• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Really? I knew as soon as Harvey left and they only had 1 run.

Well yeah we've seen this every time he pitches. It's what we do. It's why people go "THE WINS DOE".

Kevin Long needs to make some serious changes or needs to be shown the door. We've regressed. Big time.

zulux21

Sale vs Kluber tonight. Hope the Sox can keep it going, but Sale has struggled against a LH heavy Indians team for whatever reason.

both have been great tonight.
it's good to see chris getting back in form. his era is below 5 again and in another 2 starts or so it should be back below 4 again.

Why is Kirk Nieuwenhuis still on this team?

Terry thinks he can fix him, just like he thought he could fix den Dekker.

Kirk is an excellent athlete and defender, he's a solid fielder, but he can't hit off-speed pitches, he's never had good contact or swing rates against the change.

both have been great tonight.
it's good to see chris getting back in form. his era is below 5 again and in another 2 starts or so it should be back below 4 again.

What a great game, even if we lose it. Both pitchers were outstanding, some great defensive play and a run scored on a "wild pitch" that went 3-4 feet away from the catcher.
Great entertainment.

He looked pretty good tonight.

I'm pretty sure everyone had a good laugh at Harold saying that. I think he'll make it eventually though. At least, we hope.

He will be up by September.

Pitchers take a bit sometimes, especially those with as much strain on their arms as he's had.

Man this manager is a clown, I wonder if Loria will be bold enough to fire a second manager in the middle of the season.

Somewhere in South Beach, Mike Redmond is sitting back, having a drink and laughing, knowing he is going to get paid to do nothing. I hope Loria is throwing a big fit somewhere. :lol :lol :lol

zulux21

The White Sox game is in the 10th already after 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Great pitchers duel.

and now we get to see how the white sox fare against the indians bullpen. Ideally they will just end it quickly. I have work early tomorrow and I want to see the white sox reach above .500 for the first time in like a year @_@.

and now we get to see how the white sox fare against the indians bullpen. Ideally they will just end it quickly. I have work early tomorrow and I want to see the white sox reach above .500 for the first time in like a year @_@.

I'll take anyone but Kluber. He has no hit stuff. That cutter and curve move like crazy.

I'll take anyone but Kluber. He has no hit stuff. That cutter and curve move like crazy.

It's a hard cutter, think a slider with more speed. I call it a Slutter (hue), Arrieta throws the same thing, it's a godly K pitch, I see more and more pitching coaches teaching it over the next few years.

zulux21

hopefully garcia doesn't have anything much wrong with him and they are just taking him out for safety.

that being said I can't recall the last time I saw a player leave after getting a walk.

zulux21

man I am so glad Eaton and Gillaspie have started hitting.
the line up feel so much more exiting with those two repeatedly getting on base, though to be fair the whole team (outside of the catcher position) is hitting really well right now though, they are doing a lot more of what I expected going into the season (and a bit more as while I could expect .280 or so from most of them, I can't expect them to keep up .333)

zulux21

I think I just had a mini stroke. Just like Hawk!

FUCK YEAH!

first time since june 5th that the white sox are over .500 that I see. (they were close to being at .500 in august but then fell off a cliff lol)

it feels good, hopefully they can continue the win streak for a few more games and then play .600+ ball for the rest of the season.

Can I just say how fucking stupid it is that if, by some miracle we manage to win, Harvey won't get credited for it because pitcher win eligibility, and indeed pitcher wins in general, are fucking retarded.

zulux21

Can I just say how fucking stupid it is that if, by some miracle we manage to win, Harvey won't get credited for it because pitcher win eligibility, and indeed pitcher wins in general, are fucking retarded.

I have to ask.... how would you change it?
How would you redo win credit to make it not stupid?

aFIGurANT

The STL announcers are a little eccentric, hey?

If by eccentric you mean geriatric, yes. I like McCarver in that he has some passion but holy fuck does his prosletyzing get ollld. I need to start FireTimMcCarver.com and become famous.

E: Oh shit, that domain is free...brb gaf.

hopefully garcia doesn't have anything much wrong with him and they are just taking him out for safety.

that being said I can't recall the last time I saw a player leave after getting a walk.

They say it's some inflammation in his knee. Doesn't appear to be serious as he was mobbing Sanchez after the game winner.

I guess he will get a day off tomorrow and Hermie will fix him ;)

Top Bottom