• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Rhett Bollinger ‏@RhettBollinger 25m25 minutes ago
All nine Twins position players have a hit and it's just the third inning.

Phil Miller ‏@MillerStrib 17m17 minutes ago
Through three innings (and leading 7-2), Twins have more hits (12) than they had in entire 3-game series (11) last time they played Red Sox.

sigh

BigAT

oO7k1M4.gif

Finally.

That game was a great way to completely squander any momentum the Sox got over the weekend.

I guess the only positive that could be taken from that game is that the Twins couldn't score again after Kelly left in the 2nd inning.

Of course no one on the Sox could hit either...

Enron

Banned
I am starting to believe that the Rangers could become a thing. Do not hold me to it though.

Not with that pen. I can see them finishing .500, with maybe a few games over .500 or so as the ceiling. But no better than that. Perez, Harrison, Holland will all be back around the same time but out of those 3 i don't feel good that any of them will be effective except for Holland.

Edit: Andrus leaving the yard? DFA McAllister

C4Lukins

Not with that pen. I can see them finishing .500, with maybe a few games over .500 or so as the ceiling. But no better than that. Perez, Harrison, Holland will all be back around the same time but out of those 3 i don't feel good that any of them will be effective except for Holland.

But they are 500 right now without those guys. If we can find some hitters to replace the three sub 200 batters at the end of our order, there is some potential there.

Enron

Banned
But they are 500 right now without those guys. If we can find some hitters to replace the three sub 200 batters at the end of our order, there is some potential there.

Near .500 right now, with some luck. I mean, can you look at Colbyashi, Nick Martinez, and Wandy and honestly say you feel comfortable that they can keep it up all year? I cannot.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I see that Jesus Montero is hitting not-terribly in AAA this year. Then again, he also hit not-terribly in AAA last year.

C4Lukins

Near .500 right now, with some luck. I mean, can you look at Colbyashi, Nick Martinez, and Wandy and honestly say you feel comfortable that they can keep it up all year? I cannot.

No you are right. I have no delusions that they could be a World Series team this season.

But I went into the season thinking they could be the worst team in the American League. And they were so bad through those first 30 games that it was almost unbearable to watch them.

My excitement is limited to just thinking they can be decent, and I can have fun watching them. A month ago it was just depressing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Greinke's a W, but if you haven't noticed Kershaw is snakebit and it honestly doesn't matter who is pitching when the offense doesn't put runs on the board.

It's probably not normal for two fans to try to convince the other that their own respective team is the worst one.

Top Bottom