• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if that Mets fedora is built to withstand the number of tips and m'ladys that a fedora aficionado produces.

Remember when I said trading Dee Gordon was a terrible idea, and you guys told me Jimmy Rollins would be an upgrade?

Dee Gordon leads the NL with a .433 BA, is second with 12 stolen bases, a .500 SLG with a .960 OPS.

Meanwhile Jimmy Rollins is batting a fucking dreadful .163, a mere 3 stolen bases, .286 SLG with a .538 OPS.

Oh, also keep in mind the Dodgers were paying Gordon less than a million in salary, whereas they're paying Rollins $11 million for the "privilege" of seeing him do jack shit at the plate or on the bases.

Mully

Drew and Beltran make up the most anemic and least frightening middle of the lineup among the league this year.

Remember when I said trading Dee Gordon was a terrible idea, and you guys told me Jimmy Rollins would be an upgrade?

Dee Gordon leads the NL with a .433 BA, is second with 12 stolen bases, a .500 SLG with a .960 OPS.

Meanwhile Jimmy Rollins is batting a fucking dreadful .163, a mere 3 stolen bases, .286 SLG with a .538 OPS.

Oh, also keep in mind the Dodgers were paying Gordon less than a million in salary, whereas they're paying Rollins $11 million for the "privilege" of seeing him do jack shit at the plate or on the bases.

He also has 11 RBIs and has been playing some really great defense at 2nd. You could argue that he has been the best, most consistent player on the team.

Well let's be honest here. Dee had one good season. Other than that, he was basically a waste of a spot on the roster. Ex-Dodgers always look great on other teams. Hell, James Loney looked competent when he left town. Kemp is looking great to start this season. It's a cycle. Whoever leaves next will be carving teams up wherever they go.

cashman

Banned
So it's looking like the Rangers will win their first series of the season. It will also be the first time they've won back to back games.

Hosmer doing the Lord's work tonight.

Screw your draft pick. Dude tore his ligament, bro.
Bohoo dude. go take the butt hurt attitude back to the nfl thread. No fucking shit he tore a ligament. He also has some of the best doctors in the world treating him and he'll come back healthy and rich as fuck.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
George Springer is going to end up killing himself in the field.

Meanwhile, Wandy making the Astros look like the Astros again.

kcxiv

Jimmy Rollins is a 1 year stop game until Seager gets the call, Totally fine with the trade. It had to happen sooner or later. I hope Dee does well, but Its all being done for Seager.

JDeluis

Dee Gordon replacement was Howie Kendrick. Jimmy Rollins was acquired to replace Hanley Ramirez.

He also has 11 RBIs and has been playing some really great defense at 2nd. You could argue that he has been the best, most consistent player on the team.

Yup. As I said before, it was a terrible decision.

Well let's be honest here. Dee had one good season. Other than that, he was basically a waste of a spot on the roster. Ex-Dodgers always look great on other teams. Hell, James Loney looked competent when he left town. Kemp is looking great to start this season. It's a cycle. Whoever leaves next will be carving teams up wherever they go.

Gordon was tearing up the basepaths and hitting better than Rollins is now. Having a guy who can put defenses on edge simply by being on base due to his speed was crucially undervalued by too many people, including the Dodgers themselves.

Jimmy Rollins is a 1 year stop game until Seager gets the call, Totally fine with the trade. It had to happen sooner or later. I hope Dee does well, but Its all being done for Seager.

Typically your stop gaps should be improvements, not a step down in pretty much every conceivable way. They also shouldn't cost you $10 million more at the same time. I'm fine with prepping for Seager but they didn't have to get rid of Gordon to do that.

Dee Gordon replacement was Howie Kendrick. Jimmy Rollins was acquired to replace Hanley Ramirez.

Rollins is in Dee's spot at second. and at least used to be the leadoff batter. He's the end replacement for Gordon.

zulux21

yay white sox win the first of what will not only be a sweep of the tigers, but of a 10 game winning streak back into being relevant @_@

really I would settle just fine with them going 8-2 in their next 10 games, but they need to get their offense going soon or there won't be much hope for them (though a number of players do seem to be turning a corner)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Padres are the best in the league and random full-team slumps

Top Bottom