baseball these past few years. Him and Bob Carpenter have great chemistry. They are massive homers, but that's to be expected. I don't hear them trash talk other players much at all though, but they definitely give props on great plays by opposing teams.

I thought their voices were incredibly grating and whiny, but maybe that is just me.

They made a couple of smartass comments about the defense committing an error, and then when Ozuna lost a ball in the sun. They also made fun of Stanton when he was at the plate. I don't know if they gave him props for the 3 run home run, because I had it on mute.

Top Bottom