• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

this is a long review for a play that he is clearly safe.

edit: ah it was because the people in new york were deciding if they could make some BS excuse to make the play stand even though the bag was clearly hit by the toe of the base runner and there was still a gap before the tag hit the runner :/

edit: I really don't get how they can still royally screw up calls with a 5 minute replay. I understand it's definitive proof but I would figure a gap between the tag and runner while the runner's foot was on the bag would be definitive :/

Beckx

lol he's been struggling but come on he's our best fucking player. It takes time to come back from TJS.

I'm just gonna drink and wait for the next Ace Shintaro start to cheer me up.

If anybody is interested I might just start an NPB thread in regular OT, anybody would post in it?

I would post there. It might end up being three or four of us haha. I was thinking of doing a similar thing in August for Koshien. Can probably get some people into that just with Ace of the Diamond hype in the title or something.

I would post there. It might end up being three or four of us haha. I was thinking of doing a similar thing in August for Koshien. Can probably get some people into that just with Ace of the Diamond hype in the title or something.

I'd be down for a Koshien thread.

I think a title about how Osaka Toin is satan is fitting. Maybe a reference to Hiranuma being Sawamura or something.

It's true what Darling said, the Giant hitters are too comfortable in the box.

Translation: "MATT THROW A FUCKING SLIDER".

Can say the same about Syndergaard and to a lesser extent Degrom.

But deGrom's FB has upward movement. He's got the 4 and 2 seem and can use his 4 as a rider. They have movement action which is what makes them so effective though yes he does need to work on his change and his curve.

Syndergaard has just been hit hard, BABIP isn't in his favor but the curve isn't breaking either.

Just need to trade Gee or Niese or both for Aramis Ramirez and let Matz pitch. His breaking stuff is money.

Mets in talks with Brewers, Braun has been pulled from the game. hmm?

We're in talks for Ramirez not Braun. There is no way in hell we'd take on the money for him. None. Plus he doesn't fit here.

Name a better 3B we could immediately trade for with the pitching.

He's just a patch job until Wright can come back.

Wright isn't coming back.

We need to sort out a long term plan but in the short term we can't continue having fat Reuben and Shit Soup play that travesty they have been at third. We need something, Ramirez is the best available for cheap.

Wright isn't coming back.

We need to sort out a long term plan but in the short term we can't continue having fat Reuben and Shit Soup play that travesty they have been at third. We need something, Ramirez is the best available for cheap.

troy tulowitzki?

That's the best long term plan I can think of.

rando14

troy tulowitzki?

Hh3vrOp.gif

Mets selling the farm for Tulo would be amazing

troy tulowitzki?

I like having prospects. Plus Matz would be a requirement for him and he's firmly on the "do not give up under any circumstances" list.

We're just kinda screwed, tbh. We didn't see this coming and the Mets had 0 plans for Wrights eventual successor, let alone immediate one. We just need to bite the bullet and see that we're probably going to be screwed at 3B, it'll basically become the new SS on the team, a hole that takes so long to fix that another will pop up before we do anyway.

Beckx

I'd be down for a Koshien thread.

I think a title about how Osaka Toin is satan is fitting. Maybe a reference to Hiranuma being Sawamura or something.

I was thinking like:

Osaka Toin = Inashiro given their history but current team lacks a pitcher of Mei's caliber.

Tsuruga Kehi was a Seido type team except Hiranuma = Mei + Masa combined
Gifushou's Takahashi = Furuya (157kph hits the "insane for high school" threshold)
Sendai Ikuei's Satou Sena = Clockwork

-------

Charlie Morton is 4-0. Did not expect that. He did work tonight.

I was thinking like:

Osaka Toin = Inashiro given their history but current team lacks a pitcher of Mei's caliber.

Tsuruga Kehi was a Seido type team except Hiranuma = Mei + Masa combined
Gifushou's Takahashi = Furuya (157kph hits the "insane for high school" threshold)
Sendai Ikuei's Satou Sena = Clockwork

That sounds close enough to me.

I like having prospects. Plus Matz would be a requirement for him and he's firmly on the "do not give up under any circumstances" list.

We're just kinda screwed, tbh. We didn't see this coming and the Mets had 0 plans for Wrights eventual successor, let alone immediate one. We just need to bite the bullet and see that we're probably going to be screwed at 3B, it'll basically become the new SS on the team, a hole that takes so long to fix that another will pop up before we do anyway.

Problem with the Mets is that there really hasn't been any great bats in FA, and the ones they have spent decent $ on haven't really come through for them.

Well, considering there is no definite timelime for Wright to come back, what are the Mets suppose to do?

Put MUrphy at 3B?

Problem with the Mets is that there really hasn't been any great bats in FA, and the ones they have spent decent $ on haven't really come through for them.

Well none of us, including Sandy, thought that Grandy and Cuddyer would solve all our woes. But Sandy has missed on every FA the last two years and yes, he's hamstrung by ownership that doesn't (and really cannot) spend money, but that means you have to be Friedman or Beane level good, and everybody hyped up Sandy as that level of guy and well... he's failed.

We have this great farm system and yet what dividends has it payed us so far?

They could of had Nelson Cruz instead of Granderson.

No, we couldn't have, he wanted too much money.

Plus his power would be significantly lessened in Citi just like all our hitters. It's not a HR hitters park.

Well, considering there is no definite timelime for Wright to come back, what are the Mets suppose to do?

Put MUrphy at 3B?

Get Ramirez. That's the plan. That's whats going to happen. After that well you have to deal with it as if David isn't coming back so, who knows.

The owners don't have any real money to sign Japanese players.

This patchjob is the best you're gonna get unless they sell the team to another rich guy or group.

Which isn't happening because Manfred is a Selig stooge so he wants to keep the fraternity together.

We just need to accept that unless we build like the A's/Ray's and plan to win without a budget with good managing and good GM'ing, we're screwed.

Which isn't happening because Manfred is a Selig stooge so he wants to keep the fraternity together.

We just need to accept that unless we build like the A's/Ray's and plan to win without a budget with good managing and good GM'ing, we're screwed.

IT could be worse... We could be owned by Dan Loria instead.

The initial prognosis regarding Wright, I hope to God this won't be a similar outcome to Lou Gehrig's career.

I don't think I'd be able to emotionally handle watching Wright have to deliver a retirement speech that isn't him winning at least one WS ring.

Link

The Autumn Wind
IT could be worse... We could be owned by Dan Loria instead.

The initial prognosis regarding Wright, I hope to God this won't be a similar outcome to Lou Gehrig's career.

I don't think I'd be able to emotionally handle watching Wright have to deliver a retirement speech that isn't him winning at least one WS ring.
If it makes you feel better, even healthy, Wright wasn't winning a WS ring with the Mets anyway.

No, we couldn't have, he wanted too much money.

Plus his power would be significantly lessened in Citi just like all our hitters. It's not a HR hitters park.

Safeco is more of a pitcher's park than Citi Field, but Seattle still signed him and he's done well for them (although the splits are clear)

Not that I think the Mets should have signed Nelson Cruz. He probably takes back close to what he gives with his dismal defense

Top Bottom