• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Got our sweep of Pitt..
Time for the dirty birds..

We are ready!
please be ready.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I wanted the Nationals to trade Strasburg over the offseason. Hopefully he peaks near the All-Star break and we're in position to trade him.

something that i always hate hearing is "the team has dominated the pitcher the last few years but oh yea, none of those batters are here anymore."

zychi

Banned
If Maddon bases his decisions based on 102 total at bats spread between 14 players I'd fire him on the spot.

Travis has only been in the big leagues consistently for 3 years. He may have missed Col a few times based on the rotation.

Maddon may also be using it as an excuse to hide a problem with another pitcher (Lester would be my guess, if the rotation lines up that way)

zulux21

mlb seems to have changed their mlb.tv policy a bit this year.
normally I order a month and as soon as that is through I cancel it. I have mlb.tv for the month and no auto renew.

did that like normal this year and woke up this morning to see a refund from mlb o_O I guess I will have to wait a day or something even though they clearly say no refunds will be given when canceling.

Yay. Dodgers are playing today and they're in Churro Country. It's a shame we don't have the Steve Lyons pre-game in LA so I can see him eat the Churro Dog. Would've been great last year for the D-Bat Dog.

I know before the switch to SportsNet LA, during the pre-game in Milwaukee he put ketchup on his brats. Made me hate the man.

HeySeuss

How can you not root for Alex Rodriguez?

This guy.

Billy Hamilton is on pace to steal 324 bases this year. And the reds are undefeated! Where's Vas and the sub zero guy?

Since we play the cards tonight, we'll get our first loss and be at .500 after Sunday.

zulux21

at this time there are 5 teams in baseball without a win
by the end of tonight (assuming there is no rain outs) there will be at most 3 as 4 of the teams play each other.

there are also 5 teams without a loss... and none of them play each other today :p

the last time the white sox went 0-3 to start the season was 2003, they ended up winning 86 games that year.

Dat Marquis schnozz...

jason-marquis-ap.jpg

zulux21

I'm not feeling great about Buehrle... he always worries me

don't really get why you would be worried about Buerhle... I mean you know exactly what you will get with him.
200+ innings
3.5-4.25 ERA
1.2-1.4 WHIP
around a 3 strike out to 1 walk ratio
5 or so hit batters
great defense from the mound
the majority of the runs he will give up will be in the first inning.
and of course... a fast ball that tops out in the low 80s.

He isn't an Ace, but he is a great 3-4th starter. If I recall right though there was a stat a few years back that when it matters Buehrle, really turns it up where his team has won like 65-70% of the games he starts after a losing streak (of 2+ games) I can't find that stat now, but it was in an article about Buehrle being under rated. (which it's always sad how under rated he is given his consistency and two no hitters under his belt)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So many people worry about Buerhle and it makes sense.

You look at him and he's just not sexy, doesn't throw hard, is up there in age but really he gets the job done. People are used to these dudes with cannon arms who overpower batters.

As said above he's not an ace but you know what you're getting from him.

zulux21

So many people worry about Buerhle and it makes sense.

You look at him and he's just not sexy, doesn't throw hard, is up there in age but really he gets the job done. People are used to these dudes with cannon arms who overpower batters.

As said above he's not an ace but you know what you're getting from him.

I suppose it helps for me that I am a white sox fan, and watched him for years and know how solid he really is. He is the poster boy for you don't have to throw hard to be effective, solid control/deception can be as good if not better than a 100mph fast ball.

#ILoveThisTeam.......so far

Mean of the O's to drop JP Arencibia right before the Jays got to town and I can't believe Travis Snider is a starter

zychi

Banned
I suppose it helps for me that I am a white sox fan, and watched him for years and know how solid he really is. He is the poster boy for you don't have to throw hard to be effective, solid control/deception can be as good if not better than a 100mph fast ball.
Yep. I always say he's this generations Greg Maddux, hasnt had killer speed for a while, but he has crazy control and can get batters to ground out.

Parch

Devon Travis off to a good start. He's been hitting and the defense has been good so far. Travis, Norris, and bullpen kids. Blue Jay rooks are producing.

Top Bottom