• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Eh, we gave Chris Young 7 mil. Not inclined to throw stones here.

I mean I called the Chris Young move a fucking trainwreck when we made it.

But giving a young-ish guy who was worth almost 15 WAR with the D-backs and betting he'd improve over his so-so 2013 is a lot better than giving Grady effing Sizemore a deal and calling that your offseason.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Btw, who is this Justin Bour kid and why do the Marlins announcers keep talking about him like he's the next Bryce Harper?

Enron

Banned
Maybe dumbass Josh will be decent after all.

I know he's got 2 homers tonight, but I still think he's closer to Anaheim josh than Rangers MVP josh. If he can OPS .800 ill take it.

They can try blaming injury but he's done. Same with Mark Appel. 5.85 era in AA.

He needs to learn that third pitch. But he just wont and well... this is it for him I think. At least as a Nat. He's just mentally broken and it's clear the Nats organization has 0 desire to fix him.

I think the Cubs and Bosio would have him in a muuuuuuuuuch better place.

And Appel has a 4.35 FIP so it's not THAT bad. He's not as far along as they'd like but he's still got a shot.

aFIGurANT

I should probably feel bad lackey is making equal to or less than Bolsinger... But I don't. Mo may have goofed with heyward but so far that's not the case with the Lackster.

I should probably feel bad lackey is making equal to or less than Bolsinger... But I don't. Mo may have goofed with heyward but so far that's not the case with the Lackster.

I still can't believe that trade, no idea what the Red Sox FO was thinking

Not totally down on Heyward either tbh, feel like he's improving lately and his line is being dragged down by his slow start

Steven Wright was OK outside of the Hamilton bombs in that start. The wheels started to fall off at the end though.

It's kind of feast or famine with a guy who's only a decent knuckleballer. He was capable of inducing plenty of groundouts but at the same time served up ducks to Hamilton on both of those blasts.

Pretty late on this, but that was a sweet home run by Justin Bour. That is one strong dude, I saw him taking batting practice with a huge piece of rebar a couple of weeks ago. It must have weighed at least 50-60 pounds.

Can't believe we won on Harvey day, and scored 4 runs to boot. Probably won't score more than 1 run the rest of the series though.

So do the Nats run away with the division then, or do the Mets and Braves make things interesting?

Yeah the Nats are going to run away with the division, they are by far the best team in that division. I think they had a couple of injuries at the start of the season, which is why they started off so slow.

Top Bottom