• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
They have a relatively big budget which is good.

But convincing Rogers to loosen the purse strings a bit to go over budget has proven to be a fool's errand. When AA can't even get them to spend $1M extra when it would make a big difference, it can be... challenging. Especially mid-season it's basically impossible to alter the budget. Maybe there's a little more leeway in the off-season -- but I imagine there's still plenty of red tape to wade through.

They have a relatively big budget which is good.

But convincing Rogers to loosen the purse strings a bit to go over budget has proven to be a fool's errand. When AA can't even get them to spend $1M extra when it would make a big difference, it can be... challenging. Especially mid-season it's basically impossible to alter the budget. Maybe there's a little more leeway in the off-season -- but I imagine there's still plenty of red tape to wade through.

And tbh, what's the point in trying to get people to sign in Toronto until 2017? Until we get grass in, nobody wants to sign, even though the risk of injury via turf is basically minimized, or overblown.

AA does need to either blow out and go hardcore, and stop penny pinching, or he needs to be fired. Stop finding these guys looking for another shot, and start going after big names. Wine and dine them, like the old days under Labatt.

I don't know what's sadder.

The fact that the Red Sox couldn't score in an inning where they had guys on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out or the fact that I absolutely expected it.

aFIGurANT

I still can't believe the Tommy Pham era is finally upon us.

I missed the breakdown but it sounds like he was only a low level prospect and that was a good 7 years ago? He seems like almost Bourjos fast but with some actual hitting ability. That run on Peralta's fly yesterday was sooo good. Very few guys on the team score with that shallow a pop IMO.

'Stros double errors to go down 2-1 after messing up a steal by sliding off the bag after being safe the previous inning. I must be jinxing them by watching.

I missed the breakdown but it sounds like he was only a low level prospect and that was a good 7 years ago? He seems like almost Bourjos fast but with some actual hitting ability. That run on Peralta's fly yesterday was sooo good. Very few guys on the team score with that shallow a pop IMO.
I don't think he was ever a legit prospect but there was quite a bit of hype on him amongst Cards fans who kept tabs on the minor league system. Seems to be average or better at every skill but health. A few folks wanted him to make the roster out of spring training so Grichuk could get more seasoning at AAA but, of course, Pham got hurt.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Holy shit the Rays won a game!

Erasmo Ramirez 5-1 with a 1.18 ERA in his last 7 starts. CY in the making! 7-2 and a 2.12 ERA since April 19. Savior!

aFIGurANT

I don't think he was ever a legit prospect but there was quite a bit of hype on him amongst Cards fans who kept tabs on the minor league system. Seems to be average or better at every skill but health. A few folks wanted him to make the roster out of spring training so Grichuk could get more seasoning at AAA but, of course, Pham got hurt.

Sounds about right, above all it makes me glad we have a Ramsey type still left over after that debacle of a Masterson trade. I wonder if Grichuk has the chops for a big leage CF or not...we're going to find out when Holliday is back. If not I'm all for Tommy Boy.

RGVNOE

Sounds about right, above all it makes me glad we have a Ramsey type still left over after that debacle of a Masterson trade. I wonder if Grichuk has the chops for a big leage CF or not...we're going to find out when Holliday is back. If not I'm all for Tommy Boy.

Grichuk has good speed and a good arm to be in CF and he believes that is his best position, looks like we'll find out soon, but I hope he can take CF, I'd rather see him there than Jay

Vin scully lmao

"I was told by the year 2030 there's gonna be no more redheads"

uKMUK.gif

Top Bottom