• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Loco4Coco

I don't like to curse but Carlos Torres is a piece of shit. Terry Collins is also a fucking dumbass for using Torres in the 8th always, dudes a fucking long man out of the pen for a AAA team.

CheezyMac88

carlos-torres-is-pretty-upset-with-himself-after-giving-up-3-runs-in-the-13th-against-the-brewers.gif

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Terry Collins: Manager of the Year

Moron.

Always waits those two or three batters too late to make pitching changes.
Falls in love with relievers and overuses them.
Rests his regulars in bunches so the lineup looks like a AAAA all-star team.

Oh, and Nieuwenhuis better be DFAed when Lagares is back. 14K in 33AB is just godawful.

CheezyMac88

Can someone remind me how the NY Mets won 11 in a row?

"Leading off an inning the Mets are batting .193 with a .278 on-base percentage in 284 plate appearances."

Yes!!! Ramos looked really good, he could be an answer as our closer.

Feels good to have a come from behind win. With the exception of yesterday, we really played the Dodgers tough, I'm very pleased.

kcxiv

Francona is an asshole for not letting Kluber go back out there to try and break Clemens' and Wood's record.
Yep, i would be pissed, this kind of shit only happens once every what 10 years or so? Maybe even longer then that since only 2 people have ever freaking done it.

Pure asshole for not letting his pitcher throw 1 more inning, its not like his arm was goign to fall off.

seriously just spot start his next schedule start with a minor leaguer or something if you're worried about his arm

its not like the indians are going anywhere

Funny thing is, would Klubes be on a no-hit bid, they definitely would've sent him out again. Which in itself is a less impressive and historic accomplishment than getting potentially 20 K's in a game.

Whoa wait a second the Rangers won today? We might actually win a 4 game series against the Royals!!

They've looked very solid this series. Very back and forth, but clear edge to your pitching staff so far. The Royals are desperate for another solid starting pitcher. Our "ace" would be a 2-3 guy on most teams, and the back end of the staff is looking bad this year. Nobody has any command, so it becomes a walk parade some innings.

The bats and the bullpen are keeping us afloat, but four of our starters are sitting at a 5+ ERA. You aren't going to win many games with that over the course of the season. Even less in the playoffs.

In Chris Young and Volquez we trust
?!?

I don't like to curse but Carlos Torres is a piece of shit. Terry Collins is also a fucking dumbass for using Torres in the 8th always, dudes a fucking long man out of the pen for a AAA team.

Carlos was a great long man for us last year.

But he's done. He's CLEARLY done. We need to just pull the plug on him.

But we won't because Terry is a shit manager who holds on too long to shit players. Honestly this sounds horrible, but I'd be okay with us losing this year if it mean Terry was finally shown the fucking door. I can't stand it, he makes it almost impossible to root for the team because I KNOW we're gonna lose. I know. Every single game. There's no change, there's no hope, I and every other Mets fan alive KNOWS we're going to lose.

Also Kluber is gonna throw a perfect game one of these days. It's coming. The Indians are a dark horse team to sneak into the post-season and really make noise.

wbsmcs

Cleveland's rotation is looking scary good for the future..

Kluber, Carrasco, and Bauer could potentially be the best 1-2-3

Some amazing trades they made too...

Jake Westbrook for Kluber
Choo for Bauer is looking decent and Cleveland might be looked at as the clear winner in 2-3 years
And then getting Carrasco in the Cliff Lee deal a few years back

Add Danny Salazar, who looks like he is finally putting it together and thats an amazing pitching staff.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kluber had all of his pitches working. He struck out six batters on his curve, five on his four-seam fastball, four on his sinker and three on his slider.
• Kluber is just the 29th player in history to strike out 18-plus batters in a game. And the first since Ben Sheets did it on May 16, 2004.
• His 18 strikeouts are more than five qualified pitchers have this whole season: Doug Fister, Kyle Gibson, Mike Pelfrey, Kyle Lobstein and Jeremy Guthrie.
• Kluber entered the game ranked 14th in the Majors in strikeouts with 46. He is now tied for first with 64 with James Shields.
• Kluber is one of only five different pitchers in baseball history to strike out 18 or more batters without surrendering a base-on-balls, joining Luis Tiant, Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson and Kerry Wood.
• Kluber recorded 24 whiffs. 186 different pitchers have thrown at least 100 pitches this season while getting that many whiffs or fewer.
• His 18 strikeouts are the second-most for a pitcher allowing one hit or less. Only Kerry Wood's record 20-strikeout game is ahead.
• Kluber ties Randy Johnson for most strikeouts in a start going less than nine innings. Johnson also struck out 18 in eight innings when he faced the Rangers on Sept. 27, 1992.
• Kluber's game score of 98 is also the highest-ever for a start going less than nine innings, topping Yu Darvish's score of 96 in 2013.
• Thanks to Cody Allen's one strikeout in relief, the Cardinals matched their team record with 19 strikeouts. Of course, that other 19-strikeout game was a 20-inning affair with the Mets.
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/05/14/124259522/eight-unbelievable-facts-from-corey-klubers-start

Beckx

Huh. Clint benched Cutch for today's game (he has been hitting well the last two games, c'mon Clint). Harrison is playing LF and Kang will play third.

Bonus news from Japan: Otani came back from a few weeks off (problem with leg cramps) and continued with his beast mode run. 8.1 IP, 11K. I asked the Japan Baseball Weekly podcast guys if they know the details on his contract and any out rights, so hopefully they answer Monday.

Top Bottom