• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Link

The Autumn Wind
Now I get to listen to a Sunday Night Baseball team that makes me yearn for the days of Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

I've got no real issue with Shulman, but Kruk and Schilling are just terribad.

I really like Glanville and Mark Mulder from BBTN. Would make a good color team for Shulman.

Also Buster Olney says the W Sox should trade Sale lol. Only deal I'd consider trading him for is like Urias and or Seager or Gallo + a lot from the Rangers.

zulux21

I really like Glanville and Mark Mulder from BBTN. Would make a good color team for Shulman.

Also Buster Olney says the W Sox should trade Sale lol. Only deal I'd consider trading him for is like Urias and or Seager or Gallo + a lot from the Rangers.

Trading Sale would demand a HUGE ransom. In his prime, plus his contract is insanely team friendly.

yeah.
QhJsRQM.png

that is the contract of a guy who has been top 6 of the cy young voting the last 3 years (and is doing a good job of pushing himself into another top 6 finish despite starting injured and having a rocky bit)

I can't even imagine the package it would take to get the guy who is the face of the white sox franchise right now. Likely at least prospects 1-5 from any given team (as the white sox would need to be overwhelmed to even think about it)

Heck if he stays pitching this way for the next few years I imagine he would still get a huge return at the all star break during the 2018 season with merely a year and a half on his contract.

but I can't imagine the white sox trading him as despite what is going on this season they aren't a terrible team, and with a few fixes and promotion of tim anderson they could easily compete next season and chris sale would need to be there to do so

Marz

What is up with the White Sox lineup? Haven't followed baseball closely in years but the Sox used to always have big bats in the lineup, Frank Thomas, Konerko, Thome....now they've got this Abreu clown hitting cleanup and Melky Cabrera is considered one of their better hitters? Lmao.

zulux21

What is up with the White Sox lineup? Haven't followed baseball closely in years but the Sox used to always have big bats in the lineup, Frank Thomas, Konerko, Thome....now they've got this Abreu clown hitting cleanup and Melky Cabrera is considered one of their better hitters? Lmao.

I am guessing you missed Abreu's rookie season last year.

as for the big bats, the white sox have shifted to more of a focus on speed with some power instead of pure power and no speed. Unfortunately the power is even less than expected and the speed isn't working at all.

in different news I didn't realize both Johnny Cueto and Aroldis Chapman were free agents after this season. should be a fun trade deadline for reds fans.

I am guessing you missed Abreu's rookie season last year.

as for the big bats, the white sox have shifted to more of a focus on speed with some power instead of pure power and no speed. Unfortunately the power is even less than expected and the speed isn't working at all.

in different news I didn't realize both Johnny Cueto and Aroldis Chapman were free agents after this season. should be a fun trade deadline for reds fans.

The Nats get Chapman and I cry myself to sleep.

Bullpen didn't implode yesterday. Nice. A's still in this.

ETKRJeD.gif

Now I get to listen to a Sunday Night Baseball team that makes me yearn for the days of Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

No. Nothing is that bad. Not even Schilling and Kruk. Joe Morgan is the baseball antichrist. Joe Morgan is what would happen if you forced Harold Reynolds and Curt Schilling to have some abomination baby of terrible. No, time has lessened the horror of Joe Morgan in your mind. No baseball announcer has ever been worse.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/132044338/melissa-mayeux-france-eligible-sign-mlb

At noon on Sunday afternoon, a 16-year-old French girl made Major League Baseball history.

Melissa Mayeux, a shortstop on the French U-18 junior national team, became the first known female baseball player to be added to MLB's international registration list, which means she will be eligible to be signed by a Major League club on July 2.
• Cast your Esurance All-Star ballot for #ASGWorthy players
International prospects, Mayeux included, are typically added to the international registration list at MLB-sanctioned events after verifying their dates of birth and citizenship; while anyone can technically be added to the list, only those who have the potential to actually be signed are customarily registered.

OTL:pete Rose bet on baseball while still playing

For 26 years, Pete Rose has kept to one story: He never bet on baseball while he was a player.

Yes, he admitted in 2004, after almost 15 years of denials, he had placed bets on baseball, but he insisted it was only as a manager.

But new documents obtained by Outside the Lines indicate Rose bet extensively on baseball -- and on the Cincinnati Reds -- as he racked up the last hits of a record-smashing career in 1986. The documents go beyond the evidence presented in the 1989 Dowd report that led to Rose's banishment and provide the first written record that Rose bet while he was still on the field.

"This does it. This closes the door," said John Dowd, the former federal prosecutor who led MLB's investigation.

7o1IU0O.png

I've long said that MLB should forgive and forget and bring Pete back into the fold, but this is a terrible look for ol buddy

Top Bottom