• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

My boy Josh is back and has already had a 2HR game. Josh even looks happy now since he divorced!!

1 game from .500, if we can Perez back in 2013 form at the all star break and Holland back we might have a shot at this.

If only we had god tier 2013 Darvish :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
DyfaC2C.png

7drHiqr.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Glad my tv fucked up 10 seconds before that walk off grand slam.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Foltynewicz is looking pretty cool.
If the braves pitching staff can stay healthy then they should be awesome by the time the new stadium rolls around.

Of course, that won't happen. They will all have tommy john in a year.

Hanley Ramirez credits Dustin Pedroia for his recent power surge

Ramirez slugged his first home run of the month of May to left-center field in Thursday's sixth inning, two frames after he had doubled to left-center. They were the first two extra-base hits Ramirez had pulled since he injured his front shoulder colliding into a wall at Fenway Park in the first week of May.

Ramirez gave all the credit to Dustin Pedroia.

"Pedroia got here at 9:00 in the morning to watch my videos and he was waiting for me and he told me what I was doing," Ramirez said. "I got some pitches, and he was right."
What Pedroia pointed out to Ramirez had to do with his stride direction.

"The only thing I can say about Hanley last night is that his direction to the ball is right," said hitting coach Chili Davis. "He's swinging at pitches in the area that he's going toward. When he does that, then look out."

First Napoli, now Hanley. Dustin Pedroia is The Swing Whisperer

Might be telling that the second baseman is a better hitting coach than anyone on the coaching staff though...

zroid

Banned
Lol this article has set a new benchmark for hot takes
http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-puig-plaschke-20150529-column.html#page=1

Every part of Yasiel Puig is still selling the Dodgers, it seems, except for the part of Yasiel Puig that actually plays baseball.

He is not uniform. He is not in the dugout. He has been out of sight for more than a month while rehabilitating a strained left hamstring. He could be gone for several more weeks. It is a striking absence representing the profound and compelling loss of the Dodgers' loudest and most exciting player, with one small twist.

The Dodgers have been just as exciting without him. The Dodgers have played just as loudly without him. The Dodgers have been a more complete team without him. The Dodger have actually been — shhhh — better without him.

Dodgers ownership considers him a franchise cornerstone, but though the team was 6-5 during games in which he played, it has gone 22-13 since he disappeared.

Top Bottom