• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Friedman will remake the entire bullpen with international signings.

Meanwhile my hand is falling off from casting these ASG votes.

JOC MUST START

ePqsm1A.png

The St. Louis Cardinals have terminated the services of their scouting director, Chris Correa, after an “imposed leave of absence,” a lawyer for Cardinals executives said Thursday.

James G. Martin, lawyer for chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. and general manager John Mozeliak, declined to comment on the reasons for his separation or any details of an investigation into the hacking of a Houston Astros database.

Martin said that the Cardinals were continuing to investigate. He declined to comment when asked whether any employee has admitted hacking the Astros, citing an ongoing governmental investigation.

Correa declined to comment.

Correa's lawyers could not be immediately reached for comment.

Correa has admitted hacking into a Houston Astros database but said it was only to verify that the Astros had stolen proprietary data, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

Correa did not leak any Astros data, and is not responsible for additional hacks that the FBI has alleged occurred or leaking any data, said the source.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_b529088f-70c3-51c5-bab2-106afa1d2a12.html

I really hope a Cards vs Stros WS happens this year.

Cards fire their head scouting director.
Heads be rolling.

On mobile so I can't post the link easily, but Hardball Talk has Correa's lawyer's defense. It basically boils down to "Yes he did it, but it was just to confirm that the Astros took our info first."

My understanding of law is admittedly limited, but I can't imagine that "two wrongs makes a right" will stand up in court

Those bastards at Time Warner may prevent me from hearing Vin, but being able to watch Dick Enberg do the Pads lessens the pain a little bit.

This ump is a fucking joke. His strike zone has been shit and then he comes up with that bullshit call. I am going to assume he's fucking blind.

Did he think it was a force play?

zroid

Banned
The thing that makes no sense is the out call was made before he got tagged -- regardless of whether he actually touched the plate or not. So when you go to review, logically that call needs to be discarded.

THEN they can decide if he actually touched the plate, but from that frame of reference, he should be "called" safe and then you need evidence to prove him out. There was obviously not enough evidence to say he didn't touch the plate. So the final call should be safe.

Top Bottom