• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

So I take back that comment about Yankees commentary being the worst in baseball. Fox worked hard to claim that title tonight.

Speaking of Yankees;

catcher.gif

Why do the Pirates complain about HBP when they hit more batters than anyone?

It's happened so consistently over the past few years that it's clearly something the organization teaches

harSon

Banned
Why do the Pirates complain about HBP when they hit more batters than anyone?

It's happened so consistently over the past few years that it's clearly something the organization teaches

You mean Morton hits batters? We currently lead the league in getting hit by pitchers, were 2nd last year and led the league in 2013. And as others have said, we tend to pitch to the inside. But still, Morton is the brunt of it.

RGVNOE

another game lost because of Matheny, you had Villanueva in the bullpen why bring in greenwood? Matheny over managing again

another game lost because of Matheny, you had Villanueva in the bullpen why bring in greenwood? Matheny over managing again

Probably wants to save Villanueva for tomorrow because Cooney won't get deep in the game (and Villanueva threw 36 pitches yesterday)

Bigger question is why is Greenwood even on the roster? That one's on Mo

RGVNOE

Probably wants to save Villanueva for tomorrow because Cooney won't get deep in the game (and Villanueva threw 36 pitches yesterday)

Bigger question is why is Greenwood even on the roster? That one's on Mo

I forgot about that, but yeah I didn't know greenwood was on the MLB squad, and for all the talk of cardinals pitching depth they dont' seem to want to bring up anyone new, they keep bringing up the same guys that have struggled before,

You can blame Matheny.. or Siegrist could have done his job.

Or Rosenthal.

Or Lackey doesn't give up a HR to a pitcher who hadn't hit one since the year Youtube was invented.

Or Grichuk hits a cutoff man.

Or Reynolds catches a fairly simple throw over (good night at the plate though).

Or anyone in this scrub fucking lineup could hit w/RISP and extend a lead when given the chance.

Matheny is like 4th or 5th on the list of reasons the Cardinals choked this game away.

Great win for the Pirates though. They took advantage of every Cardinals mistake.

You can blame Matheny.. or Siegrist could have done his job.

Or Rosenthal.

Or Lackey doesn't give up a HR to a pitcher who hadn't hit one since the year Youtube was invented.

Or Grichuk hits a cutoff man.

Or Reynolds catches a fairly simple throw over (good night at the plate though).

Or anyone in this scrub fucking lineup could hit w/RISP and extend a lead when given the chance.

Matheny is like 4th or 5th on the list of reasons the Cardinals choked this game away.

Great win for the Pirates though. They took advantage of every Cardinals mistake.

He double-switched Heyward out of the game (really early, too), which I think was a pretty big mistake for defense alone. Double switched Wong too but I'm guessing that had to do with his HBP

Matheny definitely wasn't the sole reason we lost, but he helped - was a team effort

He double-switched Heyward out of the game (really early, too), which I think was a pretty big mistake for defense alone. Double switched Wong too but I'm guessing that had to do with his HBP

Matheny definitely wasn't the sole reason we lost, but he helped - was a team effort

Agreed. That's pretty much what I said.

I just tend to put player failures higher on the list. Managers are easy targets, but the players still have to make the plays.

RGVNOE

Agreed. That's pretty much what I said.

I just tend to put player failures higher on the list. Managers are easy targets, but the players still have to make the plays.

while Matheny definitely made some bad moves, and didn't make some he should've, I do agree the players have to do their job, too many mistakes on the field

Beckx

Jesus I missed a barn burner.

Hopefully I can catch the VOD today before MLBTV adds their stupid ads to it, though that's probably too late.

Top Bottom