• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
CxcjYqb.gif

Time Warner Cable fucking over the citizens of Los Angeles by excluding anyone who isn't a customer from getting to listen to Vin Scully broadcast baseball is a fucking crime.

I haven't been able to watch a Scully broadcast since 2013, just because I don't have that cable. This man, the best that ever was, ain't getting any younger, and millions of people in the city can't do what they've done for decades, listen with their families to Vin Scully call a baseball game.

BTW... Doyer fans... you need a victory gif.

Would you guys do Matz+ for Baez?
How's he doing in AAA? Dare I say Castro's trade value is much higher right now? Teams have got to be scared off by Baez's whiff/contact rates.

Matheny read the Dusty Baker "How to handle your pitching staff" book in the offseason. Yoda is right, they literally might lose their arms by the all star break.
As much as I like to rag on his bullpen usage, it's hard to pin all the blame on Matheny. Quite a few close/EI games with few off days and the post-Waino rotation has not been going very deep into games. Playing TLR-lite with using 4-5 relievers for 6 outs is a recipe for disaster in the regular season though. Somebody needs to remind him to do this during the postseason when every game is super important and off days are plentiful, not during the marathon 162 games and we should be fine.

How's he doing in AAA? Dare I say Castro's trade value is much higher right now? Teams have got to be scared off by Baez's whiff/contact rates.

As much as I like to rag on his bullpen usage, it's hard to pin all the blame on Matheny. Quite a few close/EI games with few off days and the post-Waino rotation has not been going very deep into games. Playing TLR-lite with using 4-5 relievers for 6 outs is a recipe for disaster in the regular season though. Somebody needs to remind him to do this during the postseason when every game is super important and off days are plentiful, not during the marathon 162 games and we should be fine.

Supposedly he's making some development with contact. Still 16 k's and 5 walks in 13 games.

Kyle Schwarber is on a tear though. .992 OPS and 21 walks in 29 games in AA already.

Matheny read the Dusty Baker "How to handle your pitching staff" book in the offseason. Yoda is right, they literally might lose their arms by the all star break.
Yeah, it's really annoying how he doesn't just pull people from the stands to eat up innings after losing Wainwright and having his spot starters and Martinez shit the bed for two weeks. Plus, you know, playing three consecutive extra inning games in the middle of a 20 day stretch of close games with no days off.

This I can somewhat agree with. While he can micromanage a bit sometimes, playing matchups in the late innings still puts a lot less stress on a bullpen than your starters going short night after night. And honestly, if he left Siegrist or Maness in for one batter too long and it cost them a game, you guys would just bitch about that instead.

BFIB

Yeah, it's really annoying how he doesn't just pull people from the stands to eat up innings after losing Wainwright and having his spot starters and Martinez shit the bed for two weeks. Plus, you know, playing three consecutive extra inning games in the middle of a 20 day stretch of close games with no days off.

This I can somewhat agree with. While he can micromanage a bit sometimes, playing matchups in the late innings still puts a lot less stress on a bullpen than your starters going short night after night. And honestly, if he left Siegrist or Maness in for one batter too long and it cost them a game, you guys would just bitch about that instead.

Doesn't change the fact that in those 20 games, you used up a lot of arms. Its a perfect storm scenario, your down your ace, as you mentioned, C-Mart hasn't pitched well, plus a 20 day stretch with a lot of close games. Hopefully we get some long work from Lynn/Lackey/Wacha to give the bullpen a rest.

Doesn't change the fact that in those 20 games, you used up a lot of arms. Its a perfect storm scenario, your down your ace, as you mentioned, C-Mart hasn't pitched well, plus a 20 day stretch with a lot of close games. Hopefully we get some long work from Lynn/Lackey/Wacha to give the bullpen a rest.

I completely agree. The only reason I even mentioned it was some of you guys seem to either have a ridiculous, illogical hatred for Matheny or bashing him is just a thing you do; after 3+ seasons I still can't tell which it is.

Cards should go to a 6 man rotation when Garcia or Gonzales is ready.
One of the STL Today columnists mentioned that the other day, or perhaps some kind of hybrid scenario where Lynn and Lackey would go every five days, but they'd cycle between Wacha (to manage his innings), Martinez, Garcia, and Gonzalez. Sounds like a nightmare to manage though.

JDeluis

Time Warner Cable fucking over the citizens of Los Angeles by excluding anyone who isn't a customer from getting to listen to Vin Scully broadcast baseball is a fucking crime.

I haven't been able to watch a Scully broadcast since 2013, just because I don't have that cable. This man, the best that ever was, ain't getting any younger, and millions of people in the city can't do what they've done for decades, listen with their families to Vin Scully call a baseball game.

BTW... Doyer fans... you need a victory gif.

I think you're confusing this thread with the Dodgers Facebook page. Every fucking comment from crybaby fans on their page is the same shit everyday.

Real fans would have found a way to watch the games by subscribing to MLB.TV and used a service like Unlocater. But a lot of Dodgers fans are bunch cheap motherfuckers who want everything free.

You want to watch the games here you go.
http://mlbtvblackout.blogspot.com/2009/07/mlbtv-blackout-workaround-bypass.html

Like I tell all these idiots on facebook,
"Ya paren de mamar bolla de llorones!"

BFIB

I completely agree. The only reason I even mentioned it was some of you guys seem to either have a ridiculous, illogical hatred for Matheny or bashing him is just a thing you do; after 3+ seasons I still can't tell which it is.

One of the STL Today columnists mentioned that the other day, or perhaps some kind of hybrid scenario where Lynn and Lackey would go every five days, but they'd cycle between Wacha (to manage his innings), Martinez, Garcia, and Gonzalez. Sounds like a nightmare to manage though.

Nah, I like Matheny. He's 3 years in, and he's going to have some growing pains, no doubt.

Edwardo

Sean McAdam
‏@Sean_McAdam
Red Sox "moving toward" DL move for Masterson due to "general fatigue," per Farrell. Wright "strong candidate" for Sunday.

Red Sox manager John Farrell made it very clear after Tuesday’s ugly start that he felt Justin Masterson was pitching hurt. Masterson vehemently denied that, but the Red Sox just announced that he won’t make his scheduled turn in the rotation Sunday and they’re “moving toward” placing him on the disabled list with “general fatigue.”

No official move has been made yet, but Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that knuckleballer Stephen Wright could make the fill-in start Sunday. Masterson has a 6.37 ERA in seven starts this season, including back-to-back rough outings, and Farrell described him as “clearly not right.”

Masterson just told McAdam that he’s “not real happy about the decision, but we’ll make the most of it.”
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...ay-red-sox-moving-toward-disabled-list-stint/

Beckx

That Red Sox comment reminds me of Steinbrenner sending down messages to the dugout to needle players by asking if they were hurt. (I know it's not, it's just the way it comes off at first.)

BFIB

Its a shame to see Masterson as a shell of his former self. He had a couple of great years in Cleveland, who is probably thankful every day that Masterson turned down their extension offer.

graffix13

Wish I had gotten to hear that live but I had to work nights last summer. Rex has his moments.

Haha same here. My brother was actually talking about this the other day, and I was thinking "Rex has his moments, but surely he didn't say this". And then I read this was the 1 year anniversary on Facebook and looked it up and sure enough....there it is.

Everyone has said that. Peralta has put up some great numbers as our SS. I don't want Tulo or his injuries.

Besides, I don't think we have the farm system to pull that kind of trade. Same with Hamels.
Yeah, there's zero reason to rock the boat with our middle infield or left side of the infield right now. Marp, Peralta, and Wong are all performing at or above expectations. Introducing risk into that equation seems stupid for a team currently in first. We should be addressing our pitching needs with our trade chips anyway.

I think you're confusing this thread with the Dodgers Facebook page. Every fucking comment from crybaby fans on their page is the same shit everyday.

Real fans would have found a way to watch the games by subscribing to MLB.TV and used a service like Unlocater. But a lot of Dodgers fans are bunch cheap motherfuckers who want everything free.

You want to watch the games here you go.
http://mlbtvblackout.blogspot.com/2009/07/mlbtv-blackout-workaround-bypass.html

Like I tell all these idiots on facebook,
"Ya paren de mamar bolla de llorones!"

WTF is this shit. Crybaby? Cheap motherfucker? Want everything for free? Idiot?

I can't express my dislike for this shit without having tons of this crap lobbed my way?

Everyone has said that. Peralta has put up some great numbers as our SS. I don't want Tulo or his injuries.

Besides, I don't think we have the farm system to pull that kind of trade. Same with Hamels.

We definitely have the farm system to get that done. It's more a matter of should we do it (and the answer is no)

Jarrod Parker had a hell of a career in front of him. Heartbreaking. Hopefully the A's will keep him in the family with a scouting or development gig or something.

Wade Miley and Sonny Gray like to work fast. Brisk pacing in this one.

A's can't catch a break, Bosox fielding everything.

EDIT: COCO CRISP FINALLY GETS A HIT! The 39 at bat hitless streak is done. All looks better for the A's!!!

DOUBLE EDIT: Until the next batter grounds into a double play on the first pitch.

This season. Hoooo boy.

Top Bottom