• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Has Strausburg tried developing a slider? He needs something for hitters to make weak contact with so he can go deeper into games. He also couldn't get his fastball down in the zone. Once he starts losing velocity he is toast.

Has Strausburg tried developing a slider? He needs something for hitters to make weak contact with so he can go deeper into games. He also couldn't get his fastball down in the zone. Once he starts losing velocity he is toast.

Last year (or the year before I can't remember) SI or someone ran a whole article that was basically "look out world, Strasburg has a slider again!" When he first came into the league he had a devastating slider too, but it just never developed. And last year (I'm going with he did it last year if I'm wrong I'm wrong) he kept trying to use it but it just never developed the way he wanted it too. He only threw like 30 after April was over. It was a total failure.

He tried developing a curve, and that did the same thing.

He needs a third pitch to help mask his FB/Change combo. His change is the best in baseball, but if he doesn't have a complimentary pitch with horizontal movement, he's reached his peak IMO.

He should try and develop a cutter. That will help him against lefties and give him an inside breaking pitch that can help him jam guys in the zone. It's not as effective as a Slider would be at getting soft contact but it's a good alternative if he doesn't have enough break on the slider.

Personally, I'd teach him either a sharp low cutter or try and get him to develop a 12-6.

Ok I've got your first (combined) no hitter since 1981 right h-

bitcoin-gone.jpg

Thanks Hagadone.

Late, I know. Sure, we won, but it would have been nice. Oh well. :-l

I love Gose, I love Greene, I love Cespedes. And having Iggy back is like a new addition, too. 2015 Tigers are a lot of fun so far, even if it is the Twins.

Edit: And J.D. Martinez is still J.D. Martinez in 2015, too.

I love Gose, I love Greene, I love Cespedes. And having Iggy back is like a new addition, too. 2015 Tigers are a lot of fun so far, even if it is the Twins.

Tigers lineup is looking good and this is with Miggy and VMart starting slow. The lineup suddenly also has some speed so Handsome Brad can play some smallball.

Also as good as Travis may end up being. Trading him to the Beavermen for Gose was a good move. Gose is still a young guy with lots of potential who needed to escape the blackhole of Toronto where home grown prospects go to die.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

The "but it's the Twins" thing should be a huuuuuuge caveat. They're disgustingly bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is the strikeout music at Petco park the John Cena theme

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Middlebrooks continues to be hot garbage. Why the fuck is Black batting him fifth?

Top Bottom