• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

For as much as I absolutely despise everything Boston, I really can't hate Orsillo and Remy. Those two are what TV broadcasting duos should be. They know the team is bad, so lets just shoot the shit about ties.

3N16MA

Banned
So stoked that the Jays actually won a series at Tropicana. It seems that whenever they get hot, they go play the Rays and lose it all.

Back in 2013 when they had their 10+ game winning streak I remember how they played a series there and Tampa had back-to-back-to-back homeruns..that right there was pretty much the end of that season.

I don't see how they don't win the AL East. I don't see the Yankees being much of a threat as Pineda and Tanaka will probably fall off as they pitch more innings.

AA will also have to make some noise at the trade deadline or risk losing his job, so I definitely think they add some pitching which would put them in a better position than Baltimore.

The only team that scares me is Tampa. Even with all their injuries they've been getting production from guys like Karns and Erasmo Ramirez. Now with Odorizzi and Moore coming back their pitching will be the best in the AL. Watching this series against them...Jepsen, McGee, and Boxberger remind me a lot of Herrera, Davis, Holland from lsat year. Maybe not as good, but none the less..if they have a lead going into the 7th, those guys are pretty much lock down.

Jays have been pitching better of late but still but they need to prove they can carry that for more than a month.

zychi

Banned
Edwin Jackson sucks, and he knows it, but i do apprecite him not being an asshole like a Milton Bradley or other overpaid shit players.

Still in line for a WC spot. Also there is no way the Buccos can keep up this pitching. I feel pretty confident about making the playoffs and adding a rotation piece at the deadline.

The Nats are going to be really interesting this offseason. They could possibly have a lot of talent leaving.

Shit, you're right. Dan Uggla's a free agent next year!

In all seriousness, these guys are all free agents next year:
-- Jordan Zimmermann
-- Doug Fister
-- Ian Desmond
-- Denard Span
-- Matt Thornton

3N16MA

Banned
Hes always mediocre garbage during the reg season. We signed him for potential playoff pitching. We have to get there first

Not really.

2006-2014:

8.22 K/9, 3.07 BB/9, 0.82 HR/9, 3.58 ERA, 3.58 FIP, 3.67 xFIP, 30.0 fWAR. Not elite but far from mediocre garbage. Look at Scherzer over that same span:

9.59 K/9, 2.82 BB/9, 0.97 HR/9, 3.58 ERA, 3.39 FIP, 3.42 xFIP, 25.1 fWAR (360 less innings)

Take the past two seasons in which Scherzer really came into his own and elevated his play. He is not leaps and bounds better than Lester.

Scherzer - 10.19 K/9, 2.46 BB/9, 0.75 HR/9, 3.02 ERA, 2.79 FIP, 3.14 xFIP, 11.1 fWAR

Lester - 8.25 K/9, 2.35 BB/9, 0.73 HR/9, 3.10 ERA, 3.19 FIP, 3.49 xFIP, 9.1 fWAR

wonder if justin upton gets traded at the deadline

padres are sinking fast

And Preller gave up some great pieces for him too. Jace Peterson is doing very well in ATL. Mike Foltynewicz was great when he was first called up, but hit a little snag. He'll be okay though.

Edit: Folty was in the Astros deal. Oops.

And Preller gave up some great pieces for him too. Jace Peterson is doing very well in ATL. Mike Foltynewicz was great when he was first called up, but hit a little snag. He'll be okay though.

Folty was an Astros spec in the Gattis trade.
But yeah, Preller gave up a ton this offseason.

Doesn't help that their rotation hasn't been as good as expected.

Peter Gammons said the Cubs should go for Tyson Ross if the Padres sell.

Folty was an Astros spec in the Gattis trade.
But yeah, Preller gave up a ton this offseason.

Doesn't help that their rotation hasn't been as good as expected.

Peter Gammons said the Cubs should go for Tyson Ross if the Padres sell.

Yeah, my bad. All those trades run together in my head lately.

Matz will start Sunday, Mets will go with a real 6 man rotation this time (not just Gee getting spot starts) until Niese or Colon is traded or cut (though only Niese is likely to get DFA'd).

rando14

Mariners were predicted to make the playoffs, now we're here in the basement of the AL West!!

sjA3IEM.gif

Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 7m7 minutes ago
#RedSox today placed 2B Dustin Pedroia on 15-day DL (right hamstring strain), DFA'd C Erik Kratz, optioned RHP Joe Kelly to Pawtucket…

Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 7m7 minutes ago
…selected SS Deven Marrero and RHP Jonathan Aro to active ML roster from Pawtucket, and recalled OF Jackie Bradley Jr. (2/2)
Eeesh. I love Joe Kelly, feel bad for the kid.

zychi

Banned
Not really.

2006-2014:

8.22 K/9, 3.07 BB/9, 0.82 HR/9, 3.58 ERA, 3.58 FIP, 3.67 xFIP, 30.0 fWAR. Not elite but far from mediocre garbage. Look at Scherzer over that same span:

9.59 K/9, 2.82 BB/9, 0.97 HR/9, 3.58 ERA, 3.39 FIP, 3.42 xFIP, 25.1 fWAR (360 less innings)

Take the past two seasons in which Scherzer really came into his own and elevated his play. He is not leaps and bounds better than Lester.

Scherzer - 10.19 K/9, 2.46 BB/9, 0.75 HR/9, 3.02 ERA, 2.79 FIP, 3.14 xFIP, 11.1 fWAR

Lester - 8.25 K/9, 2.35 BB/9, 0.73 HR/9, 3.10 ERA, 3.19 FIP, 3.49 xFIP, 9.1 fWAR
I know you're using Scherzer cuz someone said theyd rather have him. Scherzer wasnt going to be a Cub.

Im good with Lester, but his era and ip are mediorcre for a man making the money he is. He got that contract because of his postseason dominance, and any Cubs fan who watched the team from the reboot with Theo til now knows this.

Our new young guys are playing better then expected, we are nowhere near a contender yet. We need a better bullpen, and possibly two sps now that Wada is hurt.

For some reason I decided to go watch the Marlins get swept tonight. This offense is so sad to watch, with runners in scoring position.

Also, I don't remember that many Cardinals fans here last year. Is the bandwagon alive and well again?

Edit:

Back to back bunts and the Marlins don't get an out? Lol

Top Bottom