• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

:lol at the NL Central and the records of the 2nd and 3rd place teams. Seven games back but would be leading the other two NL divisions

Feel bad for Pittsburgh (not the Cubs though)

zulux21

so I am hoping the white sox sign Phillippe Aumont. seems like a great rescue case for them and they could use some right handed pitching to go along with their quality left handed starters sale, rodan and quintana.

is it the trade deadline yet? I need a reason to care about what my team is doing lol. (officially the worst team in the AL now, 4th worst overall)

zulux21

Since April we've gone 22-34, no team in the majors other than the Phillies has been worse.

We're not just bad, we're appallingly bad.

mets current record 36-37
mets record on april 30th 15-8

record since april = 21-29

red sox current record 32-41
red sox on april 30th 12-10

record since april = 20-31

other teams I can quickly see that have worse records than the mets since the end of april
colorado 20-30
miami 20-31
phillies obviously

so you aren't that far off but not as bad as you are trying to claim. that being said it doesn't look great, but it's hardly time to give up when you are only 3.5 games back after a 7 game losing streak.

mets current record 36-37
mets record on april 30th 15-8

record since april = 21-29

red sox current record 32-41
red sox on april 30th 12-10

record since april = 20-31

other teams I can quickly see that have worse records than the mets since the end of april
colorado 20-30
miami 20-31
phillies obviously

so you aren't that far off but not as bad as you are trying to claim. that being said it doesn't look great, but it's hardly time to give up when you are only 3.5 games back after a 7 game losing streak.

From April 24th, two months exactly. Meant to post taht but I'v been awake for about 30 hours now and fuck it I'm lazy.

And it's ntyo too late to be doom and gloom because well, we fucking suck. We're about to get swept by the Brewers, pitching their #3-5 starters.

From April 24th, two months exactly. Meant to post taht but I'v been awake for about 30 hours now and fuck it I'm lazy.

And it's ntyo too late to be doom and gloom because well, we fucking suck. We're about to get swept by the Brewers, pitching their #3-5 starters.
Remember when MetsGAF was like "it's fine, we're in a weak division" and actually had hope for the young season? Fun times.

Cards will come down to earth sooner or later. Hopefully this weekend against the Cubs.

I've been saying that for a long time and it hasn't happened (despite all the injuries). They will come back down to earth eventually (or maybe not, baseball is weird) but .500 ball from here on out gets them to 92.5 wins

wbsmcs

So stoked that the Jays actually won a series at Tropicana. It seems that whenever they get hot, they go play the Rays and lose it all.

Back in 2013 when they had their 10+ game winning streak I remember how they played a series there and Tampa had back-to-back-to-back homeruns..that right there was pretty much the end of that season.

I don't see how they don't win the AL East. I don't see the Yankees being much of a threat as Pineda and Tanaka will probably fall off as they pitch more innings.

AA will also have to make some noise at the trade deadline or risk losing his job, so I definitely think they add some pitching which would put them in a better position than Baltimore.

The only team that scares me is Tampa. Even with all their injuries they've been getting production from guys like Karns and Erasmo Ramirez. Now with Odorizzi and Moore coming back their pitching will be the best in the AL. Watching this series against them...Jepsen, McGee, and Boxberger remind me a lot of Herrera, Davis, Holland from lsat year. Maybe not as good, but none the less..if they have a lead going into the 7th, those guys are pretty much lock down.

So stoked that the Jays actually won a series at Tropicana. It seems that whenever they get hot, they go play the Rays and lose it all.

Back in 2013 when they had their 10+ game winning streak I remember how they played a series there and Tampa had back-to-back-to-back homeruns..that right there was pretty much the end of that season.

I don't see how they don't win the AL East. I don't see the Yankees being much of a threat as Pineda and Tanaka will probably fall off as they pitch more innings.

AA will also have to make some noise at the trade deadline or risk losing his job, so I definitely think they add some pitching which would put them in a better position than Baltimore.

The only team that scares me is Tampa. Even with all their injuries they've been getting production from guys like Karns and Erasmo Ramirez. Now with Odorizzi and Moore coming back their pitching will be the best in the AL. Watching this series against them...Jepsen, McGee, and Boxberger remind me a lot of Herrera, Davis, Holland from lsat year. Maybe not as good, but none the less..if they have a lead going into the 7th, those guys are pretty much lock down.

If (LOL) they got Chapman... Well, no, they'd still fuck it up and finish 4th.

zroid

Banned
The only team that scares me is Tampa.

Fuck. Tampa.

seriously though even in another down year for the AL East (although perhaps they're better than we were led to believe early on), it again feels like anyone can win, except maybe Boston (but who knows).

that's good... because we have a chance.

it's bad... because we're fucking cursed so it's just going to mean false hope till August/September :(

Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 7m7 minutes ago
#RedSox today placed 2B Dustin Pedroia on 15-day DL (right hamstring strain), DFA'd C Erik Kratz, optioned RHP Joe Kelly to Pawtucket…

…selected SS Deven Marrero and RHP Jonathan Aro to active ML roster from Pawtucket, and recalled OF Jackie Bradley Jr. (2/2)

Edwardo

#RedSox today placed 2B Dustin Pedroia on 15-day DL (right hamstring strain), DFA'd C Erik Kratz, optioned RHP Joe Kelly to Pawtucket…

…selected SS Deven Marrero and RHP Jonathan Aro to active ML roster from Pawtucket, and recalled OF Jackie Bradley Jr. (2/2)

Can't wait for Masterson to start on Sunday.......................

hemtae

This year is going swimmingly.

Marz

Eh we'll see. If the Yankees stay healthy they're a better team than the Blue Jays.

Top Bottom