• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

They say it's some inflammation in his knee. Doesn't appear to be serious as he was mobbing Sanchez after the game winner.

I guess he will get a day off tomorrow and Hermie will fix him ;)

good to hear. Don't want him out of the line up as he is one of the better hitters in the AL right now.

he is also looking way way WAY better than he did at the start of last year in the outfield. That injury in the long run was likely a good thing, as it forced him to go learn how to go after balls properly. It wasn't a matter of if but when he would hurt himself last year, now he looks like he will just be a decent defender out there.

This is the first extra inning game the Mets have played this year, look at the Cardinals if you want to see an overworked bullpen

I'm not saying we're the worst at it, but Terry doesn't divvy up innings so the guys that go out take the brunt of the load. They throw a lot of pitches and a lot of innings.

I'm not saying we're the worst at it, but Terry doesn't divvy up innings so the guys that go out take the brunt of the load. They throw a lot of pitches and a lot of innings.

Mets relievers have literally thrown the fewest amount of innings in the majors. Game would probably have to go to 18 or 19 for them to move ahead of the Tigers

zulux21

This is the first extra inning game the Mets have played this year, look at the Cardinals if you want to see an overworked bullpen'

(and somehow there are 7 teams with more IP than the Cardinals BP!)

im seeing 9
LezvzUG.png
that is not including today of course but even with the cards passing the rockies I would consider them move overworked as they would have 5 less games played and nearly the same amount of innings.

gotta say.. I didn't realize the astros had such a good pen
nor would I expect that from the tigers.

the biggest surprise though... the phillies lol.

Mets relievers have literally thrown the fewest amount of innings in the majors. Game would probably have to go to 18 or 19 for them to move ahead of the Tigers

indeed
highlighted cat is innings pitched

aFIGurANT

This is some fucking shit. Three days in a row for Rosie just to let Tewie not feel so bad when he gets the L here in T-minus 90 seconds.

I wish our other pitcher with the hard to pronounce name was in here instead of Tui

Soc something, he might not be good but he's good enough to not walk two straight

aFIGurANT

Welp GG Mets people.

Silver lining is Rosenthal wasn't left to die on the vine in the 16th or w/e. Here's hoping Niese is as bad as was posted above.

I'm trying to figure out my Astros.
We are pretty good against mediocre teams (Seattle, LAA ), we suck against bad teams (Oakland, Texas), and we have no idea how we are against good teams.

I'm trying to figure out my Astros.
We are pretty good against mediocre teams (Seattle, LAA ), we suck against bad teams (Oakland, Texas), and we have no idea how we are against good teams.

You've got starting pitching playing WAY above it's head and an inconsistent offense that's gonna get league K records.

You're an 85-90 win team if the offense gets right, but things can fall apart in a hurry if the offense doesn't get fixed and the pitching falters.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Shame the Astros bats just couldn't give McCullers any run support tonight. :|

Oh well, he should get one more start coming up.

demolitio

Damn Tribe can never get Kluber the win he deserves. Most inconsistent offense ever considering how many players they have hitting extremely well right now and how many are better off playing t-ball.

Brantley is still Brantley at least.

You've got starting pitching playing WAY above it's head and an inconsistent offense that's gonna get league K records.

You're an 85-90 win team if the offense gets right, but things can fall apart in a hurry if the offense doesn't get fixed and the pitching falters.

Aren't the playoffs getting a 2 team expansion this year? For that reason, I think Astros are playoff contenders this year. Then if the offense gets hot in the playoffs, anything can happen

Yeah I think the Astros aren't for real. But they certaiinly have enough pieces to acquire 2 starters. Then they are really dangerous.

Yeah I think the Astros aren't for real. But they certaiinly have enough pieces to acquire 2 starters. Then they are really dangerous.

Astros are remaining patient, and I actually appreciate that. We have spent the past 3-4 years building our farm system, and its now one of the best in the majors. Correa is the next guy about to join the Astros from the farm system, and hopefully he'll give our offense some stability. I'm hoping we don't start trading our prospects away until next year.

zroid

Banned
I heard Oakland is like 1-13 in one run games this season? There's no way they're as bad as their record if that's the case.

Would playing in a dome park in Colorado make a difference?

One way I could see that working is if they had really large air conditioning system, and made the temperature really cold. In theory, the cold air would be denser than the normal air in Colorado. The increase in air density would cause the ball the travel slower.

Another way it could work, is if they were able to manipulate the humidity. If they lowered the humidity, it would also increase air density.

I don't have any idea how cold you would have to make the air to balance out the decreased air density caused by the above sea level elevation. Nor do I know how they could manipulate the humidity in a large stadium.

Lance McCullers had pretty great bite on his pitches. I don't like the Astros trying their farm for starters. This shouldn't be an all in year. They can get talent in free agency but I think the owner might be a penny pincher.

Will the Mariners send Zunino down? He's certainly a good defensive catcher, but no team can live with a complete black hole in the lineup.

Darrell Ceciliani has been promoted to the Mets. corresponding move has not been announced, but sounds like Kirk Niuwenhuis will be demoted. dude has been terrible. wheres D'Arnaud and Wright :(

Top Bottom