• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I know I'm a little late but I don't care about the Derby so:

1) Maddux's 92 was in a comparable run environment, but most of the rest of his career numbers were in a much more hitter-friendly era of baseball than what we've got today. So that's important to remember if you're going to start thinking about comparing careers.

2) Keuchel is great, but he is also an extreme ground ball pitcher playing in front of the shifting-heaviest team in the game. They're having an all-time great season on limiting runs produced on ground balls.

3) Everyone thought Kris Medlen was the next Greg Maddux after his run in 2012. Half seasons don't have sufficient predictive value to make statements like "he could be better than a 1st round HoF" reasonable.

Man these new rules are awesome for the HR Derby. I was kinda pissed the 10 outs was gone but damn this is exciting!! Only 2 groups in and its been an awesome one already!

Wait why does he get an extra 30 seconds?

If you hit 2 over 425ft you get an extra 30

Any of Prince's kids play baseball?

Dunno, but this shot of Prince as a kid is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

little-prince.jpg

Top Bottom