• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

I missed the bulk of the Royals' game due to a function with my son. Great win by Cleveland. Everything seems to be coming together from them, and they're getting much closer to the team I expected to be on top of the division starting opening day.

zulux21

whoot tied in the bottom of the 8th now.

I missed the bulk of the Royals' game due to a function with my son. Great win by Cleveland. Everything seems to be coming together from them, and they're getting much closer to the team I expected to be on top of the division starting opening day.

white sox are working on keeping KC in first.
and working on their come back to be in first place by the mid of june :p

zulux21

and now the white sox closer gets to pitch in the 9th to ideally lock down the win and get the white sox one step closer to a much needed sweep of the tigers.

hmmm looking at stuff only the dodgers have less losses at home than the white sox... and only Philadelphia has more losses on the road than the white sox ><:

zulux21

White Sox baseball: Just when I thpught I was out, they pull me back in!

thank god for that base running mistake by the tigers, they likely wouldn't have turned the double play to end the game and likely would have at least had the game tied in the 9th. (it would have been close but the ball wasn't hit that hard)

That at bat by Avisail was really impressive. He is so amped up when he has the chance to drive in big runs so he tends to chase awful pitches. But he calmed down,showed good discipline and put a great swing on the ball.

If he stops being so anxious, he could be a real special player. He'd still considered a young player in AAA so I hope he continues to grow. Thanks Jake Peavy!

zulux21

That at bat by Avisail was really impressive. He is so amped up when he has the chance to drive in big runs so he tends to chase awful pitches. But he calmed down,showed good discipline and put a great swing on the ball.

If he stops being so anxious, he could be a real special player. He'd still considered a young player in AAA so I hope he continues to grow. Thanks Jake Peavy!

plus it looks like he learned how to dive for a ball. though it doesn't take many season ending injuries to convince a guy you might need to look at your approach :p

it also looks like eaton and gallepsi are finally coming around which will help a lot.

zulux21

Could very well happen. I think there are three playoff contenders in our division. You guys bailed us out!

to be fair all the white sox really need to learn how to do is pitch on the road.. and maybe drive in a few more runs on the road @_@

the white sox have the 6th best home ERA (3.15)
they have the worst road ERA (5.84)

Braves are back on track now that Folty has extinguished the shit of Cahill from the rotation. Need Wisler to get to together so they can dump Eric Stults now.

tumblr_nnys3k9WQm1rs467vo1_400.gif
tumblr_nnys01NXay1rs467vo1_400.gif

"It's kind of funny,” Pederson said. “I was playing video games last night with Scott [Van Slyke] and Bryce Harper just sent me a text and said, 'Keep it up, keep going,' and I turned the TV on today, and he had three home runs. I guess you could say I was just trying to keep up with him.”

ampere

My dad was telling me some of the stories from Pedro's book about Manny... holy shit man. Manny sounds like he was batshit insane.

I might have to pick up that book.

Edwardo

My dad was telling me some of the stories from Pedro's book about Manny... holy shit man. Manny sounds like he was batshit insane.

I might have to pick up that book.

Lol I was watching his & hers yesterday and Pedro was on. He was talking about how Manny would take teammates clothes from the locker room and wear them during games.

eznark

Banned
God damn listening to the audible excerpt and Pedro's original motivational technique was to imagine kidnappers had taken his mom and would slash her throat if he didn't get everyone out. Morbid.

Meier

I took Joc as a bit of a homer pick in the 20th round of my draft. Figured he was worth a punt.. boy has that worked out well. Took Yasmani in the 22nd as a backup to Mesoraco.. so much for the backup bit. Mesoraco might miss 4 months now.

ampere

Lol I was watching his & hers yesterday and Pedro was on. He was talking about how Manny would take teammates clothes from the locker room and wear them during games.

Yeah and he said "voices in his head" told him to... goddamn Manny lol.

God damn listening to the audible excerpt and Pedro's original motivational technique was to imagine kidnappers had taken his mom and would slash her throat if he didn't get everyone out. Morbid.

Wow

Uhnw0bm.gif

Probably already posted, but here is Twins rookie Eddie Rosario's family reacting to him going yard on his first ever MLB pitch. Pure joy!

So Juan Nieves (pitching coach) was fired by the Red Sox. I guess it's not super surprising, but he's got shit to work with. Basically they have (generously) 2 #3 starters and 3 #4 starters.

YOU get a sac fly... and YOU get a sac fly... EVERYONE gets sac flies!!!

(I'm probably the only one watching A's-Twins right now aren't I)

Aaaaaaaaaaand they give it right back through inexperience and the inability of people to field their positions. Yay!

aFIGurANT

If bourjos could get it going that would be a fierce CF platoon man. Two triples in probably 4 or 5 starts? That's a nice pace.

Top Bottom