• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Never gonna happen. The MLB and Montreal have both burned basically every bridge.

If a good owner was behind Montreal, I could see the MLB allowing it.

I don't think the Jays would be supportive, though. Right now their territory is considered "Canada", so I could see them fighting expansion that would cut into that.

Fox318

066eb6200a0783752ad57f272b89c0ae.jpg

d78b0c9297945f8b728a4a7a3541c97b.jpg

5af0a9a292c606288a247734d3dfc290.jpg

809f077dd6aa10b8f4fb0ce2ede9c65a.jpg

64562455192a6fa87aab731b5966a85e.jpg

b9220176b8fb64f3695ab32c26f98059.jpg

6a769691e1ac45d657db82f49c639e9d.jpg

ee5f897566a05c3a7ee2ae12e3ad99ad.jpg
doesn't seem like alot of tvs for people to watch the braves.

Then again nobody wants to watch the braves.

zroid

Banned
I don't think the Jays would be supportive, though. Right now their territory is considered "Canada", so I could see them fighting expansion that would cut into that.

You wouldn't think so (and I don't), but it's funny that all day the @BlueJays account has been retweeting Montrealers begging for a team

ShaneB

You wouldn't think so (and I don't), but it's funny that all day the @BlueJays account has been retweeting Montrealers begging for a team

Yeah, it's been expos content all day it seems on the twitter feed.

Excited for the season to be starting soon.

It's like opening day in Montreal. Jesus.

That diamond projection is better than some of the shit I've seen at Rogers' Centre.

They really want that team.

Next year I'm banking on a regular season series being played there.

Russell Martin seems thrilled to be playing in Canada.

Parch

I really wonder what Blue Jay management would think about Montreal expansion. I'm not so sure they would be opposed. Expos were never really a threat to Jay popularity. At least before the Expo death march started both teams had good support across Canada. If Montreal was added to the AL, it would be a nice rivalry.

Wandy Rodriguez released. Should the Blue Jays consider him for some SP depth just in case? They're saving some money by not paying Viciedo now so there's some cash in the piggy bank.

I really wonder what Blue Jay management would think about Montreal expansion. I'm not so sure they would be opposed. Expos were never really a threat to Jay popularity. At least before the Expo death march started both teams had good support across Canada. If Montreal was added to the AL, it would be a nice rivalry.

Wandy Rodriguez released. Should the Blue Jays consider him for some SP depth just in case? They're saving some money by not paying Viciedo now so there's some cash in the piggy bank.

The rivalry could be great for baseball in Canada if they are both in the East but the Expos would definitely cut into the Jays country wide merchandise sales for a few years.

BFIB

Move the Marlins to the AL East and relocate the Rays to Montreal as the Expos for the NL East.

I think if it was made into an AL east battle it would be fun, but I just can't see it happening. A) Both sides as I said have burned every conceivable bridge. B) Baseball in Montreal has proven that it can fail. Yes, it'll draw well early and when/if they win. But if the franchise goes through another prolonged rough spot, attendance and fan support will evaporate.

I'm also curious where the MLB/NL would add it's second expansion team. Buffalo maybe? Omaha has infrastructure, Charlotte makes the most sense, really.

It'll be interesting to watch this play out over the next few years, the Rays moving will spur a LOT of discussion about expansion.

Move the Marlins to the AL East and relocate the Rays to Montreal as the Expos for the NL East.

If Montreal gets a team it needs to be in the AL East.

The rivalry with the Jays will still bring crowds even during those periods when the team is struggling to win. The fact they will be facing each other a lot will only help things.

Also, Boston isn't too far away so crowds coming up for games will help attendance when all the "we want a team" bandwagoners have long since gone. They will get crowds from New York coming up as well.

Having an Expos vs. Jays World Series match up is the only reason to put them in the NL and the chances of that are slim to none.

Kingbrave

Am I the only one who prefers the gameday audio to video? I can fuck around and game and shit while games are on and I don't know maybe I'm just stupid.

Am I the only one who prefers the gameday audio to video? I can fuck around and game and shit while games are on and I don't know maybe I'm just stupid.

A lot of people still love listening to baseball games on radio.

I usually game while listening to baseball.

Sanjuro

It's still stupid the Sox are playing the fucking Phillies. Great divisional rivals!

I remember we played the Mariners early for years. I'd bring a radio to school and tell the teachers to fuck off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bochy and Sabean forever a giant.

To expand on that, Sabean promoted to VP of baseball operations, Bobby Evans promoted to GM. Sabes to go back to being able to focus on more scouting work, particularly on the international front.

Can Sabean repeat his scouting run from his Yankees days (Jeter, Rivera, Pettitte, Posada, etc)?

rekameohs

Banned
Great to hear that Archie Bradley's gonna be on the Opening Day roster. That'll be something to actually look forward to this season every fifth game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cards claim former first round pick Gary Brown off of waivers.

Would not be surprised if this ends up biting SF in the ass in the future, but also would not be surprised if he just flames out.

Top Bottom